• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

nampad

HSV at the top of the Bundesliga!
6 of the needed 40 points to not be relegated after 2 games already sounds to good to be true.

Crazy game though with the referee getting injured without any contact.

Van Dronghelen played well again even though he had some mistakes, which are to be expected for his age. Also nice to see that the players who could not use their potential last season like Ekdal and Wallace performing today.
Heck, even Holtby scored.

I just realized that I haven't purchased a Manchester United jersey since they've made the switch from Nike to Adidas... I guess I'm just not feeling the new designs. I'll probably have to bite the bullet this year.

Syder

I need to teach you Patwah fam
n3RZCFS.gif

Syder

LiverpoolGAF, my FPL defenders are Yoshida, Suttner, Mee, Alexander-Arnold and Dummett. As I'm going 3 at the back and Suttner and Yoshida are nailed on, do I play Mee, while Burnley might get completely shafted by Spurs, or risk TA-A, who could be replaced by Joe Gomez again?

LiverpoolGAF, my FPL defenders are Yoshida, Suttner, Mee, Alexander-Arnold and Dummett. As I'm going 3 at the back and Suttner and Yoshida are nailed on, do I play Mee, while Burnley might get completely shafted by Spurs, or risk TA-A, who could be replaced by Joe Gomez again?

TAA getting minutes is not nailed on, but for a team like Arsenal and with the break coming up Klopp might play him. Follow your heart.

Syder

TAA getting minutes is not nailed on, but for a team like Arsenal and with the break coming up Klopp might play him. Follow your heart.
I just got a feeling Harry is about to explode after all the edging he's been doing the last 2 weeks, and Burnely are going to feel the hurri-Kane.

Syder

Fuck it I'm captaining Kane after this, you pick TAA in solidarity.
Currently debating between sticking with Lukaku (Leicester @ Home) or putting some faith in Harry (Burnley @ Home). I think Harry is leading for goal attempts right now and has hit the post twice already. Also, he's a player that never looks bother by goal droughts and never stops trying. It's only a matter of time...

[MOUTH-BREATHING INTENSIFIES]
wtfm8nwry2.png

Currently debating between sticking with Lukaku (Leicester @ Home) or putting some faith in Harry (Burnley @ Home). I think Harry is leading for goal attempts right now and has hit the post twice already. Also, he's a player that never looks bother by goal droughts and never stops trying. It's only a matter of time...

[MOUTH-BREATHING INTENSIFIES]
wtfm8nwry2.png

I mean against the Arse Mané was tempting but I think we're gonna fuck up that game tbh.

Syder

I mean against the Arse Mané was tempting but I think we're gonna fuck up that game tbh.
According to the Liverpool Echo
Trent Alexander-Arnold could sit out Liverpool's Premier League clash with Arsenal at Anfield on Sunday.
The 18-year-old full-back, who received a maiden call-up to the England Under-21s squad yesterday, was forced off with a dead leg during the second half of the Reds' Champions League play-off victory over Hoffenheim in midweek.
Liverpool are waiting to see how Alexander-Arnold responds to treatment before making a decision on his participation against Arsene Wenger's side.
Joe Gomez, who came off the bench against the Bundesliga outfit, is in contention to start at right-back against the Gunners after impressing in last weekend's win over Crystal Palace.
Also, Emre Can is a slight doubt.

Dadasch

I'm reading about Sancho as a replacement for Dembele. I've seen maybe one match in the U17 European Championship and liked him a lot actually.

Is he for sale?

Arsenal trying to sell Mustafi to Inter according to Di Marzio. Umm do they need cbs?

I fucking hate this club

Lol for real. I'm not sure what Arsenal is doing with the transfer market now.
Arsenal

IN
Alexandre Lacazette (£52m, Lyon)
Sead Kolasinac (free, Schalke 04)

OUT
Cohen Bramall (loan, Birmingham City)
Carl Jenkinson (loan, Birmingham City)
Gabriel Paulista (€11m, Valencia)
Emiliano Martínez (loan, Getafe)
Yaya Sanogo (free, Toulouse)
Wojciech Szczesny (£10.3m, Juventus)
Stefan O'Connor (free, Newcastle United)
Chris Willock (free, Benfica)
Takuma Asano (loan, VfB Stuttgart)
Even when compared to smaller clubs like Leicester..
Leicester City

IN
George Thomas (undisclosed fee, Coventry City)
Kelechi Iheanacho (£25m, Manchester City)
Eldin Jakupovic (£2.5m, Hull City)
Vicente Iborra (£12m, Sevilla)
Harry Maguire (£17m, Hull City)

OUT
Tom Lawrence (£5m, Derby County)
Callum Elder (loan, Wigan Athletic)
Bartosz Kapustka (loan, Freiburg)
Ron-Robert Zieler (£3.4m, VfB Stuttgart)

GHG

Gold Member
Lol for real. I'm not sure what Arsenal is doing with the transfer market now.

Even when compared to smaller clubs like Leicester..

We are a disgrace.

Wenger gets worse year after year.

I'm pretty sure he's just toying with us fans now, laughing at how helpless we must all feel while he gets a hand me down from the board for making a profit every season in the transfer market.

Dark times ahead.

TimmmV

https://twitter.com/Dembouz/status/901106602299858949

Suddenly he tweets again?
giphy.gif

btw...wtf are the Barca fans doing there? It seems like they nicknaming him "Negrito". WTF is wrong with these people?

Spain is... behind with polticial correctness and race. In spain calling a black person "negrito" isnt considered racist.

My gf is from Spain and genuinely isn't racist whatsoever, but I've still had to have words with her about stuff her or her family have said here because in Spain its not considered offensive at all - the weird thing is that a lot of people in Spain still cant seem to grasp why something like blackface is considered wrong in the UK.

Saying that, its twitter. So they could all just actually be deliberately racist too...

The Pool shirt is so nice this year I might treat myself to the CL version. Lotta money though...

Same, but I decided to boycott New Balance after their CEO supported Trump so much. Sucks because its a really nice shirt this year :(

Dont go for TAA, unless he starts taking pens or something lol, we dont keep enough clean sheets for it to be worth it

Syder

Dont go for TAA, unless he starts taking pens or something lol, we dont keep enough clean sheets for it to be worth it
He's a fullback playing for a top side and only costs £4.5m; TA-A is just a differential pick until Clyne comes back or I wildcard my entire team. He won't be a permanent fixture in my team all season, unless, y'know, Clyne gets injured again.

Syder

Where's he going? I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Divock dragged me over the line on my multiplayer FM session. He'll always have a special place in my heart for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom