• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulsemyne

Terrible reffing. 5 minutes maybe the minimum but where the extra two minutes came from is another matter. Nothing happened during those 5 minutes to add the extra two on.
Got to feel for Bournemouth.

Audioboxer

That was a farce. Don't think Fergie ever got that much time.

mUsxUjq.jpg

There is no statistical proof that Fergie time applies specifically to Man Utd. But the statistics do show a bias towards big teams.

Perhaps we should call it "Mancini time" or "Wenger time"? Or even "Benitez time" (or insert name of whoever is managing Chelsea at time of reading)?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20464371

Yeah, the BBC wrote a couple hundred words about it... lol.

Pep time does exist though, as Pep is the fucking King. Long live the King.

Bournemouth can complain all they want, if King passes or goes to the corner instead of that ridiculous shot, the winner doesn't happen.

Low/middle team mentality in the EPL. Always bottle it or shut off. Although, that applies to Arsenal and Liverpool's defence too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

MikeBison

5 minutes came out of thin fucking air anyway. Premier league surely tell the refs to add more time on as each year passes. They want the drama.

First half had arguably more stoppages and had 2 minutes of stoppage time.

Somehow second half gets 5?

That goes onto 101 minutes?

Mike Dean just always wants to make the game about him. Farsical decision to give City a free kick from a great Bournemouth tackle that puts them through on goal.

Terrible reffing. 5 minutes maybe the minimum but where the extra two minutes came from is another matter. Nothing happened during those 5 minutes to add the extra two on.
Got to feel for Bournemouth.

Afobe got injured at around +4 and then got subbed off, which took up at least a minute.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Afobe alone made for at least 2 minutes on top of those 5. Then add 2 subs and a bit of crowd troubles and how long it took to restart after Sterling's goal and it all adds up.

The stoppage time wasn't all that over the top. The freekick leading to the goal was bullshit though.

and while it seems dumb, sadly giving that second yellow to Sterling is just following the laws of the game. They are fucking idiotic though, hate it.

Zasa

God damn it PL for starting games so early for US est :( Sounds like I missed quite the game

Up in time for Bayern at least

MikeBison

Afobe alone made for at least 2 minutes on top of those 5. Then add 2 subs and a bit of crowd troubles and how long it took to restart after Sterling's goal and it all adds up.

Where did the 5 minutes come from in a game with barely any stoppages? I wanna see the receipts.

I hate Dean but the stoppage time was spot on sadly

Sort of. You regularly see worse time wasting and games ending earlier its only really because Pep was kicking up such a fuss that it actually got played.

Dean was all over the place regardless of that. Missed clear fouls, gave soft cards, gave freekicks for nothing, both Kompany and Ake should have been off.

City were also all over the place. Really poor display. The start of the game they couldn't even get the basics right, then they played great up to the second half. Then were bloody average at best the entire second half.

City won, fuck the haters. I love how most of you are forgetting that Ake should have gotten a red in the first half for that foul on Jesus who was gonna be on his own against the goalie.

MikeBison

City won, fuck the haters. I love how most of you are forgetting that Ake should have gotten a red in the first half for that foul on Jesus who was gonna be on his own against the goalie.

Most have been one of the best away performances City fans have seen in the 5 years they've been supporting them.

I'm expecting Audioboxer to cry tears of joy when Mou's money boys are dismantled by the pure and holy tactics of Pep at the derby. All our sins will wash away in that moment.

Audioboxer

I'm expecting Audioboxer to cry tears of joy when Mou's money boys are dismantled by the pure and holy tactics of Pep at the derby. All our sins will wash away in that moment.

Mourinho is the master of 0-0 or 1-1 draws against the big boys. Fear not, praying at the altar of the "Park the bus God" is a way of life for Man Utd fans now.

To be honest even Sir Alex had a poor to average record against the big teams. Quite honestly Man Utd have long been a bunch of frauds against any real challenge, winning cups largely by relying on decimating smaller teams. I still get genuinely fearful any time we play City/Chelsea and yeah, even Arsenal/Liverpool too. The games are supposed to be tough, but the last few years have been dire against the top 4/6 teams.

Teams don't fear Old Trafford anymore, they come to pickup points.

Labadal

City will win the league. When things go your way in that manner, it basically screams "title winners". Not fair and square, though. Score in the 96th and that was never a free kick. Had the ref let the play go on, Bournemouth were 2 v 1 and could have scored. Another year with poor refereeing upcoming.

Moobabe

3 substitutions and a hell lot of fouls with subsequent cards and small little breaks. You let the hate blind you, really.

This is all well and good - if it were applied in every single game.

We all know that it isn't - you need only sit with a stopwatch and time the actual stoppages to know that.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This is all well and good - if it were applied in every single game.

We all know that it isn't - you need only sit with a stopwatch and time the actual stoppages to know that.

I agree that it's not consistent, but I would rather criticise the referees who don't apply it rather than the ones who do.

Audioboxer

HlF0XXU.png

Move over Man Utd, the right side of Manchester is in town.

Time for Mourinho to show Old Trafford is a joke stadium these days and lose to Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom