• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

azyless

Andrew Robertson scored a pretty nice goal for Scotland
image.gif

Steve McVeigh‏ @SteveMcVeigh123 51m

Andy Robertson is the first Liverpool player to score a competitive goal for Scotland since Kenny Dalglish v Spain in November 1984.

RocknRola

France is looking really good based on yesterday. They have huge talents in the team.

They need a better coach. Otherwise, along Brazil and Germany they are probably one of the more stacked sides in terms of pure talent on both the starting 11 + bench.

T-Rex.

Banned
Anyone still want to tell me Southgate was the 'best choice'?
Who were the alternatives? Genuine question btw, I barely pay attention to the NT. I thought the FA decided to rule out foreign managers so there wasn't a lot of talent to choose from.

Syder

Who were the alternatives? Genuine question btw, I barely pay attention to the NT. I thought the FA decided to rule out foreign managers so there wasn't a lot of talent to choose from.
If we're ruling out foreign managers we're kneecapping ourselves at the starting line.

Regardless, Southgate is, for good reason, very low on managers I want to see in high profile jobs. The man is a Championship/U-21 manager at best.

Just as an example, Steve Bruce had walked out of a PL job a month prior to the England job becoming available last year.

T-Rex.

Banned
If we're ruling out foreign managers we're kneecapping ourselves at the starting line.

Regardless, Southgate is, for good reason, very low on managers I want to see in high profile jobs. The man is a Championship/U-21 manager at best.

Just as an example, Steve Bruce had walked out of a PL job a month prior to the England job becoming available last year.
I always thought they should have tried to get Rodgers in. At the very least he would have got the team playing some decent stuff. Plus it's his life goal to prove that British players are as technically gifted as foreign players, or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom