• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

This post has been brought to you by @RAWK_Meltdown

RAWK Meltdown ‏@RAWK_Meltdown
I loved Kenny. His smile, his coat and the way he threw his arms when we scored. Beautiful.

(April 2012) Both (LFC & Barcelona) have to battle against 'borderline corrupt' empires (Franco's Madrid and Ferguson's United).

Brendan (Rodgers) has a modern football approach suited for dominating games. Like Happel, Cruyff and other greats.

My personal favourite.

One word- Rafa

Yen

Brad Jones ‏@Brad_Jones1
Coffee machine on the coach is broken... Downing and Jones left devastated! #needmycoffee

Brad Jones refers to himself in the third person.

Busquets was just brilliant.
He's a pretty amazing player. His passing range is improving alot lately.

Some of the Barca fans I know are saying that the type of football Barca are playing this year is down to work Guardiola put in last year in terms of changing the dynamic of the team to make it more direct. What do you think about that?

Salvadora

Lucas turned down United to play for PSG.
"Manchester United wanted me but I talked a lot with Leonardo and he convinced me," Moura told Telefoot TF1.

"It's an honor for me to play with [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic," he added, speaking about the lure of PSG.

FootballFan

Yep. I love analysing his style. He rarely loses the ball even though he does heaps of risky moves. His awareness and positioning are fantastic, it's really impressive.

As for your comments on Pep, it is down to what he did, but people also have to realise that Tito was following and doing everything Pep was doing for 5 years.

He is the same person with less swag. So Barca were never going to change much. He has made them more direct, I think that part is down to Tito, not Pep.

Lucas turned down United to play for PSG.
First I've heard of it.

Yep. I love analysing his style. He rarely loses the ball even though he does heaps of risky moves. His awareness and positioning are fantastic, it's really impressive.
I think he is steadily becoming one of the best players in the world. He isn't as effective in the game as other players but I suppose his role doesn't allow that, but in terms of what he can do he is so complete. Just a magnificent player and it's great to watch him for less obvious reasons.

I don't think there is a better first time passer of the ball in that entire Barcelona team.

Zabojnik

First I've heard of it.

But not the last, FootyGAF will make sure of it.

"Claudio Marchisio underwent an MRI scan shortly after the final whistle of Sunday afternoon’s clash against Sampdoria. The scan ruled out any serious injuries and instead revealed a heavy bruise."

282863_582398805119998_1456443061_n.jpg

Thank you, football gods.

FootballFan

I don't think there is a better first time passer of the ball in that entire Barcelona team.

I don't know if you are serious but I agree. His passing in the last year or so has been as good/better than Xavi's.

I still remember wanting Busquets to be kicked out of the team so badly lol. Thought Pep was crazy to use this random guy instead of Yaya Toure who was always great for us.

Biscuits cost us many goals when he first started, with stupid back-passes and mistakes. Glad Pep knew what he was doing.

edit
You really see the difference once Song is used instead of Busquets. He can't make one tackle, stays way too far forward and is just worse.

So when do you think he is going leave? this summer? Next summer? Also, when are napoli going back to Serie C? :p

I think Cavani is happy at Napoli, the fans love him and see him as their god lol. He scores a lot, Napoli is a good team, they'd expect a lot of money etc.

Unless a team he likes puts in a major bid I could see him staying for another year or two.

I don't know if you are serious but I agree. His passing in the last year or so has been as good/better than Xavi's.

I still remember wanting Busquets to be kicked out of the team so badly lol. Thought Pep was crazy to use this random guy instead of Yaya Toure who was always great for us.

Biscuits cost us many goals when he first started, with stupid back-passes and mistakes. Glad Pep knew what he was doing.

edit
You really see the difference once Song is used instead of Busquets. He can't make one tackle, stays way too far forward and is just worse.
Dead serious. His passing is incredible first time, doesn't need to take a touch because he positions himself so well and just knows where to put it.

Obv he isn't picking crazy defence splitting passes and stuff but it's damn impressive because he keeps the tempo high and the other team under pressure simply because he sends the ball back forwards so quickly.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
When's bud coming back? Is he eating and sleeping well? We need to know.

Fuck the dropped three points I'm just glad blonde beard is fine..

Cyberia

Some of the Barca fans I know are saying that the type of football Barca are playing this year is down to work Guardiola put in last year in terms of changing the dynamic of the team to make it more direct. What do you think about that?

I agree with a change in directness as in my opinion sometimes they moved the ball forwards much faster than under Pep, that ofcourse can lead to more errors.

To be honest I liked Barca under Pep more, people called them boring but they had a tendency to be able to play the ball slowly until they reached the final third where they would seemingly pass the ball at a much higher speed to penetrate a defence thats sitting on the edge of the box. Also the team recover control was way deeper when the ball was lost.

Top Bottom