• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You forget that donkeys don't require wining and dining
Touche. :lol :lol
itagakir2ujy.gif
SAVE NINJA GAIDEN ITAGOD

and DMC

Indie bands names get worse and worse

Exactly my thought when I read it. Terrible. Not even to the point of being funny when you first hear it, then realising its stupid. Just a dreadful attempt at being whimsical, so dreadful in fact that it prevents me from having any interest in giving them a single listen.

edit: Is Itagaki the guy who has a cookie for a face, when not helped by lighting?

FootballFan

THE HELL

Sky Sports saying Riquelme is about to sign for West Ham.

@ChelseaOfficial
ChelseaFC have decided to let Di Matteo go. We wish him well for the future.

WTF Di Matteo out !

Okay I'm off now it's 2.30am. I'll read through the thread and reply to all the crybaby
pulga <3
posts that are bound to come in, tomorrow.

Linius

You listen to The History of Apple Pie? Cool, I am going to their Gig on Tuesday. Can't really wait! and its Free to boot!

I missed Foxygen because it was sold out by the time I wanted to buy the tickets. :/

Yeah, listening to it now for the first time. They're coming to Best Kept Secret Festival in the summer so I'm checking them out. It's quite good.

And I missed Foxygen for the same reason, but I heard the gig was terrible so I didn't miss much :p

This is gonna be amazing, still 25 artists to be announced.

faridmon

Momma's Kumquat
Hair Blair Bunch
Various Artists
Spunk Bubble

why have none of these been used for bands irl

I like that one
Maybe, I'll use that when I set up a band

More ridiculous band names:

- This Many Boyfriends
- 99Radioservice
- Simon Fisher Turner
- The Indegenerates
- The Whitest boy Alive (you guys might now this band)
- Architecture in Helsinki
- Holidays of Seventeen
- Spangle Call Lilli Line
- New Young Pony Club
- Who The Bitch
- An Experiment On A Bird In The Air Pump
- NICO Touches the Walls
- Led er Est
- The Little Hands Of Asphalt

But this name is just awful, not cool because its weird, but just plain awful:

- I love you but I have chosen the Darkness

Fady K

Yeah. There's this odd line of thought that United "won't be able to help themselves".

Which is bullshit, lol. We can play insanely conservative stuff.

I agree; Ferguson will not take a risk if his team can do much more damage by playing conservatively. Mourinho of all people should know that.

Neat and tidy I'd say.
Lack of real outlets on the wing or from Jones made him less effective than he is when playing aongside Clev, but had decent passing stars considering the tempo of the game.

True, he didn't get the support he usually does. United barely play the same style they did yesterday these days.

Yeah he did but he was very quiet. 14 passes in 45 minutes. Second half he was better, still made those crucial interceptions, he was good.

2nd half overall was a big improvement for United.

Terrible result for Madrid. Their away form is shocking, I can't see them winning in Old Trafford.

Don't forget that they were *this* close to drawing Man City at Bernabeau as well. They definitely need to step it up. If United get knocked out at least they'll have the next best thing, the league title. If Madrid get knocked out the only thing they *may* have is the Copa Del Ray.

Still, Madrid can step it sometimes. They played brilliantly against Barca away this season, more than once.

It's okay bro.

Many try to, and all have failed.

Fairest person on GAF mate.

Best advice. Almost seems like some members here are addicted sometimes.

Thank you football fan, your words leave me humbled....and as you said it is very, very difficult. Many have tried and failed. I sometimes feel like I'm getting better and then *boom* I watch one of their games and I feel like I failed yet again.

Honestly, I can't even imagine what reaction I'd have considering Barca - Chelsea end up playing nearly every second season in the CL(probably more).

It really is a strange feeling. I did not enjoy watching them play against each other much. Still, my favorite player is the guy on your avatar.

faridmon

Yeah, listening to it now for the first time. They're coming to Best Kept Secret Festival in the summer so I'm checking them out. It's quite good.

And I missed Foxygen for the same reason, but I heard the gig was terrible so I didn't miss much :p

This is gonna be amazing, still 25 artists to be announced.

Holy shit at that Festival! That some of the best names I have ever seen in a festival.

Dude, French Films are just pure awesome and then you got The Maccabees, The History of Apple Pie, Swans, Belle & Sebastian, No Age and...

How much does it cost?

Also, Why the fuck is Modest Mouse in a smaller letters? They should be the main band dammit...

Linius

Holy shit at that Festival! That some of the best names I have ever seen in a festival.

Dude, French Films are just pure awesome and then you got The Maccabees, The History of Apple Pie, Swans, Belle & Sebastian, No Age and...

How much does it cost?

Also, Why the fuck is Modest Mouse in a smaller letters? They should be the main band dammit...

99 euros for the whole weekend, not that expensive actually. And yeah, Modest Mouse is pretty awesome. But yeah, you can't have them all in big letters eh? :p

Also, you should scrobble some more bands on Last.fm. It doesn't feel right we're very low considering we listen to a lot of the same stuff :p

faridmon

99 euros for the whole weekend, not that expensive actually. And yeah, Modest Mouse is pretty awesome. But yeah, you can't have them all in big letters eh? :p

Also, you should scrobble some more bands on Last.fm. It doesn't feel right we're very low considering we listen to a lot of the same stuff :p

That is not bad at all. I might consider it, if I have some money by then to spend.

I am currently addicted, again, to LCD soundsystem, so I can't help it, and I am going through some of the good Albums from last year that I own, but haven't had the chance to listen to, but I am looking to buy couple of Eps and Lps this month so lets see how it goes. Just bought Push EP by SPC ECO from her Bandcamp so yeah...

Best advice. Almost seems like some members here are addicted sometimes.

Don't bet too much is the best advice, betting just a little money you can easily do without is a great way to make matches you don't care about exciting. :p

*has several times watched Japanese football and crap because of betting*

Linius

That is not bad at all. I might consider it, if I have some money by then to spend.

I am currently addicted, again, to LCD soundsystem, so I can't help it, and I am going through some of the good Albums from last year that I own, but haven't had the chance to listen to, but I am looking to buy couple of Eps and Lps this month so lets see how it goes. Just bought Pulse EP by SPC ECO from her Bandcamp so yeah...

LCD Soundsystem are great. Too bad they broke up before I had the chance to see them. Only got to know them short before the break up. I passed on a gig of them in Amsterdam what later turned out to be the last one in The Netherlands.

Btw, if you like The History of Apple Pie I guess you'd digg Veronica Falls too.

Oh and if you were to come to the festival you should let me know, would be fun to see a Gaffer at a Dutch festival :p

EDIT

That's pretty huge train Wooden, I'm glad it's on the previous page now :lol

Timurid

When does united play their 2nd leg?

I couldn't watch the game yesterday, but I did listened to the match commentary on my phone.

Lol Verratti isn't leaving PSG anytime soon and I hope PSG gets united next round IF they qualify.

Kyoufu

I couldn't watch the game yesterday, but I did listened to the match commentary on my phone.

Lol Verratti isn't leaving PSG anytime soon and I hope PSG gets united next round IF they qualify.

You'd get owned.

Fady K

2uJYzLo.gif

He said his selection would be more aggressive - that potentially just means wingers.

Thing is, both managers are very tricky with their tactics. We'll have to wait until the start of the match in three weeks :0

Thanks for the link Fady!

Iwata with his Luigi hat!

You're moooost welcome tc :) Here's hoping we get a few exciting announcements.

March 5th bro.

Top Bottom