• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spanish window closed.

YYRas07.png
YYRas07.png
YYRas07.png

SE QUEDAAAA

YYRas07.png
YYRas07.png
YYRas07.png

Now please buck on Phil. CL trophy might sooth your sorrows!

DBT85

Never write off Liverpool in the CL.
I mean, never write off Bayern or Barca or Madrid I can understand.

Pool won it 4 times in an 8 year period that ended 33 years ago and have won it once since.

Never write off Nottingham Forest in the CL.

T-Rex.

Banned
I feel like he needs to re-debut in an away game and also score a brace in that game. Only then he'll survive the crowd.
If we can cheer Suarez on after his fuckery I'm sure Phil will be fine. He always does well against City as well so I'd stick him straight back into the team.

Timbuktu

I mean, never write off Bayern or Barca or Madrid I can understand.

Pool won it 4 times in an 8 year period that ended 33 years ago and have won it once since.

Never write off Nottingham Forest in the CL.

I guess it would be a fair comment during Rafa's era. Liverpool really had no business winning CL then with that squad, and then got into the semi the year after and then the final again up the year after that. Liverpool regularly overperformed is that last sustained stint in CL.

DBT85

I guess it would be a fair comment during Rafa's era. Liverpool really had no business winning CL then with that squad, and then got into the semi the year after and then the final again up the year after that. Liverpool regularly overperformed is that last sustained stint in CL.
Agreed entirely.

Pretty much all the squad liked his photo from last night on Instagram so he doesn't seem to have alienated the squad.

Doesn't surprise me. He's easily one of the most popular guys in the squad. Even if he wasn't, the team would know he's one of the best players in the league and would welcome him back anyways.

Pretty much all the squad liked his photo from last night on Instagram so he doesn't seem to have alienated the squad.

Must be weird as a footballer to see all the stories being thrown around about your teammates. I feel like you'd have to do your best to keep your neck out of it or go insane.

Doesn't surprise me. He's easily one of the most popular guys in the squad.

You reckon? I've figured he's probably liked, but a little quiet to be really integral, compared to how raucous Bobby and Studgy must be.

You reckon? I've figured he's probably liked, but a little quiet to be really integral, compared to how raucous Bobby and Studgy must be.

I think so. He seems to have a good relationship with most of the cliques, the Latino boys, the Lovren-Grujic-Markovic triforce(judging by the car pool video) and even the british lads. He should work on that african group too, might be good on the field as well!

What do I base this on? Fuck all lmao, but judging by social media and all.

MikeBison

Coutinho was linking up with Salah something dirty in pre season. And that's whilst he was dreaming of the Nou Camp.

Could be fucking special. Coutinho behind Mane and Salah and Bobby at the tip. Africa and Brazil unite.

Mane-Firmino-Salah
Coutinho-Can
Henderson

Is this the best midfield + attack? Bit harsh on Wijnaldum to miss out I guess and where does Ox come in. Shall be interesting to see how Klopp does it.

Crazy what 4 years can change. Last time around Mexico was on the verge of elimination and USA was walking to the World Cup. Now the situations are reversed.

Lunar FC

Was working during the US match but managed to catch a 25 minute chunk of the first half and thought we were playing rather well without the end product to show for it. Saw the first Costa Rica goal which was pathetic on our part on all accounts. Was shouting expletives in the break room after that shit. Glad I wasn't able to see the rest.

The quality of some of the players in the first 11 is shocking. Tim Ream and Graham Zusi are just plain not good enough to start a pivotal World Cup qualifier.

Just read a sports news on TV. Some ex-Arsenal free agent players who failed to find a new club:

- Jose Reyes
- Marouane Chamakh
- Kolo Toure
- Mathiue Flamini

Arsenal should've recruited Toure at least.

Just read a sports news on TV. Some ex-Arsenal free agent players who failed to find a new club:

- Jose Reyes
- Marouane Chamakh
- Kolo Toure
- Mathiue Flamini

Arsenal should've recruited Toure at least.

Agreed, really surprised no one picked him up since so many clubs were looking to for some strength, or at least depth at the back.

Edit:

So now that Coutinho stays how certain are we that Liverpool bought Ox to play Left back?

Depends if Cout can be arsed is fit to play, and if Robertson keeps performing he'll be higher up the list I think. The pay cut might be a sign he's accepting being more of a squad player, as long as it means he subs for a midfielder, or starts when we need rotation.

If Klopp does go ahead of put him at LB, then I dunno what the fuck was the point of it.

T-Rex.

Banned
Mane-Firmino-Salah
Coutinho-Can
Henderson

Is this the best midfield + attack? Bit harsh on Wijnaldum to miss out I guess and where does Ox come in. Shall be interesting to see how Klopp does it.
I think it'll depend on who we're playing. Can and Gini are fantastic against the teams that come out and play against us, but against the low block teams they're not very effective, Gini especially. So that midfield against the teams that will attack us (City, Chelsea, Spurs) maybe, and then Lallana or Ox in place of Can against the teams (West Brom, Man Utd etc) that will just put 11 men behind the ball. I dunno, interesting to see what Klopp does. We need to rotate anyway so I don't think we'll have a set starting XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom