• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT11| This Is Our Year!

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
dammit i just realized the last tv show i watched was orange is the new black

I imagine it was wonderful to watch from all but a United fan's perspective. If I weren't a United fan I would have loved it.

Dear God it was fucking awful. It was like seeing someone setting fire to your prize possessions whilst you're tied to a chair.

Honestly, for those 3 between February and May, it felt like what I imagin it felt like to be a Man Utd fan under Ferguson.

In a title challenge, everything going smoothly, team were a joy to watch, and our main rivals were embarassing themselves. The shoe was on the other foot for a brief, joyous period. Then Gerrard took his eye off the ball, fell over, and its been pretty much all downhill from there, and the shoe has been returned with a fucking bow on it.

That's why I really don't understand why we seem to be happy to do very little in the transfer window. That has to be bullshit, up front and with keepers at least. We've proved over the last 7 months that we crumble when the going gets tough, so lets bring in some players who are less likely to contribute to that situation occurring again this season.

I have to say there was very little music/games/TV/movies that impressed me this year.

Apart from True Detective, which was a fucking revelation.

My best TV shows remain The Wire, Generation Kill and True Detective.

Elchele

True Detective was amazing in every possible way

Right well not so much a top 5 as an analysis of your posting and the degree to which it doesn't annoy me. If I've missed you out don't take it as an insult and post better next year rather than complaining (seriously though my fingers now hurt).

Elsk - Hojberg isn't going to be a thing m8. Stop trying to make it a thing.

:lol pls

Honestly, for those 3 between February and May, it felt like what I imagin it felt like to be a Man Utd fan under Ferguson.

In a title challenge, everything going smoothly, team were a joy to watch, and our main rivals were embarassing themselves. The shoe was on the other foot for a brief, joyous period. Then Gerrard took his eye off the ball, fell over, and its been pretty much all downhill from there, and the shoe has been returned with a fucking bow on it.

That's why I really don't understand why we seem to be happy to do very little in the transfer window. That has to be bullshit, up front and with keepers at least. We've proved over the last 7 months that we crumble when the going gets tough, so lets bring in some players who are less likely to contribute to that situation occurring again this season.

This is the thing, when you're on the up you have to capitalise. Trouble is, you played your 'keep Suarez' card the season before and your ace in the hole was spent come this season. There's just no replacing that quality on the cheap. Your season was doomed from the get go.

This is the thing, when you're on the up you have to capitalise. Trouble is, you played your 'keep Suarez' card the season before and your ace in the hole was spent come this season. There's just no replacing that quality on the cheap. Your season was doomed from the get go.

we put all the good eggs in the Sanchez basket

The second it became clear that he wasn't particularly keen on joining us, we should have been trying to set up moves for Griezmann or someone. Maybe we were and it just never came to the media's attention. Either way, once Sanchez was gone, our shopping in the top window was basically over

liked it a lot
instant classic

most WWII films show Nazi Germany has something gigantic, but never show how the downfall happened and how much doubt was inside of the "government"

great film

Watch The Longest Day. It is my favourite wwii film and shows the doubt of the german army.

wedward

Mad Men is the greatest show on television right now.

Sopranos is the best show of all time.

The Wire is between Sopranos and Mad Men.

Ive seen Mad Men, love it. Not seen The Wire or The Sopranos, I recently watched the first episode of The Shield as well.

Got some stuff I need to catch up really but, not seen The West Wing either (seen the first episode...)

Maybe instead of completing so many games next year I'll watch more TV.

Arnie

Almost, mate. Almost golden.

I think Mad Men is better than The Wire. I really do.

Sterling effort, anyway.

Also, people really do forget that it was Brendan Rodgers that got us to where we were last season. And he'll do it again. He's one of the best managers I've ever seen. He's changing us again as we speak. Our 3-4-3 is gorgeous.

wedward

It's hard to compare the wire to mad men or sopranos. I think sopranos and mad men are comparable. Wire is sort of it's own thing.

If you like mad men you must watch sopranos.

Don't sack brendan. Would incredibly dumb.

Zabojnik

HAPPY 2015 FOOTY-GAF!

This is it, this is the year we lift the CL!

I'm kinda glad I missed the top 5 lists extravaganza, too many top movies / games / albums to pick just a few.

I just finished RDR, can't say I see what all the fuss was about. I found it quite a boring game and the game created lots of wonderful mini games and stuff, but there was no incentive to actually use them.

Now to push on with Resident Evil 4. I just finished Chapter 4-1 so hopefully can finish the game with a push today. Gosh these tank controls are killing me again, had to fight some big bad and he was horrendous trying to move around in a tiny room.

Pennywise

Good shit, man, good shit.

I can't believe how much I'm loving South Park: TSOT. I'll finish it in 2015, but it's definitely one of my favourite 2014 games. The Al Gore manpigbear quest is sensational. Have my babies, Obsidian.

It was sensational.
You could really see that Matt Stone and Trey Parker wrote it and put alot of work into it, really hope they're doing a new game sometime.

Zabojnik

It was sensational.
You could really see that Matt Stone and Trey Parker wrote it and put alot of work into it, really hope they're doing a new game sometime.

My only complaint so far (I'm a LVL9 Jew at the moment) is the difficulty. Not sure if there's a very hard mode to be unlocked, but the game could've used it from the start. Hard isn't exactly cutting it. Although I suppose they went far enough by making it an actual fucking rpg, South Park being such mainstream entertainment these days and all that, and I should be thankful.

Pennywise

Pls give us Hummels.
No.
I tried to offer you a different solution, which was also pretty decent.
Your main target should be a proper rightback first and foremost.

My only complaint so far (I'm a LVL9 Jew at the moment) is the difficulty. Not sure if there's a very hard mode to be unlocked, but the game could've used it from the start. Hard isn't exactly cutting it. Although I suppose they went far enough by making it an actual fucking rpg, South Park being such mainstream entertainment these days and all that, and I should be thankful.
Yeah there are some flaws, like repetition or the difficulty.
Considering all the problems the game went through with different publishers, the result is even more astounding.
I bet that the game would be a game of the generation candidate, if Trey Parker and Matt stone knew how to develop games.

That's ok but naw.

Really curious if the director from True Detective can pull off IT from Stephen King.
And I really hope 2015 will deliever some great series...hopefully that superhero nonsense will finally stop...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Happy new year again guys wooooo

2014 was shaping up to be one of my best years but it kinda nosedived in the last couple of months :lol

@Labouered
Of course we are. And shorty's blondie friend is invited too *_* #orgy

And the last film I watched in 2014:
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Watched it 10 years ago and hated it

I still don't like it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It is not to everyone's taste, but I love it. One of the most rewatchable of his films for me.
Oh! Then I'd love to hear your thoughts about it! I genuinely TRIED to love it but I just couldn't. There was something missing but I can't quite put my finger on it

It's the first Wes Anderson movie that left me with nothing after the ending credits

Oh! Then I'd love to hear your thoughts about it! I genuinely TRIED to love it but I just couldn't. There was something missing but I can't quite put my finger on it

It's the first Wes Anderson movie that left me with nothing after the ending credits

I just enjoy how surreal the movie is and I like the score. I absolutely love it when they storm the pirates hotel. It also feels like a good modern take on Moby Dick

I know it is not up there with Rushmore as Anderson's best, but it is just a nice, fun, and easy watch.

Rikkun

Happy new Year footygaf

Played Twister drunk and had a red thong attached to my dick for a good 15 minutes
No sex
Slept 2 hours
Car not starting, had to pay a taxi
Now working at full steam, people got nothing to do while they should just die alone

When is 2016 pls

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Happy New Year everyone.

Apparently Chelsea have only won 1 of the last 8 league matches at WHL. Perhaps we can get something today.

Top Bottom