• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Bo-Locks

I'll never never understand why Fergie says these sort of things. He's taking the siege mentality and turning it up to 11, which sets up the perfect conditions for a potential backfire. I think it's obvious from Williams' body language that he meant it, and he just swung his foot out of frustration, so criticize him of you must, but it's just embarrassing to call it the most dangerous act ever committed on a football field.

Or you could just help your grandmother without expecting anything in return. Like a good person and a loving family member.

Strange concept I know.

My grandma would buy me sweets when I was a kid, but my mum or more likely my dad would have slapped the shit out of me if I had taken money from her for doing basic chores.

Clegg

And what do you guys do on boxing day?

Eat.

Christmas is a big deal in my family. My grandparents (on my mothers side) stay over for a few days and my aunts and uncles come to our house after dinner on Christmas day too.

There is always mountains of food left over.

Linius

Recover from Christmas Day :p well that's what my family does anyway. A lot of people go shopping as shops reopen on the 26th with lots of reduced prices

Eat.

Christmas is a big deal in my family. My grandparents (on my mothers side) stay over for a few days and my aunts and uncles come to our house after dinner on Christmas day too.

There is always mountains of food left over.

It's pretty much what we do here, but we call it second christmas day :p

Tomorrow I'll be at my grandpa's house with the family. Lots of food and handing each other presents.

Anyways, have to do some late christmas shopping now!

Watch Newcastle get rolled up and smoked at Old Trafford.

Our competition never goes on during the christmas days. The players spend it at home with their families and shortly after they go away for a training trip. Ajax goes to Brazil this year.

Hixx

I can't remember the last time I wasn't miserable as fuck on Christmas eve. I hate it and New Years Eve.

Maybe it's the word Eve. Anyway fuck christmas eve.

jGxNQBzg3rjOw.png

Suckers, we hand out presents today.

Just going to be with my dad, his girlfriend and a few random family members, luckily nothing too big so I don't have to talk with too many people I don't care about.

Arnie

The Guardian football section is in most respects a pretentious Banned Paper.

I'm going to get a 12 month Times subscription with my christmas money. They're absolutely top draw for Liverpool related content, and Rory Smith's an excellent writer, that to me is worth the outlay, especially as I'll be able to digest it iOS style on da move.

Mastadon

Banned
I'm going to get a 12 month Times subscription with my christmas money. They're absolutely top draw for Liverpool related content, and Rory Smith's an excellent writer, that to me is worth the outlay, especially as I'll be able to digest it iOS style on da move.

Yeah I love their sport section, it's so expensive though compared to the Guardian.

LTWheels

There are pictures on twitter of Tom Ince in the VIP box at the Fulham match on the weekend. No surprise really, sounds like it is progressing.

Mastadon

Banned
There are pictures on twitter of Tom Ince in the VIP box at the Fulham match on the weekend. No surprise really, sounds like it is progressing.

Yeah sounds like its pretty much done. It'll be nice to get our business done early for a change.

That interview with Suarez on SSN makes me warm inside :)

Arnie

Yeah sounds like its pretty much done. It'll be nice to get our business done early for a change.

That interview with Suarez on SSN makes me warm inside :)

Going to try and find it.

Oh, and my RAWK account got activated today, merry christmas.

Also, my mum's bought us Rafa's Champions League book and Pep's book for christmas. Going to start with Pep at about 11ish tomorrow and read until my eyes bleed.

Fintan

This is going to be another depressing transfer window.

Need oil money badly. :(

You guys can use it as an opportunity to make a lighter, more compact, more efficient squad by offloading some of the deadweight like Ba, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote etc.

Clegg

Look at all those players in the box. Valencia from last season would have blasted by his marker and put in a cross. Now he stands still, shimmies, then loses the ball.

ibjoIFHfR5hBNS.gif

kharma45

Look at all those players in the box. Valencia from last season would have blasted by his marker and put in a cross. Now he stands still, shimmies, then loses the ball.

ibjoIFHfR5hBNS.gif

He still did it a lot last year too, most people though seemed not to notice as he still put in a good ball 2/3 times rather than standing like a fucking statue.

yella

I probably won't be able to post anything tomorrow (I'm actually getting ready to leave for work now), and since I see it's almost or actually Christmas in some of the countries you guys live in, I just wanted to say Merry Christmas!

Arnie

Just seen Rodgers compare Henderson to Lucas, in that he might be under pressure now but hopefully people will see what a good player he is in the coming seasons.

Made me happy, huge fan of Jordan.

Arnie

Football editor of some Russian sports website is saying on twitter that Neuer, Lahm, Gomez and Kroos are gay.

My housemates are convinced it's Khedira and Ozil who're gay together, which I doubted.

Passing this on to them, there was that whole thing about a number of the German players being homosexual.

LTWheels

So with Sturridge and most likely Ince as new signings. Is there anyone else you would like to see us (realistically) sign?

I would like to see Butland as a signing. Secures a future keeper and gives Renia something to think about. Loan him out straight way though so he keeps getting first team football.

A back up left back would be useful, until Robinson makes his way into the squad.

Arnie

So with Sturridge and most likely Ince as new signings. Is there anyone else you would like to see us (realistically) sign?

I would like to see Butland as a signing. Secures a future keeper and gives Renia something to think about. Loan him out straight way though so he keeps getting first team football.

A back up left back would be useful, until Robinson makes his way into the squad.

Yep, both of those. Butland will be really good, I've heard Steel's a good prospect from Boro, too. Left back is also necessary, and loan Robinson out for first team experience.

Yen

Yep, both of those. Butland will be really good, I've heard Steel's a good prospect from Boro, too. Left back is also necessary, and loan Robinson out for first team experience.

RAWK reckon Pacheco and Robinson are going to Blackpool, and Ngoo is going to Birmingham. Inglethorpe at work.

My housemates are convinced it's Khedira and Ozil who're gay together, which I doubted.

Passing this on to them, there was that whole thing about a number of the German players being homosexual.

The sad part was that he also claimed that some of their Bayern teammates find it hard to deal with them because of that.

Arnie

RAWK reckon Pacheco and Robinson are going to Blackpool, and Ngoo is going to Birmingham. Inglethorpe at work.
Probably for the best, all those players need to get first team experience, but none can really break into the Liverpool first team at this time. The loan did wonders for Jonjo, so hopefully it has the same effect.
The sad part was that he also claimed that some of their Bayern teammates find it hard to deal with them because of that.
That's just ridiculous.

I'd have thought Lahm especially, being the Germany captain, would be unanimously liked, regardless of sexuality. Pretty depressing stuff, especially that they have to hide it.

LTWheels

Yeah, there are rumours of Robinson loan to sweeten the Ince transfer.

Out of curiosity I tried to buy Ince in Jan on FM. The checks buggers wanted £10m from him and wouldn't budge.

Arnie

So Rodgers said his priority in the summer is a top number 10, but Sneijder's seemingly off now, the club are missing a trick if they don't at least try for him.

And don't confuse this with me thinking we're at the level in which we can lure Sneijder, but we at least have to try, no? When Spurs signed VDV they perhaps bought above their means at that current time, and look how well that worked for them.

There is not one openly gay, active player in the world (afaik), so I'm not sure one person should come out just by himself - he'd turn into a hate magnet since football fans are, on avg., more homophobic than regular folk. I don't think anyone would debate that.
The best course of action would probably be a group coming out across leagues and nations.

Lahm could very well be a closet homosexual (it has been rumored for a long time). But he's far from being very well liked, in fact, most fans dislike him with a passion. Even some Bayern fans don't think he's fit to be a captain of anything. The negativity probably stems from his cocky attitude (napoleon complex) and other shortcomings rather then his alleged homosexuality (I know it's true for me).

Arnie

There is not one openly gay, active player in the world (afaik), so I'm not sure one person should come out just by himself - he'd turn into a hate magnet since football fans are, on avg., more homophobic than regular folk. I don't think anyone would debate that.
The best course of action would probably be a group coming out across leagues and nations.

Lahm could very well be a closet homosexual (it has been rumored for a long time). But he's far from being very well liked, in fact, most fans dislike him with a passion. Even some Bayern fans don't think he's fit to be a captain of anything. The negativity probably stems from his cocky attitude (napoleon complex) and other shortcomings rather then his alleged homosexuality (I know it's true for me).

Thanks for the insight into Lahm, as a Brit all this is lost on me until someone spells it out.

On the homosexuality debate, I really think a group do need to come out en mass, so not one figure takes all the attention, and it offers a platform for others to come out without having to cope with the ramifications alone.

spidye

wait a moment. you guys were serious? I thought you were joking.

why do you think bayern teammates have a hard time to accept their sexuality?

and for lahm. although not saying much he has a wife and kids. and even if he's gay that should not be anyone's concern

Top Bottom