• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a fucking disaster.

I just want to erase this day from my memory. First the fiasco about Alexis not leaving Arsenal and now this...

Not a fucking single player played well today, none, zero!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck this day

image.php

The most annoying thing about Liverpool's CBs isn't that it's Lovren / Matip starting, it's that it's Klavan and Gomez as your backups. Lovren / Matip isn't ideal, but both get injured and then you're stuck with those two backups playing a shit ton of games and pretty quickly Can playing CB, too.

I love Klopp, but the CB situation is just pure hubris from him. I get that you only want to buy surefire upgrades and not bloat the squad but that ideological purity probably isn't worth as many Klavan games as we're going to get this season.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
press saying Drinkwater is confirmed at Chelsea, so Leicester got their extension?

Still no word about Adrien Silva here tho but since both transfers were linked...

Kandinsky

Al cabo que ni quería ir a la WC.

Nah, besides Vidal who else? Jara?

That's it. The rest are good guys. You're just being hyperbolic.

He has a point, Vidal, Medel, Valdivia, Jara, even Alexis, they all are unlikeable, thats like half the team playing lol

Can't also stand Aranguis and his overreactions/dives.

Al cabo que ni quería ir a la WC.

He has a point, Vidal, Medel, Valdivia, Jara, even Alexis, they all are unlikeable, thats like half the team playing lol

Can't also stand Aranguis and his overreactions/dives.

Vidal behaves like an asshole a lot of times, talking shit or being a thug on the field. Jara... well, shit like what he did with Cavani makes him an asshole too, but the rest are just like any decent player.

Look what a lot of Paraguay's players did today, falling like little girls and staying rolling in the floor. That's shit behavior but I'm not going to say they are assholes because of that.

Some of you seem like are super mega hypersensitive fellas.

Chile and Uruguay fucked up, if next round best Guay wins, Ecuador wins against Peru and Chile loses in La Paz they could end up missing the world cup.

Zasa

Chile and Uruguay fucked up, if next round best Guay wins, Ecuador wins against Peru and Chile loses in La Paz they could end up missing the world cup.
Harsh truth.

It's really between us & Ecuador for 5th. Since Peru & Paraguay have very tough fixtures ahead of them & I can't see them pulling through tbh.

Bolivia is a must win & we'll be without both Vidal & Aranguiz because of suspension. It'll be tough regardless, nothing is ever straightforward in La Paz.

Only positive is that Ecuador after this Brazil match, has Peru at home (must win for both), then they're away vs us, & end it at home vs Argentina. So we definitely have it the easiest of the four fighting for 5th. Hopefully we're qualified by the Brazil game.

Kandinsky

Vidal behaves like an asshole a lot of times, talking shit or being a thug on the field. Jara... well, shit like what he did with Cavani makes him an asshole too, but the rest are just like any decent player.

Look what a lot of Paraguay's players did today, falling like little girls and staying rolling in the floor. That's shit behavior but I'm not going to say they are assholes because of that.

Some of you seem like are super mega hypersensitive fellas.

Nobody said assholes, just unlikeable lol

I just dont like their attitude on the pitch, constantly arguing with the refs, asking for yellow cards, screaming, confronting rivals, it's just so annoying and unprofessional, and it's something you see all the time from our players.

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/903415573895372800

Drinkwater confirmed. Sigh. Its an average transfer window. We have not strengthened much compared to rivals. Spurs look better than last year. Liverpool look much better. City and United look way better than last year. Thank God Arsenal didn't sell Sanchez to City else it would have been very tough to compete for title. Now everyone seems even.
I just hope Morata, Hazard, Kante, Luiz, Pedro and Courtois don't get injured at all for whole season. And we should just concentrate on winning league again and just enjoy UCL instead of pushing too much for it. The squad isn't big or good enough to go for a win in all competitions. Now hopefully Hazard stays next year. And we better make a good attempt in January for Sanchez.

Yeah but Argentina also fucked up.

I'm just reading lanacion.com.ar and I'm tears reading how those guys destroy their team. I love how awesome the argentinians are when it comes to be ironic.

At the end it seems this quali will have everyone in the edge of the seat until the last fucking match -_-

Yeah but Argentina also fucked up.

I'm just reading lanacion.com.ar and I'm tears reading how those guys destroy their team. I love how awesome the argentinians are when it comes to be ironic.

At the end it seems this quali will have everyone in the edge of the seat until the last fucking match -_-

Argentina's next two games are against Venezuela and Peru at home.

Argentina's next two games are against Venezuela and Peru at home.

Yeah I know, but they didn't play well at all today. Venezuela has nothing to loose and Perú es extremely motivated thanks to the TAS.

What I mean is, Argentina would make a terrible mistake if they think both next matches are a piece of cake.

So, is Coutinho staying with Liverpool?

No idea until the transfer window closes tomorrow night for Barca, but with only more sketchy sources wanted to talk about rumours (imo only to keep the topic of transfers alive past our deadline as it's easy traffic to their site or twitter account), and Liverpool only really standing to lose if we sell him after we've tied our hands this window, on top of telling Barca we want no deal, I'm betting it's unlikely anything but talk now.

Next season for certain.

Yeah I know, but they didn't play well at all today. Venezuela has nothing to loose and Perú es extremely motivated thanks to the TAS.

What I mean is, Argentina would make a terrible mistake if they think both next matches are a piece of cake.

Yeah, if they fuck up in one of those 2 matches they will need points in Quito and that would be insane

YES ZAPPACOSTA CONFIRMED. WE ARE WINNING EVERYTHING.

*sob*

People are going to be surprised by him i think, even if he doesn't improve under conte and remains the same he should assist in a lot of goals, he is exactly the kind of player conte likes and is perfect for morata.
People will joke and laugh but i think just like Alonso and moses people are going to be really surprised, his stats are great and his crossing from his position is exactly what chelsea need.

longdi

Banned
Repeat of bra vs fra WC finals again.

Crazy how the french frontline is valued at 100 of millions. Bra probably have the better coach, FFA should consider replacing Deschamp with Wenger asap.

People are going to be surprised by him i think, even if he doesn't improve under conte and remains the same he should assist in a lot of goals, he is exactly the kind of player conte likes and is perfect for morata.
People will joke and laugh but i think just like Alonso and moses people are going to be really surprised, his stats are great and his crossing from his position is exactly what chelsea need.

I hope so. He is definitely a better crosser than Moses and Azpi. Hopefully he is this year's Alonso.

Zasa

Well, at least Brazil won.

Very lucky all three of Argentina, Uruguay & Colombia came out with only 1 point today. Only positive

If we had signed Llorente I would have been content with this window. As it stands we're fine, a little deeper but not any stronger. I'm expecting a top 4 finish and to get out of the UCL group stage but nothing beyond that. Ultimately this season may be all about convincing Conte to stay on long term. If we can do that and stabilize we may actually start building something special here.

pbsapeer

Banned
And with Owen I think people just consider him a knob. Not like passionately hated. A bit judas-y for sure. Mad they made him an ambassador.
went to the charity game he played in LFC legends vs Real Madrid legends.
He scored for Liverpool and when the announcer said his name the crowd boo'd. There was also a few jeers when he was on the ball.
He is a little prick tbh. When he signed for Man U I really lost all respect for him. Could kind of get over him going to real (especially as we then won the champ league without Jim) but going to a team that is Liverpool biggest rival is just a joke.

That feeling when your club signs Mamadou Sakho, who really is way too good, and you then remember that the club only has one fit senior striker for the first half of the season. :\

User: A Serious Man
League: Premier League

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool
---
5. Tottenham
6. Everton
7. Stoke
8. Arsenal
---