• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

feel

Wait, Ronaldo is a no show for the Ballon Dor?

You got something better to do bro? No shame in being second best. Man up.
He's probably figuring out that the press or whoever votes won't pick him over Messi or other more likeable Barca players unless he wins everything that year while scoring a million goals, and he's tired of standing there as a loser time and time again. I would've stopped going a while ago, it's just hopeless and awkward.

Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox were smokin hot in the early years of Friends.

You could always tell Jennifer Aniston was kind of a bitch, but dammit you wanted her anyway. Don't think Friends is that great, but it's on tv just about when I eat, so I end up watching it quite often.

Fry

I like all seasons, minus the middle part of S8, which is the weakest one of the entire series. And I like half of S10.

S5 and S6 are soooo amazing.

It just felt obvious to me that they were white supremacists, so of course they weren't going to be friends with any other kind of people than white. Small and not very mixed gene pool was undoubtably the reason Ross got that English girl.

It just felt obvious to me that they were white supremacists, so of course they weren't going to be friends with any other kind of people than white. Small and not very mixed gene pool was undoubtably the reason Ross got that English girl.

:lol

it all makes sense

Friends are racist!!

Yen

Yeah, the only time one of them dates a black person (or "darkie" as Chandler would say) the girl gets dumped. Absolute proof right there

Fry

How do you remember stuff like that? I've no idea what the middle part of season 8 was!

I've watched it too many times now, it's crazy. But I don't actually remember much of each episode of S8, I'll need to read their synopsis in order too. But I've had this opinion for a while now, so it's not really about remembering.

Yen

It was set in a different time. I've never heard anyone complain about the lack of black guys in Dad's Army.

Can you imagine what a 1970s British sitcom (about old people) would have to say about black people? The Black and White Minstrel Show aired in the same era.

PowderedToast

I don't get this complaint about black people not being in Friends. They were, but as like side characters...?

the show doesn't do a very good job of representing the diversity or culture of new york, it's essentially made by white people for white people. not the end of the world but it's a legitimate criticism to hold against the show, especially for the amount of influence and popularity it had at its peak. they could've done a lot more with that

it also celebrates stupidity. a pretty crap show overall imo, although i get why people like it

seinfeld is way better i think

Wilbur

Banned
the show doesn't do a very good job of representing the diversity or culture of new york, it's essentially made by white people for white people. not the end of the world but it's a legitimate criticism to hold against the show, especially for the amount of influence and popularity it had at its peak. they could've done a lot more with that

it also celebrates stupidity. a pretty crap show overall imo, although i get why people like it

seinfeld is way better i think

Eh, the jokes are funny. I don't know, there's never any jokes specifically about being white so it identifies with everybody.

I've watched it too many times now, it's crazy. But I don't actually remember much of each episode of S8, I'll need to read their synopsis in order too. But I've had this opinion for a while now, so it's not really about remembering.

Fair enough. Maybe I'm just terrible with remembering tv shows. Even when people say things like "season 4 of X show was my favourite" I struggle to remember what happened.

Fintan

Used to watch Friends pretty much every day because of how often they showed it on E4. At its best it's really funny, and at its worst it's still watchable. Haven't really got into a multi-camera sitcom since then.

Top Bottom