• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a lot of ways we've strengthened a lot. Salah is one of those 'missing piece' players like Mane was. Happy with Ox and other dealings. But gutted to miss out on Virgil. He's a monster. And if not him, at least someone. 3 senior centre backs, 1 of which being about 97 years old + Joe Gomez who hasn't looked the same player since his return from injury. Even Ramsey burned him for pace on Sunday.

Annoyingly close to a fucking GREAT team. Proper CB would take us from top 4 to being in the mix for the title IMO.

Still think we'll do alright in Europe. Side is built for competition football really.

I wonder if we'll ever see Moreno further up the field in some games. With Robbo at LB obviously.

T-Rex.

Banned
O3J4gKv.jpg

Arsenal fans have been getting roasted all day on twitter lmao. Sad times when even Spurs fans are mugging them off.

Does anyone remember that United fan who used to post in the football threads before they were banned for a while?.. he was always coming in after awful United performances under Moyes and blaming it all on bad luck or refereeing decisions. I wonder what happened to him.
Doicare is alive and well. Annoying as ever and now tormenting the unwantables on a different forum.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Swansea have quietly done alright for themselves.

Renato Sanchez and Bony's on his way back.

edit: also selling 32yr old Llorente for £15m.

Does anyone remember that United fan who used to post in the football threads before they were banned for a while?.. he was always coming in after awful United performances under Moyes and blaming it all on bad luck or refereeing decisions. I wonder what happened to him.
Doicare is a legend.

You do wonder why Klopp only had eyes for VVD in terms of a CB. Does he have attributes noone else has or does Klopp rate our current guys that highly?

Oh well, Striker, Winger, Midfielder (?), and Left Back. Decent innings, if they all perform I'll call it a good window. Reckon we'll need one or two incomings in January though.

Labadal

:/

I think we should have enough to win against Bulgaria. Would be so shitty if we fucked it up after that win against France.
It's mostly the Berg/Toivonen combo that I am not thrilled about, despite what they did against France. Not a fan of Granqvist either.

It's mostly the Berg/Toivonen combo that I am not thrilled about, despite what they did against France. Not a fan of Granqvist either.

Toivonen I don't know why he's playing in the national team still. It's a shame Guidetti haven't become as good as we all thought he would.

Madness and incompetence. Selling a 30m rated CB when we are desperate to land another CB to fix our atrocious defence.

I don't what it is he did to deserve to be treated like this, but it would want to have been really fucking bad.

I think Sakho pulled a Ryan Giggs and had sex with his wife. That's the only thing I can think of.

azyless

Going to be interesting how this squad performs next summer. Will they go in as favorites?
Our coaching is so weak. Honestly convinced we got to the Euro final by pure luck and strong individualities. We could do something great with this squad but I have no confidence in Deschamps whatsoever.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Pogba is the same kind of average also in the national team.

Edit: on paper France should win everything in the next 4-6 years with this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom