• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

The US vs Spain U20s game is live on Europsort if you've got it, guys.

Nice goal from Jese. Good run and assist from Deliciousfoo

Mastadon

Banned
An Armenian dude on the Kuban Krasnodar board of directors claims that he owns 50% of the rights to Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Good luck, Liverpool!

Sounds like BS to me, I thought it was Ruben Hayrapetyan who owned about 20% of his rights. A £22m release clause for 50% of his rights is laughable.

Lightning

Banned
I was shitting on him the entire season because honestly he was far from being great and I wanted someone to replace him at Madrid. When the news came that he would be leaving I was glad because I thought we could finally get a new top striker...and now he's going to Arsenal instead :lol :lol. Fuck my life. If we do get him I hope he'll do much better with Arsenal, he deserves it but the latest season doesn't give me much hope. Pipita pls.
I blame Mourinho for Higuain last season. Too much disruption in that dressing room. Oh and if you exachange Morata for Suarez plus a stupid sum of money Madrid can get stuffed. No dealing with silly Lolerpool and get Cavani instead!

Higgy will be awesome for us. I've got a really good feeling about this one. Higuain will get at least 30 goals for us next season in all competitions. Book it. That's if we manage to get him of course, not confirmed yet.

Sounds like BS to me, I thought it was Ruben Hayrapetyan who owned about 20% of his rights. A £22m release clause for 50% of his rights is laughable.

Is it thought? Fernandinho's release clause was 50 million...

Oh and I got it wrong, this guy Mkrtchyan(what a name!) is actually Kuban Krasnodar's owner, not just a dude on their board. He says that he and Shakhtar own the rights 50/50.

Suen

I blame Mourinho for Higuain last season. Too much disruption in that dressing room. Oh and if you exachange Morata for Suarez plus a stupid sum of money Madrid can get stuffed. No dealing with silly Lolerpool and get Cavani instead!

Higgy will be awesome for us. I've got a really good feeling about this one. Higuain will get at least 30 goals for us next season in all competitions. Book it. That's if we manage to get him of course, not confirmed yet.
Disruption in dressing room, fragmented team, too much focus on Ronaldo, too much rotating between Benz and Higu as Turok pointed out very good before. All of that made him into a shit finisher and mainly being shit outside finishing.

Now about the Suarez-Cavani thing, Lightning you've read my mind! I want Cavani instead of Liverpool at Madrid. I was saying for quite a while that Mourinho should have given Morata more time to play in the first team. The thing is that I think Morata is going on a loan or will be sold with a buy-back clause because I doubt he's going to get a spot in the XI. Not if we're going to buy a new striker (and absolutely not if Bale is coming on top of that).

Brohug

together we'll stand strong
Together we stand strong with Andres!

Mastadon

Banned
Is it thought? Fernandinho's release clause was 50 million...

Oh and I got it wrong, this guy Mkrtchyan(what a name!) is actually Kuban Krasnodar's owner, not just a dude on their board. He says that he and Shakhtar own the rights 50/50.

Interesting. Just found a post on RAWK saying that Shakhtar own 50% and the Kuban guy and Ruben Hayrapetyan own the rest between them so god knows. I'm sure we were aware of this though, so who knows? Sounds like it could drag on.

Interesting. Just found a post on RAWK saying that Shakhtar own 50% and the Kuban guy and Ruben Hayrapetyan own the rest between them so god knows. I'm sure we were aware of this though, so who knows? Sounds like it could drag on.

Well this Mkrtchyan guy is also the co-owner of Metallurg Donetsk where Henrikh played before Shakhtar....so it is probable. He says he has the paperwork to prove his claim.

And yeah it seems like it's going to take a while...Shakhtar said they're expecting Mkhitaryan to join them June 23rd for preseason training.

The defense is absolutely getting worked but the US has some surprising creativity in attack. Look much better in that regard than the Senior team.

Deulofeu is unreal. Incredible pace.

Must be all the Mexicans playing for you. Don't worry, if any of them are good enough, they'll play for Mexico at the senior level.

Mastadon

Banned
Well this Mkrtchyan guy is also the co-owner of Metallurg Donetsk where Henrikh played before Shakhtar....so it is probable. He says he has the paperwork to prove his claim.

And yeah it seems like it's going to take a while...Shakhtar said they're expecting Mkhitaryan to join them June 23rd for preseason training.

I guess those guys want to get paid too so a deal maybe can be reached.

If not, Rakitic.

DominoKid

The defense is absolutely getting worked but the US has some surprising creativity in attack. Look much better in that regard than the Senior team.

Deulofeu is unreal. Incredible pace.

yeah were looking awfully diverse out here too. perhaps we can reap the benefits of that soon.

it's kind of funny watching Spain's kids. they have all of the skills, but none of the patience that comes w/ maturity. makes it more entertaining to watch though.

3Sixty

Our pre season.

Wednesday 17th July (7pm local time)

UE Llagostera vs Southampton – Estadi Josep Pla i Arbonès, Spain

Saturday 20th July (7pm local time)

Palamós CF vs Southampton – Nou Estadi Municipal de Palamós, Spain

Wednesday 24th July (6pm local time)

Southampton vs FC Schalke 04 – Stadion Villach Lind, Austria

Saturday 27th July (5pm local time)

Southampton vs Beşiktaş J.K. – Stadion Villach Lind, Austria

Saturday 3rd August (8pm local time)

Celta Vigo vs Southampton – Estadio Municipal de Balaídos

Saturday 10th August (3pm BST)

Southampton vs Real Sociedad – St Mary’s

----

Some decent sides there

Lightning

Banned
Sunderland sell Mignolet to Liverpool and now want to sign Mannone? Are Sunderland desperate to be relegated...

And how good is Rui Patricio? I don't watch many, any, Sporting games.

L1NETT

UK Gaf? Apparently Tesco have started selling COH 2 early? I am going down to my local to investigate. Anyone else seen em?

Meier

Oh dear another for Jese. US defense was caught sleeping. Terrible defending there, reminded me of FIFA clubs with someone playing a striker as fullback and just constantly being on attack.

Arnie

Lovely ball from Suso to create that third goal.

Just seen that Mkhitaryan hit a fuckoff snag. Was a pipe dream anyway.

Meier

993060_10151547504357946_1255418053_n.jpg

Decent little photoshop posted by Fox Soccer on Facebook. Probably as convincing of one as I've seen in awhile.

Ce-Lin

If he ends up at City you'll be able to watch him well enough on telly I'd assume? Do they show much PL there?

yeah every match, I watch all I can, I prefer the PL football over La Liga football, as for La Liga I watch Granada (live, of course) and on TV Málaga, Valencia, Sevilla, Atlético de Madrid and sometimes (rare) Madrid and Barcelona, I sort of dislike their continuous dominance thanks to their TV contracts, now that's boring.

Reports from the motherland say that Arshavin to Zenit is imminent. Welcome home, sweet prince! Let's hope you get your form back, would love to see at the World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom