• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

I dont mind the Fuck Bayern stuff but I think people should recognize that we dont rely on sheiks, questionable land deals or american owners. Bayern is up there because of some good management.

And certainly because of the location.
That's one major factor that made partly helped the club, compared to other clubs with a rather poor city for example.

Apart from that, it was purely good managment.

Blablurn

And certainly because of the location.
That's one major factor that made partly helped the club, compared to other clubs with a rather poor city for example.

Apart from that, it was purely good managment.

Location is definitely a big help.

This is definitely the reason why the current situations of Hamburg, Berlin and Frankfurt is so shocking. There is so much potential. Yet they fuck up.

On the other hand you have to praise Dortmund. Much smaller than the other cities. They they won a lot of stuff in the last 20 years.

Fucking Hamburg haha. I cannot stop laughing.

KidJr

Adeboyore returning home for personal reasons and Tottenham wont say why?

I wonder whats up, I dont think its a bereavement as they usually mention those things right?

Pennywise

Location is definitely a big help.

This is definitely the reason why the current situations of Hamburg, Berlin and Frankfurt is so shocking. There is so much potential. Yet they fuck up.

On the other hand you have to praise Dortmund. Much smaller than the other cities. They they won a lot of stuff in the last 20 years.

Fucking Hamburg haha. I cannot stop laughing.

Well it's up to the club to handle the situation accordingly, of course the bigger cities have a bigger advantage, but some clubs made some terrible decisions.
Bremen and their stadium expansion was hilarious, I mean they've got their fans and all, but unless they're a constant force in Europe, they won't attract bigger masses at all.

Berlin is just too greedy, it's kinda similar to cologne.
Everytime they win 2-3 games they're talking about the CL or EL.
They really need to stabalise themsleves first, but cologne seems to have a better managment now.

That's why it's really disgusting if you look at plastic clubs like Hoffenheim.
Fuck them.

A fan culture needs to be born, fuck that english model.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Adeboyore returning home for personal reasons and Tottenham wont say why?

I wonder whats up, I dont think its a bereavement as they usually mention those things right?

He is having some family dispute, he thinks his mother is doing 'juju' and putting curses on him.

Really his great form last season was the only reason we finished 6th, without him playing well our squad is exposed as completely mediocre. For the last 2 years we have been carried by Bale and Ade respectively.

I think the silver liining from Liverpool being knocked out of the CL is that it must've been pretty amazing for Lambert to play some CL football for his boyhood club. Now he gets to play in the EL too. Great year for him.

Ushojax

I think the silver liining from Liverpool being knocked out of the CL is that it must've been pretty amazing for Lambert to play some CL football for his boyhood club. Now he gets to play in the EL too. Great year for him.

I'm sure he dreamed of being hooked at half-time in a home match against a Swiss team.

people like him brighten up my day. There's a Bayern fan a few offices away from me who always comes over to say hi and to congratulate me on our results.

I wouldn't mind that, but is just such mundane shit. he once asked me "have you worked in any other schools" I said yes and then he didn't saying anything for over a minute, before I asked him why and he said" I wanted to know about the heating at other places"

I hear you but he offers NOTHING in terms of general play, cant pass, doesnt run, isnt strong, cant really beat a man. Dont get me wrong, his left foot is lethal however with people like the Ox in pretty decent form, Theo to come back I dont think he gets into the team. Especially not a full strength first 11 (still not even quite sure what that is atm tbh)

Cazorla and Podolski linked up beautifully at the start of their first season. He offers a lot more than people want to admit when he is playing regularly with confidence. He even tracked back to cause the turnover to start the Ramsey goal.

It’s amazing how quickly things change in football.

Just four months ago there were people saying that Rodgers was the best young manager in football and Sterling the best young player.

They can turn around again just as quickly, though. Aaron Ramsey is the perfect example. REMUNTADA.

Salazar

I did like the way that the commentator explained Rooney smacking a corner skyward as "a bobble".

The ball was fucking STILL. IMMOBILE.

KidJr

I wouldn't mind that, but is just such mundane shit. he once asked me "have you worked in any other schools" I said yes and then he didn't saying anything for over a minute, before I asked him why and he said" I wanted to know about the heating at other places"

Cazorla and Podolski linked up beautifully at the start of their first season. He offers a lot more than people want to admit when he is playing regularly with confidence. He even tracked back to cause the turnover to start the Ramsey goal.

Against bigger teams though his useless bar that left foot, a good squad player, def wouldnt have him lead the line.

Started from the bottom and now we're here. (or whatever it was that angered Hitcher)

Many things are angering me at the moment :(

Sienna Grace.

Damn you, Caboodle

Think I've reached breaking point with Lambert. Get rid of all 3 of them in January if we can find replacements. Borini at least tries to help the team even when he struggles to get scoring chances. Lambert and Balotelli are just non-entities most of the time.

Don't offer anything over the top. Don't offer anything in behind. Don't hold the ball up well. Don't bring teammates into play. Don't show any movement in the box. Don't drag defenders around. Don't even try and fight for 50/50s.

Salazar

Viva said:
It did bobble. The pitch popped up.

Nah, the ground actually raised. It was really weird, like a fucking mole was under there or something.

wxKVwN0.gif

GorillaJu

It’s amazing how quickly things change in football.

Just four months ago there were people saying that Rodgers was the best young manager in football and Sterling the best young player.

They can turn around again just as quickly, though. Aaron Ramsey is the perfect example. REMUNTADA.

This is why I can't stand when people try to say a given player or manager is the best or one of the best. It's a form-driven space. It's one thing to say Buffon is one of the best keepers in the world or Busquets one of the best midfielders. It's another to say Rodgers is one of the best managers - I personally would never have said that, though I think some elements of his ability are at an extremely high level, you just sound like a fool overrating someone based on a good streak.

I will say that if Rodgers wasn't a good manager, Liverpool wouldn't have gotten 2nd last year. We had Suarez for a year and a half under Kenny and he never showed the kind of consistency that he had until Rodgers worked out a system that suits him. He was the best manager in the PL last year.

But anyone who is saying he's the best young manager or any such nonsense is out of ideas or just not thinking long enough :p That Augsburg manager looks like the real tits though.

Carbonox

The Flash is by far the best superhero show on right now. Arrow's current season is a colossal piece of shit compared to it. SHIELD exploded in quality too. I shiver at the thought of continuing Gotham further than I did. What a pile of wank that is too.

What a time.

El Topo

The Flash is by far the best superhero show on right now. Arrow's current season is a colossal piece of shit compared to it. SHIELD exploded in quality too. I shiver at the thought of continuing Gotham further than I did. What a pile of wank that is too.

What a time.

I honestly don't get the love for Arrow. I think I'm about eight episodes in and it's ...somewhat okay?

Carbonox

I honestly don't get the love for Arrow. I think I'm about eight episodes in and it's ...somewhat okay?

First season was better than I expected (I literally went in with zero expectation and knowledge other than people in here preaching about it). Second is much better with better characters and plotlines. Third goes down the shitter something fierce.

Ushojax

I keep reading these stories about Bale leaving Real, if he goes to Chelsea I'm going to slit my wrists. Joining United I could just about tolerate but please not Chelsea.

Phlebas

Banned
First season was better than I expected (I literally went in with zero expectation and knowledge other than people in here preaching about it). Second is much better with better characters and plotlines. Third goes down the shitter something fierce.

I stopped after the first Season, is Flash worth it right now to pick up? Need a new show.
I keep reading these stories about Bale leaving Real, if he goes to Chelsea I'm going to slit my wrists. Joining United I could just about tolerate but please not Chelsea.

No way he's going, would be really stupid but you never know.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

What a time.

Only part of the The Flash I've seen is where they have a quiz team named "E=mc Hammer". E = mc Hammer is a great team name so the show's probably good.

Can't believe it's December and we're talking about sacking Brenton. He should get until the end of the year. Think Liverpool will be shooting themselves in the foot otherwise.

GorillaJu

Can't believe it's December and we're talking about sacking Brenton. He should get until the end of the year. Think Liverpool will be shooting themselves in the foot otherwise.

We're talking about it, but we don't make decisions. No idea if the owners are talking about it, surely the idea has been tabled, but I think they'll see a mid-season sacking as more disruptive than helpful.

If he turns the season around he should have another year. If not, onward and upward.

pulga

Banned
I dont mind the Fuck Bayern stuff but I think people should recognize that we dont rely on sheiks, questionable land deals or american owners. Bayern is up there because of some good management.

"Questionable land deals"

"American owners"

you literally have criminal management and shady backdoor dealings by Adidas. Far worse. Without mentioning your monopolizing cycle where you strip great teams from their full potential.

Despicable club.

I don't think he is going to get sacked unless Liverpool don't improve all season long.

He is obviously an able coach. Things haven't started well this year but there are plenty of reasons for that. Sacking him would mean starting again, almost.

"Questionable land deals"

"American owners"

you literally have criminal management and shady backdoor dealings by Adidas. Far worse. Without mentioning your monopolizing cycle where you strip great teams from their full potential.

Despicable club.

As a Juve supporter, you must be quite an expert on criminal management and shady deals. So I trust this post.

Fuck Bayern and Juve.

RiggyRob

We're talking about it, but we don't make decisions. No idea if the owners are talking about it, surely the idea has been tabled, but I think they'll see a mid-season sacking as more disruptive than helpful.

If he turns the season around he should have another year. If not, onward and upward.

If he doesn't turn it around, who's the ideal replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom