• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Drenthe was really good at Everton from what I can remember.

Sometimes. Other times, he was like a hyper aggressive Gervinho.

Thiago Alcantara | Welcome to ManUtd | HD | 2013 | 1080p | My Time Is Now |

Cn8R7eM.gif

GorillaJu

Pretty good for United to get their first flop signing out of the way early though. Don't want Moyes' legacy to be ruined when there's football going on.

Thiago is a great signing for Man Utd

Cesc back to Arsenal NOW pls

The PL will have the most talented Catalans/Spainards then.

lolliga

I miss having 5 Spaniards in the team

Reina, Arbeloa, Alonso, Riera, Torres

All in their primes, although Riera bought more to the team in balance than he did in quantifiables

Tc91

They are showing some of the best episodes of The Sopranos at 9pm tonight Sky Atlantic. Apparently all the seasons are on demand, I need to watch them.

FootballFan

United are willing to pay Thiago 6M per year but not Pogba?

Probably because Thiago is better?

Pogba:

Juventus

Supercoppa Italiana (1) 2012
Serie A (1): 2012–13

Barcelona

La Liga: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2012–13
Copa del Rey: 2011–12; Runner-up 2010–11
Supercopa de España: 2010, 2011; Runner-up 2012
UEFA Champions League: 2010–11
UEFA Super Cup: 2011
FIFA Club World Cup: 2011

Spain

Under-17 European Championship: 2008
Under-21 European Championship: 2011, 2013

FootballFan

Thiago is a reserve player for Barcelona too, right?

It wasn't (purely) a money issue with Pogba, it was also about his lack of first team action.

Thiago has played 100+ games for Barca, I never even heard of Pogba getting a game at ManUtd. Not even close to the same situation imo.

Thiago is a reserve player for Barcelona too, right?

It wasn't (purely) a money issue with Pogba, it was also about his lack of first team action.

Nah, Thiago had 36 appearances for Barca last season while Pogba only had 7 for us. Still, I think Pogba should have received what he had asked. Oh well.

pappe

Either way, how can you justify paying him 6M (!) per year. It is way above your average isn't it?

And it's almost double what you're paying Michael Carrick.

And refusing to pay that much to Nani.

I dont think thats the actual salary by the way

Either way, how can you justify paying him 6M (!) per year. It is way above your average isn't it?

And it's almost double what you're paying Michael Carrick.

Then remind me why you're losing him again? ;)
Because it's what he wants and we need a player of that talent and ability.

That's all it comes down to really.

The other clubs who want him can offer far more, we have to make a competitive offer.

I wonder how many of these people creaming themselves over thiago had even heard of him two months ago.

Any regular follower of football will know who he is.

Imagine if Thiago has a season like Kagawa.

God it'll be funny.

Thiago's pretty well known, to be fair.
tumblr_mifi8oURqM1qjhupxo1_500.gif

It wouldn't be that surprising, he's meant to be very inconsistent.

But even if he did, that would be enough to make a significant difference to our shitty midfield.

Imagine if Thiago has a season like Kagawa.

God it'll be funny.

Thiago's pretty well known, to be fair.

Wrong position, can't be judged on stats, adaptation, teammates don't pass to him, language barrier yada yada.

He'll be an improvement on their current options though, easily

To be honest your team isn't too bad. The only starter you lost to another team is Götze. Sure you lost a few talents and I fear your team might lack depth even more than last year, but it's nothing too dramatic.

We all knew you wouldn't try to compete with Bayern when it comes to signing new players. That would've been madness. One more talent (maybe deBruyne) and one or two players for the bench would've been great though.

It would've been worse if you had also lost Lewandowski.

Of course it's not too bad but we have the money and should spend it. We also "lost" Piszczek, he won't play before 2014. Lewandowski is still a huge question mark, I think everything can still happen (except Bayern).

We need at least 2 midfielders, some kind of RB/LB backup (or another winger in case Großkreutz does it). And we need a striker, whether Lewandowski leaves or not.

His transfer hasn't even been announced and we're discussing his wages being too high lol

Don't Clegg now baby, you know it's happening.

Because it's what he wants and we need a player of that talent and ability.

That's all it comes down to really.

The other clubs who want him can offer far more, we have to make a competitive offer.

Any regular follower of football will know who he is.

I remember being impressed by him last season and was shocked by how young he was.

FootballFan

Congratulations ManUtd-Bros.

You got yourselves a great young talent. We are stuck with fucking Cesc.. :(

It will be the De Gea situation.

He will make some mistakes, you will get mad and doubt him and his abilities. He will show flashes of brilliance and you will all cream yourselves. Soon enough he will pass one sided triangles around every team.

Good bye Thiago. :'(

gkEYOqc.jpg

1eClRoL.jpg

Viva that was obviously a very basic version of events. There are more dreamlike elements like how I killed one of those first guys: I was on top of a bunkbed, he was below with a knife, I dropped a knife and it stuck into his head but not enough to kill him. So I threw a full box of Lurpack and Bullseye! Right on the knife handle. Dead.

Tc91

Got Animal Crossing for £26 from Game, had some points on my reward card. Time to download it whilst I start watching The Sopranos.

@FF

Taking away the marketting rubbish,would you rather have had Neymar, Moura or Isco?

Obviously with Villa leaving Neymar was a higher priority, but still.

FootballFan

@FF

Taking away the marketting rubbish,would you rather have had Neymar, Moura or Isco?

Obviously with Villa leaving Neymar was a higher priority, but still.

I don't know... that is actually really tough to answer imo.

Isco follower since u17 WC, Moura is great and you can't deny Neymar's marke..skills.

I don't know is my answer.

Neymar or Isco

Neymar..I think

Arnie

Have you been watching videos of Henrikh?

Watch them all day.

:lol I've been watching them for weeks but have subsequently stopped because I've got a suspicion the deal has fallen through. Remember Papadopolous?

Thiago will be class, every time I've seen him for Barca I've been blown away. United need a defensive midfielder, though. Imagine Carrick, Fellaini, and Thiago, behind a Rooney, RVP, and Kagawa.

Nearly as good as Aspas, Coutinho, Alberto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom