• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Bumhead

Banned
Just got back from our game at Huddersfield. Not every day you see a Graham Poll-esque 2 yellow cards and no sending off. Fun times.

Zabojnik

No, he's been at Lazio for as long as I can remember.

Have no idea how good he is, though. Serie A GAF?

He's Lazio's best CB, imo. Good sense of positioning, not prone to blunders and a beast physically. Unfortunately for him, Lotito (Lazio's president) doesn't give a fuck about his players wanting to leave. He offers them the same treatment as Urrutia. Diakite's been in war with Lotito since the summer, if not before.

There are far, far worse defenders out there.

Have Juve bribed the refs again?

The difference between you and rubentus is that they are dumb enough to get caught.

I can't help but feel it's a little disrespectful for a man in this position to say things like this, regardless of it's validity.

Celtic?

So Juventus are already through to the quarter final.

1369157d1295005807-vivere-di-trading-toccata-di-palle.jpg

snoopen

Yayyyy arsenal win again! Will watch motd when I get out of bed.

If theo doesn't re-sign, it'll be a case of him 'trying' in his last few games. I'd say Chelsea or Pool is where he'll go.

What's the verdict on Jol at Fulham? His team are not performing well at all. Think he'll be fired if it doesn't improve?

While I think Fulham haven't been playing well recently, I don't think Jol's job is in danger. Most of their troubles have arisen since Ruiz's injury a while back, and from what I hear their backup keeper let them down today. They're a little light in midfield though, they don't have any creativity in the middle of the park. The centre midfielders that they do have - Sidwell, Diarra, etc are unadventurous. I like their youth players that they've brought through into the team; Kaciniklic and Kerim Frei are exciting players. They need a signing like West Brom's Yacob; perhaps if they pick up 2 or 3 players, or even just one with some creativity going forward, they'll begin to rediscover that great home form that has propelled them these last few seasons.

Also, they need Rodallega to start pulling his weight for them up front, so far he has been utterly disappointing. I don't fancy them to get relegated, though the fans might not like to see themselves hovering above the dropzone after the splendid recent years they've had. It's a new dawn for them. The sale of Dembele has hurt them more than Dempsey, I'd say.

With all that said, I'd say Jol is a safe man. Needs to improve at home though, and quickly.

Kyoufu

Just got back from our game at Huddersfield. Not every day you see a Graham Poll-esque 2 yellow cards and no sending off. Fun times.

The PGMOL are to investigate referee Mick Russell for failing to send off Sheff Wed's Jeremy Helan during game v Huddersfield #ssn

Jensen

What's the verdict on Jol at Fulham? His team are not performing well at all. Think he'll be fired if it doesn't improve?
Started really well. Berba and Ruiz were both playing very well, , Ruiz then got injured and they lost their form.

They will probably be ok by the end of the season, it would be crazy to fire Jol. Fulham won't find anyone better to replace him.

Wilbur

Banned
Just woke up from a nap and saw the score, fuck me :lol

Refereeing standard across the board this season has been disgraceful. Away draw's okay though considering how Huddersfield are doing this season.

Bumhead

Banned
The PGMOL are to investigate referee Mick Russell for failing to send off Sheff Wed's Jeremy Helan during game v Huddersfield #ssn

We couldn't work it out. Just bizarre. Apparently he took the number of our right winger for the first yellow but ended up giving them both to Helan. Just really strange.

If the authorities want to investigate that then I hope they'll also investigate what looked like a blatant penalty denied for a foul on Helan in Huddersfield's box, along with a couple of other really cynical attempts to kick him in the air.

Hopefully we sign him permanently in January. I would assume that's an option as I can't see him playing for Man City. But he's pacey and a really tidy player.

Refereeing standard across the board this season has been disgraceful. Away draw's okay though considering how Huddersfield are doing this season.

Yeah, good draw really. Unbeaten in 4 with 4 clean sheets too which is a nice upturn in form. Need a few more to pull us away from the relegation zone. I thought we could have won today though, thought we were the better side on balance and wasn't impressed with Huddersfield.

Igo

Damn, walcott fucking up on these motd highlights. Were people cursing him before he entered beast mode?

:lol at Wilshire doing his best Narsi on that free kick.

Clegg

TBH I was never keen on the Tiote to United rumours when they were in circulation.

He relies so much on Cabaye to actually do the midfield duties.

Lightning

Banned
I remember when you said this about Ba.
Ba will go. It's a shame for Newcastle because they wont get the money they deserve for him but he will leave but to where is anyone's guess. I hope it's not to Arsenal.

That Walcott goal was amazing. Fergie swap him for Nani
Arsenal will never accept Nani's wage demands. Nani to Arsenal is impossible and I'm thankful for it as we don't need JT's at our club.

Wilbur

Banned
TBH I was bever keen on the Tiote to United rumours when they were in circulation.

He relies so much on Cabaye to actually do the midfield duties.

Yeah, I can't remember who it was (Laboured I think?) that was saying Tiote was a far better footballer than his reputation suggests, but he's nothing more than a midfield enforcer to me. I thought De Jong was better.

I'd fucking kill for Cabaye though. If we're going to buy a class midfielder, might as well buy one that a) will make Kyoufu commit seppuku and b) buy one that's a cunt to fit with the rest of our board, coaching staff and squad.

Gonna go put MOTD on now

Clegg

United had a breakaway in the first half that caught West Brom short on numbers in defence. A long ball was played to Valencia while we had three or four players flooding into the box.

Valencia jogged with the ball to the byline. Stopped, he fucking stopped and then put in a terrible cross into the box. We lost all our advantage when Val stopped but we still had a chance to score. But then Tony V shat it again.

He really needs to be dropped.

Empty

i feel bad for giroud. scores two off the bench then gets completly overshadowed by the hattrick and media campaign for walcott to play up front. i really like him.

edit: oof that dzeko first was nice.

Wilbur

Banned
Ba has to go only because Pardew is incapable of rotating strikers.

I want Ba in my team but the problem is Cisse is stuck as a winger. What a waste.

We need investment.

I hate football.

The thing is, when your first team is back and you're looking at this after January is done (even if we exclude no first team signings :lol):

Krul; Simpson, Taylor, Coloccini, Santon; Anita, Tiote, Cabaye; Ben Arfa, Cisse, Marveaux

It's a very good first team. Simpson needs replacing for He Who Shall Not Be Named
ebuchy
, but its just all about getting your injured players back with some squad depth and Pardew learning not to bend over just because Ba can't in case his knees pop.

Cabaye isn't a cunt. Don't get why GAF thinks he is.

Moody little prick, not averse to being cunts to ballboys and players alike

Clegg

Ahahahahahahah

Nasri you dopey, twat.

dc what were you saying about a Frogie conspiracy?

You've had a shocker mate.

He tried faking an injury then got up straight away to act like a little bitch in front of Bassong.

K1LLER7

United had a breakaway in the first half that caught West Brom short on numbers in defence. A long ball was played to Valencia while we had three or four players flooding into the box.

Valencia jogged with the ball to the byline. Stopped, he fucking stopped and then put in a terrible cross into the box. We lost all our advantage when Val stopped but we still had a chance to score. But then Tony V shat it again.

He really needs to be dropped.
If he had a left foot, he'd be deadly.

Nice play for Dzeckos first

Top Bottom