• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Julian Schieber posts a pic of the pitch he played on in his youth. A guy writes:
"You clearly fouled (name of some guy) on this pitch at the U15 match! The goal shouldn't have been allowed!"

Probably the best thing you can get out of Schieber at BVB lol

:lol I've been watching them for weeks but have subsequently stopped because I've got a suspicion the deal has fallen through. Remember Papadopolous?

Thiago will be class, every time I've seen him for Barca I've been blown away. United need a defensive midfielder, though. Imagine Carrick, Fellaini, and Thiago, behind a Rooney, RVP, and Kagawa.

Nearly as good as Aspas, Coutinho, Alberto.

Honestly, I will not be happy if that's the plan

Sturridge and Coutinho: As good as they've been, they've not proven that they can be relied upon for an entire season
Aspas and Alberto: Never played in the PL before, one or both of them could easily underwhelm

@Hixx, Altidore must be better than the white Heskey

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BNBfU04CIAANS2S.jpg:large

Llorente in Ibiza with two former Juve players.

What's going on in Ibiza?

K1LLER7

I don't know... that is actually really tough to answer imo.

Isco follower since u17 WC, Moura is great and you can't deny Neymar's marke..skills.

I don't know is my answer.

Neymar or Isco

Neymar..I think
Moura will be better than both.
The next Rivaldo.

Wilbur

Banned
Personally I'd rather have Thiago. Not because I think he's a better player - indeed I haven't watched either enough to say definitively who is - , but because Isco plays where Rooney and Kagawa do, and Thiago plays deeper where we actually need players.

Arnold is right though; I'd love Fellaini or Strootman as well, would love to return to the fluid 4-3-3 we had with Ronaldo/Rooney/Tevez with RVP/Kagawa/Rooney or replacement there.

Personally I'd rather have Thiago. Not because I think he's a better player - indeed I haven't watched either enough to say definitively who is - , but because Isco plays where Rooney and Kagawa do, and Thiago plays deeper where we actually need players.

Arnold is right though; I'd love Fellaini or Strootman as well, would love to return to the fluid 4-3-3 we had with Ronaldo/Rooney/Tevez with RVP/Kagawa/Rooney or replacement there.

Is Rooney staying?

I'm going on TLoU if anyone wants to join me. If not, I'll go on SP

Wilbur

Banned
Hitch, I'll be on TLOU in 5/10 mins?

It's awesome supporting a team in financial dire straits :/

Yeah this probably all comes off as ridiculous to fans like yourself and L1nett and Mat.

Add in all Villa's transfer activity already, you're probably not a happy bunny.

Ce-Lin

Spanish TV interviewed Tahiti goalkeeper, that man is so awesome I'm his #1 fan from now on, also congrats to Uruguay, they never lost faith.

:lol I've been watching them for weeks but have subsequently stopped because I've got a suspicion the deal has fallen through. Remember Papadopolous?

Thiago will be class, every time I've seen him for Barca I've been blown away. United need a defensive midfielder, though. Imagine Carrick, Fellaini, and Thiago, behind a Rooney, RVP, and Kagawa.

Nearly as good as Aspas, Coutinho, Alberto.
Yeah we need 2.

Thiago + Fellaini would be great. Our midfield would go from average to pretty damn good.

Here's hoping.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Was Suarez shit yesterday? I imagine so if he was bought off while Cavani was left on, and they only had a 1 goal lead.

Yes. Both he and Cavani look like they'd rather be elsewhere sorting out their transfers, you'd never guess the two of them were £50m players based on their performances.

Tc91

Sky go fucking sucks. First of all you can't cap the streaming quality and now it's just cut off and I have to restart it all and go through all of the ads -_____-

K1LLER7

NeoGAF ITKs are more reliable.
@GafITK
Thiago transfer will be done next week, as will Isco to City.
Liverpool will have a player in for a medical within the next 2 weeks, can't say the player because my source won't allow it.
Dortmund are interested in a midfielder, preferably KDB
Moyes will take charge on July 1st.

Arnie

Want Uruguay out so we can sort Suarez's future out.

Hard to get excited about next season when you've got a £50 million asset up in the air. Realistically could Real afford both him and Cavani?

Ce-Lin

Rooney is a deadly striker, I watched Isco here in Granada a couple of months ago (Granada 1 - Málaga 0) and I was surprised how much he can adapt to other positions when needed, even if he's main role is attacking, I don't know, it was a pleasure to watch him play live and I don't want him to leave Spain so I can see him again next season, in case he wants to leave please not Madrid, for some reasons I hate both Madrid and Barcelona, Premier League would be alright.

Wilbur

Banned
Rooney is a deadly striker, I watched Isco here in Granada a couple of months ago (Granada 1 - Málaga 0) and I was surprised how much he can adapt to other positions when needed, even if he's main role is attacking, I don't know, it was a pleasure to watch him play live and I don't want him to leave Spain so I can see him again next season, in case he wants to leave please not Madrid, for some reasons I hate both Madrid and Barcelona, Premier League would be alright.

If he ends up at City you'll be able to watch him well enough on telly I'd assume? Do they show much PL there?

Want Uruguay out so we can sort Suarez's future out.

Hard to get excited about next season when you've got a £50 million asset up in the air. Realistically could Real afford both him and Cavani?

Nightmare scenario is missing our targets and going into the season with a banned Suarez essentially being a hole in the squad and a waste of wages, only to lose him at the end of August anyway. We should set a deadline where if the deal isn't done by then, it won;t be done until next summer. Like July 20th or something.

Wilbur

Banned
Hitch my bro is coming on as well

City's would still be better with Yaya + Fernandinho, I think.

But yeah it would be pretty great, Thiago and Fellaini are still young too.

Fernandinho and Yaya is an absolute beast base on paper, but Yaya needs to be motivated. Same with Fellaini, he looks like he can't be fucked sometimes but that might be because he wanted a move as opposed to general laziness.

I think he means in the stadium with 'live' in this case ;)

Granada is an awesome city btw. Dat Alhambra.

Oh I know, but he doesn't want him going to Madrid haha

The Reds playmaker has been handed the No.8 jersey by La Rojita for the finals, in which Conor Coady and Jon Flanagan will also compete for England U20s.

Essential telly in that case. Bit of debate going on RAWKside about whether Suso should play in CM or as a forward for us, I can't decide.

Arnie

Nightmare scenario is missing our targets and going into the season with a banned Suarez essentially being a hole in the squad and a waste of wages, only to lose him at the end of August anyway. We should set a deadline where if the deal isn't done by then, it won;t be done until next summer. Like July 20th or something.

Arnie ITK has actually obtained a screenshot of the email sent to Real Madrid just this morning regarding the matter.

4EMozoA.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom