• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeBison

Worst thing is, still have to deal with a full 24 hours of desperation from Barca and clickbait articles after our window shuts.

Labadal

WTH? Axel Witsel got a red card when Belgium were up 5-0. How does one even think? They are now 6-0.

Liverbros, Ryan Kent on loan to Freiburg.

EDIT: Indeed, McMoneyman!

I already want us to go through, but it would be extra special to knock out one of France/Netherlands. (Netherlands seem to have become the Arsenal of international football.)

Imagine Ross Barkley turning you down... fucking hell.

That lad is a mystery. Conte be like

43d04164312430b0752308b07fdeeecb.jpg

Labadal

Thought we would see more loans from us. I can't imagine Danny Ings sees the field for us much this season.
Can we afford to get rid of him? Firmino/Sturridge/Ings/Solanke

Sturridge is a glass cannon. So is Ings. I don't know how much Solanke will play. I guess both Salah and Mane could play a few games as the center forward if the need arises.

Looking like Wolves aren't going to be bringing a striker in.

For all our ambition in this window, ending it with only one senior striker is fucking lunacy.

thank the heavens, we dodged a bullet.
Zappacosta is enough for me, everyone here will laugh but he was great last season and is exactly the kind of player that thrives under Conte plus his crossing is perfect which we need.
Our depth is pretty poor but we have no-one to blame but ourselves, nobody wants to be a bench player when a world cup is coming up and our first team is pretty solid.

MikeBison

I'd probably turn down chelsea for spurs too.

Who knows who'll be managing there in 12 months time.
Their fans suck.
Poch is a super talented, rising manager.
Still plenty of quality in that side.
Despite the Wembley hoodoo. I'd rather play there than than Stamford bridge.

MikeBison

Yup. Pretty disappointed. However I'm nowhere near as anti-Lovren as other LFC supporters. Feel he gets zero protection from his fullback. Either way, VVD would have improved us immensely. And he's just a great footballer.

Issue comes with if/when we get a defensive injury. Could be in real trouble. Fwiw though, 6 clean sheets in the last 7 premier league games. We never concede against the big teams. We do know how to defend most of the time. Just our mistakes are comical. So praying for improvement and injury luck and then get someone (even if not Virgil) in January. Happy with the rest of the window.

Arguably better than Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea's windows.

Their fans suck.

He will improve his game to put pressure on. That's the max anyone can learn there.

Poch will leave at the end of his contract. Mostly Barcelona.

Empty

Their fans suck.

really?? chelsea's wage structure is loads higher and they've won the title three times in the last eight seasons and two european trophies, whereas spurs won't even support the best manager they'll ever have properly in the transfer market and i suspect he'll leave soon enough.

imo there's a really good chance you'll win major honours if you stay at chelsea for five years, spurs are a crapshoot

i actually really respect the ox for turning them down because he backs himself to succeed in his favoured central midfield and liverpool to do so with him.

Zasa

Gonna suck seeing Sánchez unhappy for a full season, wasting his time playing in the EL in a WC year. In his prime & who knows when those legs will give out.

What a shame seeing our best player relegated to that. Has an amazing goal/assist ratio in the CL as well

Even worse is that he already told the Chile team, his friends, etc that he was joining City. Must be gutted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom