• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAM09

I've started it but I dunno. So many prompts initially to teach you stuff. Then you get a bunch of randoms and Gotze.

Spent an awful lot of timing doing my kits though.

Still haven't played online.

Also I don't know where to change the difficulty setting. Default is too easy.

The difficulty on MyClub gradually goes up, the more games you win against the CPU.

Chelsea ended top of the group though while Basel ended up in Europa League. The way they really beat Chelsea was by selling Salah.
leeleeleebizlk.png

I hope he starts tomorrow, we have nothing to lose.

I found Jose's comments about resting players very strange. Why only JT/Hazard/Willian? (Cesc, Matic and Costa having had suspensions)

Cahill, Azpili and Oscar should all be rested, Branna too if they can find another right back.

I'd have no problem with them gutting the team for tomorrow. Loftus-Cheek hopefully starts, i'd love to see Ake and Zouma too. Put Rami at right back or something, Mikel in a 3 with L-C and Ake (the most negative midfield ever), Salah, Schurrle and Costa. Or, play 3 at the back and 5 in midfield. Remy should start too.

I don't think we'll win tomorrow tbh so I don't mind if he does something stupid haha.

LAM09

I hope he starts tomorrow, we have nothing to lose.

I found Jose's comments about resting players very strange. Why only JT/Hazard/Willian? (Cesc, Matic and Costa having had suspensions)

Cahill, Azpili and Oscar should all be rested, Branna too if they can find another right back.

I'd have no problem with them gutting the team for tomorrow. Loftus-Cheek hopefully starts, i'd love to see Ake and Zouma too. Put Rami at right back or something, Mikel in a 3 with L-C and Ake (the most negative midfield ever), Salah, Schurrle and Costa. Or, play 3 at the back and 5 in midfield. Remy should start too.

I don't think we'll win tomorrow tbh so I don't mind if he does something stupid haha.

I doubt Mourinho will make too many changes. He'll rest the players he mentioned, and possibly start Cech. I hope I'm wrong though, as he needs to start rotating players.

I doubt Mourinho will make too many changes. He'll rest the players he mentioned, and possibly start Cech. I hope I'm wrong though, as he needs to start rotating players.

Cech
Branna Cahill Zouma Luis
Mikel L-C
Schurrle Oscar Salah
Costa

Is how I think he'll go. I really hope Remy gets more chances soon, he does well off the bench but should be starting a dead rubber like this.

LAM09

Cech
Branna Cahill Zouma Luis
Mikel L-C
Schurrle Oscar Salah
Costa

Is how I think he'll go. I really hope Remy gets more chances soon, he does well off the bench but should be starting a dead rubber like this.

That line up should be more than capable of doing a job at home. In regards to Remy, I'm surprised he hasn't been given more game time, but that can be said about a few players so far this season.

That line up should be more than capable of doing a job at home. In regards to Remy, I'm surprised he hasn't been given more game time, but that can be said about a few players so far this season.

Ramires is a suitable back up for Matic if we need someone to get the ball forwards. Luis is good for the full back positions (he can push Azpili to RB) but Remy was unlucky to be injured when Costa was and now he's behind Drogba, shame I think he will be a great signing for us though. I don't mind if Jose wants to play him behind Costa or on the wingers which he said he can and will do but really, play him ffs Jose.

LAM09

Ramires is a suitable back up for Matic if we need someone to get the ball forwards. Luis is good for the full back positions (he can push Azpili to RB) but Remy was unlucky to be injured when Costa was and now he's behind Drogba, shame I think he will be a great signing for us though. I don't mind if Jose wants to play him behind Costa or on the wingers which he said he can and will do but really, play him ffs Jose.

I can only see Remy playing as a winger ATM. Drogba is actually doing better than I thought he would, and Costa needs to find his touch again. Either way, Remy needs to be used more.

GorillaJu

Is this Montoya lad from Barca any good? Apparently we're interested.

Okay, let me rephrase that. Is he better than Evra?

I think he's being shopped around by his agent at the moment so the links are all over the place. He's okay, doesn't really fit Juve IMO, you have Lichsteiner for his position.

inky

Apparently, it's that time of the year again when they let a few new members come in. Basically, stay the fuck out of Gaming Thread so you don't lose your hope for humanity.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142625605&postcount=601

If you read their exchange he is actually accusing the other poster of thinking that, because those are some reasons he is giving as "devil's advocate". It's just clumsily written.

And LOL, I just noticed that a guy basically bumped that weeks old thread to answer a post where I was mocking him. First post since he came back from his ban too. He probably spent all his ban time stewing over my post and thinking of a comeback. I feel like I've accomplished something here.

Absolutely Sensational.

Salazar

German lass at the barbers just now regarded my haircut instructions as a trivial opening of negotiations.

Never actually had someone cutting my hair who demonstratively went "yeah, lol, or maybe I will do what I think is right".

valeo

German lass at the barbers just now regarded my haircut instructions as a trivial opening of negotiations.

Never actually had someone cutting my hair who demonstratively went "yeah, lol, or maybe I will do what I think is right".

I went to a Korean fellow who was the same. When I told him it looked shite he got mad and walked off, slammed the door and all. I may have increased Australian-Korean tensions.

p.s. far too much Coldplay talk. This thread should be shut down for a week as punishment.

If you read their exchange he is actually accusing the other poster of thinking that, because those are some reasons he is giving as "devil's advocate". It's just clumsily written.

And LOL, I just noticed that a guy basically bumped that weeks old thread to answer a post where I was mocking him. First post since he came back from his ban too. He probably spent all his ban time stewing over my post and thinking of a comeback. I feel like I've accomplished something here.

Absolutely Sensational.
Ah whew.

The whole thread is a cesspit of horror tho.

I went to a Korean fellow who was the same. When I told him it looked shite he got mad and walked off, slammed the door and all. I may have increased Australian-Korean tensions.

p.s. far too much Coldplay talk. This thread should be shut down for a week as punishment.

Korean guys really don't mind showing how pissed they are in public.

I had this one guy who tried to sell me this one souvenir, but when I told him I'm just looking around for a bit before making any decisions he got pissy and shooed me out of his store.

Salazar

Korean guys really don't mind showing how pissed they are in public.

I had this one guy who tried to sell me this one souvenir, but when I told him I'm just looking around for a bit before making any decisions he got pissy and shooed me out of his store.

One of the world's great languages for talkin mad without raising your voice. Grumble grumble.

I usually end up swearing in Korean at taxi drivers. Fucking cunts.

I need a haircut today so have the Norse god Ramsey picture ready. I don't like how Ramsey has gone back to puny mortal Ramsey haircut since the season started.

But what a goal that was yesterday.

Slizz

Have to listen to the United game on the radio Sunday, its a TalkSport stream and is so hard to follow. The color commentator almost always gasps or yelps at goal scoring opportunities making it hard to hear play by play

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
finishing 2nd with a draw at home. Christopher Nolan FC

tumblr_nes78maXJc1r7wtvvo1_500.gif

but I'm sure we're happy with the extra cash that we're gonna waste on Rômulo Souza Orestes Caldeira

I fucking HATE IT when they do that. There's nothing worse than being stuck with a bad haircut for two weeks

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
worth it's own post

Matri is taking his Genoa by the scruff of the neck to a 3rd place finish.

AC Milan's Allegri..

FootyGAF's elsk..

john-locke-i-was-wrong-o.gif

There is this one co worker of mine who always makes small talk with me when he comes in to do photocopying. He will ask me some random question and then not followed it up for a good minute. Then he will start talking to me some more.

I have never started a conversation with him and his voice puts me to sleep. I want to die whenever I see him open the door. I can't stand small talk. I think I might just walk out everytime he comes in now.

He reminds me of that boring priest in Father Ted.

Blablurn

I saw this on Twitter

Kind of think football was more enjoyable a few years ago when clubs like Real, Bayern, etc were strong but good for the occasional laugh

Kinda agree. Madrid is way too strong these days. Winning every game 4:0 is kinda ridiculous.

Zabojnik

I saw this on Twitter

Kinda agree. Madrid is way too strong these days. Winning every game 4:0 is kinda ridiculous.

The rich get richer, the poor stay poor. Mirrors society perfectly, innit. Which is why a 'fuck Bayern' now and then is actually a healthy thing to say. A stress reliever, if you will. Bayern-GAF shouldn't feel offended.

Having said that, please continue to support Juve.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, I want you to start believing in the Allegrissance RIGHT NOW.
I want to, but it's very hard to believe in anything with our shit defense. SURE, we're STATISTICALLY SOHOIS SPEAKING the 2nd best defense in Europe (10 clean sheets, one behind Bayern?) but I just don't feel comfortable when we're under pressure/on the defensive phase, any team with good attackers can tear us and stretch us apart easily. And we can't even score lately, so what are we good at really? Grinding results and steamrolling minnows? edit: yet we still lost to Genoa and dropped points to Berardi FC
There is this one co worker of mine who always makes small talk with me when he comes in to do photocopying. He will ask me some random question and then not followed it up for a good minute. Then he will start talking to me some more.

I have never started a conversation with him and his voice puts me to sleep. I want to die whenever I see him open the door. I can't stand small talk. I think I might just walk out everytime he comes in now.

He reminds me of that boring priest in Father Ted.
people like him brighten up my day. There's a Bayern fan a few offices away from me who always comes over to say hi and to congratulate me on our results.

KidJr

Last night showed why I love Podolski, when given a chance he is a beast. It should really be Podolski - Giroud or Welbeck - Sanchez the rest of the way.

But knowing that stupid cunt manager, Podolski will not play for another three weeks and then it will be a 10 minute substitution appearance. Followed by Wedward calling him shit

I hear you but he offers NOTHING in terms of general play, cant pass, doesnt run, isnt strong, cant really beat a man. Dont get me wrong, his left foot is lethal however with people like the Ox in pretty decent form, Theo to come back I dont think he gets into the team. Especially not a full strength first 11 (still not even quite sure what that is atm tbh)

Blablurn

The rich get richer, the poor stay poor. Mirrors society perfectly, innit. Which is why a 'fuck Bayern' now and then is actually a healthy thing to say. A stress reliever, if you will. Bayern-GAF shouldn't feel offended.

Having said that, please continue to support Juve.

I dont mind the Fuck Bayern stuff but I think people should recognize that we dont rely on sheiks, questionable land deals or american owners. Bayern is up there because of some good management.

El Topo

I dont mind the Fuck Bayern stuff but I think people should recognize that we dont rely on sheiks, questionable land deals or american owners. Bayern is up there because of some good management.

True, but it's still an enormous inequality that - I must admit that - has become annoying. I'm also disappointed that our own talents can't seem to find their way into the team anymore.

Blablurn

True, but it's still an enormous inequality that - I must admit that - has become annoying. I'm also disappointed that our own talents can't seem to find their way into the team anymore.

It definitely looks like it.

Not matter what happens in the future, we'll be fucked.

If we keep winning everything we'll be fucked because the Bundesliga is getting more and more boring.

But if we stop winning every game and start losing, we'll fucked up because we came from a position where this shouldnt be possible anymore (for example pulling a Dortmund 2014).

So no idea. Our bread and butter is the Bundesliga. Let's see how we will develop in the next years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom