• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you're privy to the conversations between Arsenal FC and Alexis Sanchez, you don't actually know what they told him, do you? You are going on hearsay.

That's true, nobody knows for sure, but until today, everytime he was asked about this, Alexis was just giving hints about not wanting to be in Arsenal anymore.

Today that changed and he told his team mates at the national team he received the green light from Arsenal to go to Man City.

Why would he be lying about that?

@Matt_Law_DT
Another Ross Barkley update. I'm told he has not fully rejected Chelsea and they hope to reach an agreement that will see him move in Jan.

Well... Injured and all, it's not a huge loss to either way until January or find better then. Whatever.

MrS

Banned
That's true, nobody knows for sure, but until today, everytime he was asked about this, Alexis was just giving hints about not wanting to be in Arsenal anymore.

Today that changed and he told his team mates at the national team he received the green light from Arsenal to go to Man City.

Why would he be lying about that?
We don't know if he did say that to his teammates. Not everything that is reported is true and what basis did he have to say it as Arsenal clearly didn't have anybody lined up to replace him. Like, Lemar wasn't lined up to replace him because they were never really in the running to get him - today's bid was last minute panic behaviour.

NHale

Everton major shareholder just threw Barkley under the bus. Said on Sky that everything was agreed, personal terms were agreed, physical done, but Barkley on last notice said he changed his mind and want to rethink in January.

Don't seem like Everton count with Barkley.

Jerm411

Life now as an Arsenal supporter....

gvHlJfN.gif

....ugh.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
What a boring transfers day turned out to be.

Any fun there originally was about this day was ruined the second Sky tried to turn it into a public holiday.

When one of their moron presenters wished someone a happy transfer deadline day, I cringed so hard that I nearly collapsed in on myself like a neutron star.

Any fun there originally was about this day was ruined the second Sky tried to turn it into a public holiday.

When one of their moron presenters wished someone a happy transfer deadline day, I cringed so hard that I nearly collapsed in on myself like a neutron star.

Between wages for agents, and likely the inflated ad revenue for any and all news outlet reporting on transfers, it is most likely the day in which half of these guys pay for holidays. But I know what you mean, it does cross the line of obscene, especially with the kind of money being thrown around. I don't dislike the Ox deal, but £35m? Arsenal say they have no money and pass a transfer of £92m. Neymar's deal. It is almost a parody of itself at this stage.

pulsemyne

Bony's instagram account shows him signing with Swansea. So spurs get Llorente and swans get Bony. Not too bad. Need to get Bony back into shape though.

We don't know if he did say that to his teammates. Not everything that is reported is true and what basis did he have to say it as Arsenal clearly didn't have anybody lined up to replace him. Like, Lemar wasn't lined up to replace him because they were never really in the running to get him - today's bid was last minute panic behaviour.

Ah well, you're just choosing to believe what supports your view.

Regardless, Arsenal handled this pretty poorly. To me, that's undeniable.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Between wages for agents, and likely the inflated ad revenue for any and all news outlet reporting on transfers, it is most likely the day in which half of these guys pay for holidays. But I know what you mean, it does cross the line of obscene, especially with the kind of money being thrown around. I don't dislike the Ox deal, but £35m? Arsenal say they have no money and pass a transfer of £92m. Neymar's deal. It is almost a parody of itself at this stage.

If it was actually ever interesting I wouldn't care about their hamfisted attempts to make it a 'thing'. The problem is that that, realistically, there has only been one interesting deadline day in the last 8 years (Jan 2011), and ever since then they have been hyping up absolutely nothing.

Also Jim White can go and fornicate himself with a rusty iron bar.

cromofo

I hope Barkley never plays a second in the Everton shirt.

Give him Niasse's locker.

Don't let him go in January and let him go on a free in summer. Don't play him.

Floody

Although I don't think he would have told his team mates. Reliable Arsenal sources have said they accepted a £55m +£5m in add-ons bid from City. It's likely he knew about that, bid maybe not that it was reliant on Arsenal getter a replacement in first.
I can see why he'd be annoyed, but I'm not sure what he expected Arsenal to do.

Markitron

Lazar Markovich is somehow still a Liverpool player. Amazing. I'm actually impressed. Got himself a 20m transfer and 4 years of good money despite never doing anything of even mild interest.

The Indian super league are gonna get themselves one hell of an average player.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this transfer window was depressing, especially this last day (and its not over).

Months to get GK after selling Ederson knowing full well that Julio Cesar is old and prone to injuries (oh look, hes injured again), they finally get this Svilr kid who is barely 18 so even if hes good he wont be starting anytime soon.

No central back to replace Lindelof, we re stuck with old ass Luisão, who like JC is old and prone to injuries.

Months to get a right back to replace Semedo, so we have to get a lst minute loan from Barcelona, Douglas (who apparently is shit)

And now we sell Mitroglou for no reason and get Gabigol on loan from Inter... why? >_>

giphy.webp

Ah well shame Sanchez didn't move to City. Must have bee a bit shit for him finally getting the green light after months of negotiation to only be told nope a few hours later. If he really wants to join City then January isn't far away and can do what he likes at the end of the season anyway so isn't too bad if he really wants out of Arsenal.

Still think clubs that don't let players move are snide cunts. Plyers don't owe the clubs anything (nor does the club owe them anything) and should be treated like standard employment as long as they give adequate notice for the club to find a replacement.

Kind of want to watch the Chile match now to see what his body language is like.

Seems like fans from all the big sides are slightly disappointed with this summer's transfers.

I'm fairly happy with it. I really didn't want to lose Costa, but factoring this out, there has been quite a few good transfers. A right back to compete is great. Christensen coming back is great. Rudiger very good signing, bakayoko seems good although I know very little of him, Morata? Probably the best the club could do, but would obviously prefer Costa. Drinkwater? Not official yet but I hope it will be. Not because I rate him all that highly but need the squad depth. Overall pretty good window.

Mohamed Salah
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Andy Robertson
Dominic Solanke
Naby Keita (2018)

So that's our summer business. Not something you shout from the rooftops with, obviously not getting VVD or any CB is a disappointment and maybe getting Keita this year would ease the pain a bit. But I'm relatively happy I suppose. I won't put a final judgement because I wanna see if Coutinho is still here. I think if he stays, it will help a bit too. We forget how good he can sometimes be. Imagine him providing Mane, Salah and Ox with killer through-balls mmm.

6/10 right now. 6.5 if Coutinho stays.

Audioboxer

Jose thinks he can win the league with Blind as LB. Good luck.

Actually surprised Smalling stayed put at United. We seem to have one too many centre backs. Once they're all fit we'll have 5 to choose from.

Floody

Seems like fans from all the big sides are slightly disappointed with this summer's transfers.

It's the only reason I'm not that bothered about our average window. United, Everton and City have done well, but I think even they could have done better.

Happy with Salah. Kept Coutinho (assuming FSG aren't going to be complete dickheads in the next 24h). And guaranteeing Keita next year is far better outcome than I expected with him.
Good depth with Ox, Robertson and Solanke and I'm excited to see how they develop.

Not even attempting to sort out the CB issues (hell we decided to make it worse) is just asking for trouble though.

And a netspend of around £40m is underwhelming. What happen to the £200m warchest?

Cappa

Banned
where is mahrez tho?????

All signs point to Barcelona, La Liga transfer window closes tomorrow(today 01/09/17 at 23:59)

What I dont see happening is players like Coutinho leaving their teams without replacement. Thats why I think Mahrez and Di Maria to Barcelona are basically whats going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom