• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
So annoying that we had to sell Sakho. The part of our squad that needs upgrading the most and we let him go. Better be bringing a CB in.

Moving Gomez to centre back will be like a new signing.

I kinda love that we seem to be absolute cunts to deal with nowadays. Wasn't too long ago that we'd just bend over once a alright bid came in. Seems you either pay what we say or can fuck off now.

CP spent all last summer haggling for Benteke, and Liverpool never once budged on price. After their poor start they were forced to pay up for him. It will be the same this time.

Pachimari

emre mor to Celta... wowwwwwwwwww what a steal.

yeeeee

tenor.gif
How much did they pay?

I'm gonna have to keep an eye on him at Celta.

Cappa

Banned
How much did they pay?

I'm gonna have to keep an eye on him at Celta.
13 million which in today's market is fine and when they eventually sell him they can easily command double that. Celtas coaching staff is top notch(even if they are off to a very rough start this season)

I mean Dortmund paid 9.5 million after one good season in Denmark. It's celtas second most expensive signing of all time.

sakhomanqgsse.gif

I'll remember him for the good times. Honestly just glad we'll be getting over the situation, people crying how Sakho would have solved everything for us got boring.

There was a tweet yesterday from them saying "Phone lines in our office are buzzing with all this news!" and everyone replied with "You mean in your bedroom m8?" I got way too much enjoyment from that.

Apparently he's just some guy who works in KFC. The day the official account roasted him was glorious.

The whole Coutinho thing has been a whirlwind of how to feel about it... If he does go, well, the cash being splashed right now is a charm offensive from the owners that has worked on me. Plus our last few games have shown there is life after Phil, especially with getting a new midfielder in.

Let him leave before nailing down a replacement and there'll be hell of a backlash though.

T-Rex.

Banned
€160m for Coutinho according to people on Twitter.

I still would rather have kept him, sets a shit precedent when you continuously allow your best players to leave.

Lunar FC

I'm excited about the Keita acquisition and the pursuit of Lemar, building squad depth in the midfield is going to be important this season. But it's still just shocking to me how much we have avoided addressing our actual needs. Can't even begin to understand.

Empty

I'm excited about the Keita acquisition and the pursuit of Lemar, building squad depth in the midfield is going to be important this season. But it's still just shocking to me how much we have avoided addressing our actual needs. Can't even begin to understand.

sunday's game symbolizes the passing of the torch. liverpool are now the arsenal of about a decade ago -

- gorgeous free-flowing attacking football
- love to go one touch on the counter
- always vulnerable defensively
- especially weak at setpieces
- dodgy goalies. all of them.
- randomly get beaten by allardyce and pulis-esque sides
- never fix weaknesses, just sign better skillful fast players
- often lose best player (suarez, coutinho)

MikeBison

I'm fine with Coutinho going as long as someone in the team spends their days in training practising belting one into the top corner from a nothing situation outside of the box. Henderson has done a few but nowhere near enough. Get Lemar on it when he comes. Never score a tap in. Not allowed. Only screamers.

Doc_Drop

As she's also my agent she feels entitled to a 30m signing bonus every year for 5 years too.

I'll be sure to leave days after she's been paid one lol.

Fine, I'll just sell my promising but unproven dong to Barcelona for 200 mill, don't you listen to bids from PSG mind

sammex

I'm fine with Coutinho going as long as someone in the team spends their days in training practising belting one into the top corner from a nothing situation outside of the box. Henderson has done a few but nowhere near enough. Get Lemar on it when he comes. Never score a tap in. Not allowed. Only screamers.

Soon

Floody

€160m (assuming add-ons would be reasonable this time) for Coutinho would be insane. Still super mixed on how I'd feel about him going though.
Be really disappointed if all the recent transfer activity was only due to getting a fuck load from Barca though. Would mean FSG are still unwilling to spend too much.

Will wait for a more reliable source before believing it though. Oliver Bond is very hit or miss (and his only hit seems to be Keita).

Beefy

You love us really.
Right?!

never enough

The Community brings out the worst.

You love it.

To be fair Liverpool fans on here are decent. The other forum I go on all are complete twats.

Mods better start banning some scousers and unban Lashley to rectify this situation.

on the other hand the inevitable meltdown will be so much more enjoyable to watch here

#FreeLashley

azyless

For this price and if we get Lemar or someone similar I'll ship Coutinho off myself tbh. Obviously a fantastic player but I can't see myself ever cheering for him again with this behaviour.

Still baffling we're letting Sakho go and we haven't even signed another central defender. Unless somehow van dijk is coming but I don't really believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom