• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Lol . Hard to imagine Man U dealing with us and why would Rooney come? His issue at Man U is he's not main striker but he won't be main striker with us either because that's Higuain. All going to plan anyway.

Rooney brutally stomps Higuain as a striker, tbh

The "Is TLOU the first literary game" thread is fucking mindbendingly awful.

I is college student innit.
Me can recognise theme.
Themes is good, innit
The more themes the better, no no ?
Matter fact, themes on top of themes equals literature, yes yes ?

He better do some essays on it, and film his professors reaction.

Lol . Hard to imagine Man U dealing with us and why would Rooney come? His issue at Man U is he's not main striker but he won't be main striker with us either because that's Higuain. All going to plan anyway.

He's too inconsistent. His wages are also fucking astronomical.

We're not buying him.

bud

i can't wait for the "we really need to get rid of moyes asap" posts before christmas even arrives

it's going to be glorious

arsenal will win the treble

Lightning

Banned
I hope Moyes doesn't sell him to us.

Let that already strained relationship fester next season.
I hope he doesn't too. He doesn't seem to be very good for morale when he doesn't get his way and throws his toys out of the pram a little too much. If he acts like a cunt to United its funny but he would do the same to us.

Rooney is a shocking idea. I want Higuain, don't want Rooney.

Salvadora

All part of the master plan for Arsenal to over take us.
  1. Arsene will lead him down the garden path with transfer talk only to pull out at the last moment.
  2. A distressed Rooney comfort eats/smokes all summer.
  3. Moyes gives him abuse
  4. Rooney creates discontent in the squad.
  5. Results begin to slide.
  6. Moyes out by Christmas.
  7. Kinnear in.

All according to keikaku.

Wilbur

Banned
At worst Moyes will come third while your 15 year man and French philosopher bundles into fourth after spending all his money on a less than clinical striker and ignoring massive deficiencies in all other aspects of the team.

L1NETT

Is Higuain nearly done? Would be nice to finally get the transfer roundabout moving. If Arsenal now buy Wanyama/Fellani then;

---------Higuain---------
Ox-----Cazorla----Walcott

---Wilshere---Wanyama/Fellani

Looks pretty tasty.

Salvadora

At worst Moyes will come third while your 15 year man and French philosopher bundles into fourth after spending all his money on a less than clinical striker and ignoring massive deficiencies in all other aspects of the team.
I don't know if you've heard, but this is our year mate.
Is Higuain nearly done? Would be nice to finally get the transfer roundabout moving. If Arsenal now buy Wanyama/Fellani then;

---------Higuain---------
Ox-----Cazorla----Walcott

---Wilshere---Wanyama/Fellani

Looks pretty tasty.
Guardian says that personal terms have been agreed (£130,000 wages) and it just needs to be rubber stamped by Madrid's incoming manager.

L1NETT

Guardian says that personal terms have been agreed (£130,000 wages) and it just needs to be rubber stamped by Madrid's incoming manager.

Ah, cool. He will be the highest paid player then?

Just lend us Gnabry, then if we sign Gary Taylor Fletcher and Bailey...then Championship here we come.

Lightning

Banned
What massive deficiencies? Striker is the biggest deficiency.

Just lend us Gnabry, then if we sign Gary Taylor Fletcher and Bailey...then Championship here we come.
Lend you Gnarby, why would we consider that?

1. Arsene will lead him down the garden path with transfer talk only to pull out at the last moment.
  3. Moyes gives him abuse
  7. Kinnear in.

:lol

I was actually reading an article today about how pre season under Moyes is the "hardest thing you will ever do" and all I could think was but Wazza.

Salvadora

Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 1h
Right. Don't shoot the messenger. I asked if Higuain is done as reported by Sky. I was told. "It's close". "Rooney next". Blimey.
DNT3PtX.jpg

Ah, cool. He will be the highest paid player then?

Yeah by a good £30,000 p/w I think.

I hope you do get Gnabry on loan! You'll love him.

Wilbur

Banned
What massive deficiencies? Striker is the biggest deficiency.

No, you have Walcott who can definitely finish, and for all the flak we give Giroud and Podolski they scored near 30 goals combined last year. Goals aren't your problem.

Wenger's constant indecision about a first choice goalkeeper and back four partnership is your problem. He puts Fabianski in for one game because of suspension and then decides he's first choice until he misses a game with a thigh strain, then Sczeszny is back to first choice. And neither is a Champions League quality goalkeeper.

You don't have one absolute top class defender; two good centre backs, a good left back, a good right back. But no world class ones.

Your best midfielders are a) offensive ones, b) getting old and c) coke heads.

rodvik

3. Moyes gives him abuse
  7. Kinnear in.

Awesome.

Lightning

Banned
No, you have Walcott who can definitely finish, and for all the flak we give Giroud and Podolski they scored near 30 goals combined last year. Goals aren't your problem.

Wenger's constant indecision about a first choice goalkeeper and back four partnership is your problem. He puts Fabianski in for one game because of suspension and then decides he's first choice until he misses a game with a thigh strain, then Sczeszny is back to first choice. And neither is a Champions League quality goalkeeper.

You don't have one absolute top class defender; two good centre backs, a good left back, a good right back. But no world class ones.

Your best midfielders are a) offensive ones, b) getting old and c) coke heads.
I don't agree with this. I agree regarding goal keeper but that's about it.

Our back 4 partnership is fine once you remove Vermaelen. Kos, Mertesacker, Gibbs/Monreal, Sagna/Jenkinson are fine and do not need replacing. World class cb will cost a lot of money and hardly any available, note even Barca are struggling to find one.

Our midfield is fine for the most part but a defensive mid is required. We tried to sign one in January but got rejected why would you assume one isn't coming in? Arteta is the player needing backup/replacing and Cazorla is not too old. I'll discard your snide smartass swipe at Wilshere, that's retarded.

For striker you cannot discount how many games we were held scoreless. Giroud scored his goals, 11 in the PL, mostly in games we were routing the opponent. Podolski is not a striker and his goals came when he was playing on the wing and when he played centre forward he was shit. Walcott is also best on the wing, he wants to be centre forward but he's not good enough for centre forward, but most of this assists and best efforts came from out wide. Higuain or a player like him is essential for depth and to help provide a steady stream of goals rather than 5/6/7 goals in one game followed by 0-0 or 0-1 loss.

We destroyed teams like Reading, Newcastle, Southampton with a lot of goals but for consistency massive massive issue, much more than the defence. In my opinion anyway.

You should wait until the end of the window before being cheeky with who we buy and what positions are strengthened. If Higuain is all we do then fair game it's not enough but you don't know that will be the case yet.

Yen

He shouldn't have made allegations about Wilshere, Lightning, he should've said he was a perma-crock who'll play 10-15 league games, and when he does play he is outclassed by the likes of Tom Cleverely.

Salvadora

He shouldn't have made allegations about Wilshere, Lightning, he should've said he was a perma-crock who'll play 10-15 league games, and when he does play he is outclassed by the likes of Tom Cleverely.

He was returning from long term injury.

We've already seen how good he can be.

Yeah, that's the craziest group I've seen in a while, Spain, France, Ghana and USA. Somehow, even with 6 groups, they managed to get a group like this.
Don't know how Ghana gets through this one

Is it on British TV?

Back on topic, what have been your 5 favourite MP moments on TLoU so far?

5: Flanking that team with me on one side and Wilbury on the other in the school. Drawwing the attention of a sniper and marking him so Wilbury can creep in from behind and turn him into a fleshy colinder

4: Healing Freewheelin' and noticing someone sprinting at us on the minimap, finishing the heal just in time, spinning around and shitting myself as I realise he'sright in my face and was about to shiv me, before emptying a pistol clip into his stomach and taking him down

3: Throwing a smoke bomb at someone, then sprinting at them and shiving them in the jugular before they can get their bearings

2: Watching Freewheelin' shoot the shit out of 2 idiots who tried throwing a smoke bomb at him and rushed at him through the smoke when he was the Last Man Standing

1: Being left 2on1, with no ammo and sprinting away from the enemy like a maniac, heart pounding. Find a supply box, desperate for ammo of any kind, but finding a molotov instead. Realise the opposition have seperated to attack me from both sides, prioritise the guy closest to me with the Molotov primed, and burn him to a crisp the second he sprint around the corner, before running through the flames to freedom and a well earned draw, and tied match.

Wish I could have heard the guy on the last one when he saw the bottle flying towards him.

Honourable mention to Sleepless creeping around and being surprised to find 3 people all facing away from him, and bizarrely having the reflex action to sprint in and start swinging his fists like a mosh-pitter, only to get absolutely battered by all 3 of them

Buy it for the SP, stay for the MP.

Meier

Kondogbia and Pogba in the midfield is ridiculous. France is going to muscle teams around for the next 10 years.

Really nice goal by Ghana.

Edit: OHHH almost just had another! I jinxed the Pog/Kondog pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom