• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool should have sold Coutinho. And Arsenal should have sold Sanchez. I don't know why these clubs keep players against their wishes. It affects the dressing room and the fans. Liverpool could have easily got Lemar if they tried earlier after selling Coutinho.
Arsenal could have got Draxler or someone decent. Though I am happy they didn't sell Sanchez to City as it would have made City the champions.

If Hazard decides to leave, no way Chelsea will force him to stay. That has been our policy from long time. We try to convince players, if they are not agreeing, we let them go, even if it bites us in the ass, like Matic and now Costa.

Liverpool should have sold Coutinho. And Arsenal should have sold Sanchez. I don't know why these clubs keep players against their wishes. It affects the dressing room and the fans. Liverpool could have easily got Lemar if they tried earlier after selling Coutinho.
Arsenal could have got Draxler or someone decent. Though I am happy they didn't sell Sanchez to City as it would have made City the champions.

If Hazard decides to leave, no way Chelsea will force him to stay. That has been our policy from long time. We try to convince players, if they are not agreeing, we let them go, even if it bites us in the ass, like Matic and now Costa.

Indeed, we'll see how much it affects the dressing room as the season goes. I think it won't be as toxic as imaginable, the lads never come across as too cliquey, and a lot of Klopp's vague comments about the move made it seem he'd resigned to let Cout go in the end, but it wasn't his decision, nor his players at that point. No doubt he's happy to keep him, but from a lot of accounts the owners oversaw this in the latter months of the window.

And I've not kept up with Costa given all this, what do?

I don't think the dressing room will mind Coutinho. The fans maybeee at first, but do you honestly think fans will boo him when he will probably get double figures in both goals and assists.

MikeBison

You mean like the 5 year contract Coutinho signed in January? 🤔

It's just a fact that despite having a contract, a player might still leave.

But it gives two definite:

More power to the club.
They can't go for free.

It's as simple as that. I'm not naive to think every single player wants to stay for every minute of their contract, nor do I think 'fuck this, what's the point in them signing it' I see all sides really.

MikeBison

But also, disregard what I said about Can ha!

Got it wrong.

On bleacher report it said: 'Reds ready 5 year deal for Can'.
Click the link and it's on about Juventus offering him a 5 year deal ha.

I still think it gets sorted before January anyway. If not, best of luck to him.

King_Moc

Banned

Yeah, it really fucked us over when we did it to Suarez.

Not sure thats true about Hazard. We just signed his brother from Ujpest, think we're desperate for him to be main man and stay. Who do we replace him with?

DBT85

This grenfell game. Some large chaps out there and some who look like they've never kicked a ball in their lives. Baffles me thatpeople can love the sport and yet barely be able to do the bare basics involved.

José in goal tho lol.

This grenfell game. Some large chaps out there and some who look like they've never kicked a ball in their lives. Baffles me thatpeople can love the sport and yet barely be able to do the bare basics involved.

José in goal tho lol.

Hope it goes to a shootout, you know he'll be mad salty when he lets some in.

caramac

But also, disregard what I said about Can ha!

Got it wrong.

On bleacher report it said: 'Reds ready 5 year deal for Can'.
Click the link and it's on about Juventus offering him a 5 year deal ha.

I still think it gets sorted before January anyway. If not, best of luck to him.

Bah, thought we had some good news there!

K1R61aH.jpg

I don’t think its as easy as it looks from the outside.
Also - Arsenal had no issues selling Ox after he started three games this season nor Wilshere last year for loan after some substitute appearances.

I genuinely think no bid was made for Sanchez until deadline day and the Lemar panic bid was the result of city’s bid and the result against Liverpool.

As for Draxler - why Wenger didn’t bid for him... well only
Wenger knows. After the Neymar signing - if I was a big club looking for attacking options I would’ve bid for Di Maria or Draxler

Indeed, we'll see how much it affects the dressing room as the season goes. I think it won't be as toxic as imaginable, the lads never come across as too cliquey, and a lot of Klopp's vague comments about the move made it seem he'd resigned to let Cout go in the end, but it wasn't his decision, nor his players at that point. No doubt he's happy to keep him, but from a lot of accounts the owners oversaw this in the latter months of the window.

And I've not kept up with Costa given all this, what do?

Atletico didn't pay up even a 45m price because he isn't fit and they can't register him before January. So Costa got fucked. He burned his bridges completely with Chelsea, is unfit now and his WC squad place is in doubt.

I don’t think its as easy as it looks from the outside.
Also - Arsenal had no issues selling Ox after he started three games this season nor Wilshere last year for loan after some substitute appearances.

I genuinely think no bid was made for Sanchez until deadline day and the Lemar panic bid was the result of city’s bid and the result against Liverpool.

As for Draxler - why Wenger didn’t bid for him... well only
Wenger knows. After the Neymar signing - if I was a big club looking for attacking options I would’ve bid for Di Maria or Draxler

Bid for Sanchez was made on the Tuesday, second on the Thursday. Negotiations between the clubs began in May.

City don't really have anything to be pissed off about besides Arsenal being unprofessional, only Sanchez and Arsenal fans do. The whole "we won't sell Sanchez" was a lie from the beginning as Arsenal accepted City's bid. Part of one of the reason apparently why City waited so long was to allow Arsenal to work on a replacement, the reason they changed the bid from 50mill in instalments to 55mill upfront was so Arsenal could use that immediately.

Sanchez is now stuck at a club he doesn't want to be at after being told he could leave and by reports in Chile had signed the contract when he got confirmation. Arsenal fans just get to look at their club and go what the fuck is going on, why are you lying and why after over a year of being notified of a player wanting to leave and multiple players running down their contracts on purpose have new signings not been made whilst you sell players in key areas.

For City its cool. They sign him in Jan if he still wants to and if he doesn't it gives them time to work on other deals. One of them being Messi as he is running his contract down and free to talk to clubs in Jan.

I'm sure Phil will knuckle down, forget this thing happened, get a Scouse accent, stay for the rest of his career, win the CL with us in dramatic fashion, have his last match with us be a 6-1 thrashing by stoke and then get a bench with his name on it outside the new main stand.

I'm sure of it.

Dadasch

Iceland finally lost...now Turkey could be first in the group with an away win against Ukraine, which probably won't happen. :(

Please Lucescu, form a decent team with these incompetent douchebags.

Waiting for the Spain v Italy match to kick off on ITV4, and they're playing Barca's European Glories.

Apt time to be reminding us of yesteryear, huh?

Not sure thats true about Hazard. We just signed his brother from Ujpest, think we're desperate for him to be main man and stay. Who do we replace him with?

We don't have anyone except Sanchez who we can buy in January. But if Hazard decides to leave, it will be for crazy money and we can use that to buy a replacement from whichever club he is going to. We got Morata as Costa replacement so we surely can look for Hazard's replacement and get it. However I wish he never ever leaves.

EDIT: Great goal by Isco. Why did Ramos take first FK is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom