• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hargenx

There's actually an account called @BaselBanter

10394060_821257904603347_5070302025861893191_n.png

That flag... lol

Wilbur

Banned
i can play the following songs on my guitar:

don't panic
a rush of blood to the head
green eyes (only the verse bit because that one guy on coldplaying never posted the rest of the tabs and last time i checked--which was years ago--the chords on ultimate-guitar didn't sound right
l1x61OA.png
)
we never change
yellow
sparks
warning sign

gpasuyf--which is their coolest song--is impossible to play without snapping your strings. ;_;

I really don't have the patience for guitar. Takes me so long to learn a song whereas it just comes naturally to my dad and that pisses me off even more

Really disappointing to spend 5 years desperately clawing to get back into the top 4, then go out with such a whimper

The prospect of Thursdays and Sundays is pretty depressing.

Think you'll give the EL a good crack? Rodgers has to win a trophy at some point.

Wilbur

Banned
It's a crime.

Not only is she fugly, she's scared of a few damn dogs SMH

Ironborn my scrotum

I cant decide who the hottest is

dany is too depressing
Margaery a bit weird looking
Sansa's alright

I think i like robb's wife the most

edit oh and melisandre

JESus

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
i can play the following songs on my guitar:

don't panic
a rush of blood to the head
green eyes (only the verse bit because that one guy on coldplaying never posted the rest of the tabs and last time i checked--which was years ago--the chords on ultimate-guitar didn't sound right
l1x61OA.png
)
we never change
yellow
sparks
warning sign

gpasuyf--which is their coolest song--is impossible to play without snapping your strings. ;_;

I have individual tabs for most of them (in my head), if its the thread im thinking of its "Kapones" right? He got some stuff horribly wrong but for a first attempt the thread was pretty good, a Message is just wrong if i remember correctly and a few are "ok" but silly.

God put a smile upon your face doesnt have to snap your strings, the tuning I use doesnt at all (and this is someone who has snapped many strings before).

its late now but I can upload Green eyes for you, i have a tab I use which incorporates the solo Simon Pegg did with his Harmonica when he performed live with them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jidf0Ocyiwg which is lovely. Green eyes is quite simple however there are some notes which arent in most tabs for some reason, through trial and error I managed to work them out, dont mind doing a write up for you tomorrow.

Wilbur

Banned
it depends on the song, really. many of those songs that i listed are quite easy to learn.

www.ultimate-guitar.com has tons of tabs. you don't even have to 'know' the chords.

Yeah i know a few easy ones - Hurt, the one at the start of True Detective, three or four Dylan songs...

Learnt R U Mine really quite well off that Rocksmith game. Just never find the time to play it!

I really don't have the patience for guitar. Takes me so long to learn a song whereas it just comes naturally to my dad and that pisses me off even more

Think you'll give the EL a good crack? Rodgers has to win a trophy at some point.

I really, really don't have a clue. Could go either way, could start as one and change to the other if we advance to a stage where there's a real chance of us winning it

-If we finish fourth, his job is secure regardless of what we do in the cups. Getting knocked out of EL would help us try and achieve that probably
-We could use the EL to bed in new players, leading to improved league performances. Staying in it could be advantageous there, even if we don't win it
-Winning it would make his job reasonably secure even if we finish below 4th, and we could (to a degree) discard the shitty league performances unless we finish like 9th

Wouldn't be surprised if we put out stronger and stronger teams the further we get (assuming we even make it past 1 round), the way we try to in the domestic cups

The way we've been going in the league, we could easily find ourselves in a situation where we have to put all our eggs in the EL basket just to have a slight chance of CL football next year

OneTwoTee

Banned
Coldplay's guitarist went to the same high school I did. His mum was a teacher there as well. Teachers never stopped banging on about him in assemblies. Think they even did a gig at the school years ago. #claimtofame

Nobody really knows the members of Coldplay apart from Chris Martin anyway lol

bud

I have individual tabs for most of them (in my head), if its the thread im thinking of its "Kapones" right? He got some stuff horribly wrong but for a first attempt the thread was pretty good, a Message is just wrong if i remember correctly and a few are "ok" but silly.

God put a smile upon your face doesnt have to snap your strings, the tuning I use doesnt at all (and this is someone who has snapped many strings before).

its late now but I can upload Green eyes for you, i have a tab I use which incorporates the solo Simon Pegg did with his Harmonica when he performed live with them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jidf0Ocyiwg which is lovely. Green eyes is quite simple however there are some notes which arent in most tabs for some reason, through trial and error I managed to work them out, dont mind doing a write up for you tomorrow.

fu
ckin
g
he
l
l

i remember that thread. and i actually just googled it because...

dAeAJsY.png

... i posted in it.

i was seventeen at the time.
ib2prFi25kEdBe.png

i would really appreciate that!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
fu
ckin
g
he
l
l

i remember that thread. and i actually just googled it because...

dAeAJsY.png

... i posted in it.

i was seventeen at the time.
ib2prFi25kEdBe.png

i would really appreciate that!

haha, i posted on there many times too, any tabs you need I can find or make, there isnt a coldplay song I havent learned if it interests me, you mentioned we never change, a version they did in Boston with an extended guitar beginning gives me chills, such a wonderful song to learn.

Help is round the corner is so fun

Have you tried borthers and sisters? Capo on 2

Is that the official Coldplay forum?

My brother used to be a member on there. He said the administrator was some silly bint who used to pretend to be close friends with the band

Mr Cola

Is that the official Coldplay forum?

My brother used to be a member on there. He said the administrator was some silly bint who used to pretend to be close friends with the band

Its gone through alot of turmoil, lots of infighting, it was down recently because the people didnt want to deal with it anymore but magically came back up a few months back.

Politics (Politic is a great song)

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Without a doubt. Too bad that songs like "Shiver", "Spies" and "We Never Change" get completely overlooked when people talk about Coldplay nowadays.

That beginning from Don't Panic to Sparks is magical.

jts

...hate me...
That's what I was thinking

myClub seems like a half-arsed ripoff of FIFA. I did enjoy the legendary default players names turning up though

If anyone's about I'll play an online match or two. Only played one match so far, and that was the first one in myClub which seemed to be on the easiest difficulty, against some fucking awful randomly generated team

like the result of our summer transfers
I won't play further today, but what's your PSN so I can add you?

I won't play further today, but what's your PSN so I can add you?

Same as on here :)

I don't really get the licensing stuff

They have player likeness and name rights, but not clubs. They have Champions League rights, but not rights to the clubs that are (or were :( ) in it

bud

haha, i posted on there many times too, any tabs you need I can find or make, there isnt a coldplay song I havent learned if it interests me, you mentioned we never change, a version they did in Boston with an extended guitar beginning gives me chills, such a wonderful song to learn.

Help is round the corner is so fun

Have you tried borthers and sisters? Capo on 2

no, i haven't tried that one. several strings snapped, so i stopped playing, haha. it was my first guitar and it was a really, really cheap one (think i got it for, like, twenty bucks).

ATF487

Europa League eh? Might be able to pop over to that England sometime in the spring, maybe I can see a game at Anfield without spending loads of cash

That is the only silver lining

First online PES Match, I got to face Real Madrid...

That last minute goal was so satisfying. The guy was basically spamming through balls to Bale and Ronaldo, scored one of the two that got through my defense and with a rebound from Benzema.

jts

...hate me...
First online PES Match, I got to face Real Madrid...

That last minute goal was so satisfying. The guy was basically spamming through balls to Bale and Ronaldo, scored one of the two that got through my defense and with a rebound from Benzema.

That's not bad but I also have a not too shabby one against Real.

:D

Getting tied and then scoring the winning goal both on Fergie time feels amazing.

Wanna share your PSN m8?

btw, why didn't Konami make the score clear in all these layouts is beyond me. Big banner with the team names and crests but not the score. Okay.

The Jackbox Party Box is fucking fantastic. Fibbage, You Don't Know Jack and Drawful are all fantastic! Can't wait to play it with the whole family on Christmas Eve!

That's not bad but I also have a not too shabby one against Real.

:D

Getting tied and then scoring the winning goal both on Fergie time feels amazing.

Wanna share your PSN m8?

btw, why didn't Konami make the score clear in all these layouts is beyond me. Big banner with the team names and crests but not the score. Okay.

Sure. My PSN is LFMartins86.

sohois

At the start of the season I felt quite disappointed to be living in an area which would make it near impossible to see the Champions League.

Ended up being quite lucky really.

I haven't watched the match or highlights, but I don't think I'm being controversial when I say that the team selection was abysmal and really cost Liverpool. A must win game starting with 4 CMs and only one recognised striker in the squad.

Rodgers appears to be stuck in some regressive style, where bad results cause him to be more cautious, sticking to the players and tactics he knows, which in turn leads to more bad results and more caution. What is really needed is change, and some positivity in his ideas, much like what was achieved when he first came in. There aren't really youngsters that can shake things up like Sterling or Suso at this point - the best youngsters are either a year away or out on loan - but that still shouldn't prevent innovation.

Zabojnik

Allegri has done good so far. 4-3-1-2 ftw, even though I'd prefer we'd play with 4-3-3. Maybe next season or whenever Berardi joins us. In the meantime, his next challenge should be integrating Morata and Coman into the starting XI. Llorente just doesn't seem to be working in this new tactical setup, much as he applies himself.

what a fine team :3

You're not Slizz.

Last night showed why I love Podolski, when given a chance he is a beast. It should really be Podolski - Giroud or Welbeck - Sanchez the rest of the way.

But knowing that stupid cunt manager, Podolski will not play for another three weeks and then it will be a 10 minute substitution appearance. Followed by Wedward calling him shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom