• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
A LGBT supporters' group is set to represent Arsenal Football Club at the London Pride Parade taking place in central London this Saturday, June 29.

Representatives of The Gay Gooners, who have grown to over 30 members since launching earlier this year, will join the Parade this weekend alongside more than 150 other groups to highlight the Club’s ongoing commitment to equality and diversity.

What are these strange feelings....respect for Arsenal?

George North is a fucking hero.

Christ, that's a stretch of a kick even for 1/2p

Edit: Yup, least he didn't Courtney Beale it. Chris Patterson would've made that...

Update with new (and possible/probable) signings. Fucking more than formidable, guys.

3-5-2

------------------------Buffon----------------------------
---Bar-------Bonny(Ogbonny)------Chiellini----
-Licht(Cacer)-------------------------Asa(Kola)---
------------------------Pirlo(Pogba)-------------------
-----------Vidal----------------------Marchisio-------
----------Tevez/Gio(Jovetic?)----------------------
------------------------------Llorente(Vucinic)---------

4-3-3

-Licht(Cac)--Barz(Ogb)---Chiell(Bon)---Kolarov(Peluso)-
----------------------Pirlo(Pogba)---------------------------
---------Vidal-----------------------Marchisio--------------
--Tevez(Pepe)--------------------------Vuc/Gio(Jojo?)-
---------------------Llorente/Tevez--------------------------

Since we're signing Ogbonna, and we're possibly in for Jovetic and Kolarov, I think somehow Marry might actually have somehow done better than the past two years when we got Pirlo, Licht, Barzagli, Pogba, Vidal etc. It's looking very promising and, unlike in the past, when we get linked with players we actually sign them.

I'm thinking we might also end up pipping Milan and signing Andrea Poli. I hope so. Our priority now has to be LB with Kolarov and maybe even Jovetic, but I'd like to see Poli come as well.

---

Timerda, I know you don't show that Ogbonna leaving is a big deal, but let's be frank: he's a fantastic and promising defender and you could have used him for another year.

And, I'm sorry, but Immobile is not living up to his potential--Serie B top goal scorer under Zeman is no real metric. But he is co-owned so I hope he does well for you and us.

Clegg

Very poor performance from both sides.

Should have won it today.

Warburton was excellent today but went off injured. It'll be a massive loss if he can't play next week.

£6m for Kolarov. DO IT MARRY.

Edit: apparently funding this by selling Reto Ziegler, who we got on a free and never played a single game in our shirt, for about 4m euros.

pulga

Banned
Update with new (and possible/probable) signings. Fucking more than formidable, guys.

3-5-2

4-3-3

Huff puff huff this is what United fans feel like when they wank off

Ryder

Is this Britins strongest squad? I heard they have a few players out. And isnt this tour during their club season I thought they play in summer. So they are missing for their club team??

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

3-5-2

Admittedly, I know very little about Ogbonny, but can he replace Bonucci in our back three? I don't think anyone can except for Marrone. He would be Chiellini's back up in this formation or a (rather average) left wingback.

fadetoblack said:
4-3-3

My personal favourite! What a fucking bloodbath up front.
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

Come on Marry, ONE MOAR PLAYAR /Mancini

1b.Locker-Room-Scudetto-celebrations_Marotta-champagne2.jpg

It's weird that he's getting business done so early this year, too. It's not even July.

Conte must have said some mean things in that meeting about the future and lit a fire under Marry,

Ogbonna is no Rugani!

daniele-rugani.jpg

Clegg

Is this Britins strongest squad? I heard they have a few players out. And isnt this tour during their club season I thought they play in summer. So they are missing for their club team??
Not the strongest.

Healy and O'Connell would have started but both are injured. Regular season in Europe is finished. The Australians are right in the middle of their season though.

@Shake: the one thing I'm disappointed is that we haven't really done a good job at surfacing top quality talent from our primavera, excepting Marchisio. I don't know if Rugani will be any different, as I don't know the player at all. And I guess the dream of Sorensen becoming a world class CB is fading.

@Zab: dat italian definition of "young player." To be fair, 25 is still very young for a defender. I mean, a player like Barzagli who uses his ability to read play rather than sheer physical strength has demonstrated how you can be a starting defender well into your thirties (at least in Italy).

Admittedly, I know very little about Ogbonny, but can he replace Bonucci in our back three? I don't think anyone can except for Marrone. He would be Chiellini's back up in this formation or a (rather average) left wingback.

My personal favourite! What a fucking bloodbath up front.
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

Come on Marry, ONE MOAR PLAYAR /Mancini

1b.Locker-Room-Scudetto-celebrations_Marotta-champagne2.jpg

Ogbonna is a highly mobile defender and very adept at long passes. So, pretty much exactly like Bonucci I think.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's weird that he's getting business done so early this year, too. It's not even July.

Conte must have said some mean things in that meeting about the future and lit a fire under Marry,

Ogbonna is no Rugani!

daniele-rugani.jpg

Yeah
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
Apparently Conte 'demanded' we finish all our business before pre-season, which makes sense..

Our primavera players are just bargaining chips I'm afraid. :( Edit: Beaten by fadetoblack

Ogbonna is a highly mobile defender and very adept at long passes. So, pretty much exactly like Bonucci I think.

NICE!
3AQmK.gif

qindarka

Banned
I'm getting frustrated waiting for Van Ginkel to get done, let alone this bloody Cavani transfer saga. There's more reports out of Italy, supported by that hack Tancredi Palmeri, that Chelsea have agreed personal terms pending an agreement on the transfer fee. Doubtless it will come to nothing. Not that personal terms were ever the sticking point anyway.

@Shake: the one thing I'm disappointed is that we haven't really done a good job at surfacing top quality talent from our primavera, excepting Marchisio. I don't know if Rugani will be any different, as I don't know the player at all. And I guess the dream of Sorensen becoming a world class CB is fading.
There are quite a few exciting prospects, though I don't know if any of them are ultimately going to be first team players. Padovan and Beltrame up front (Beltrame was the one who came on for the end of one first-team game this season as a substitute); Schiavone, Sakor, and Mattiello in midfield; Rugani, Magnusson, and Pol Garcia in defence; Branescu in goal.

Don't forget Gio and PDC came through the Primavera too, though I guess they're not exactly "top quality".

We also have a lot of young players we bought in working hard at other clubs, but only Leali, Gabriel, Bouy, Boakye, and Gabbiadini look like they could be Juve players in the long-term.

I know the management of the club want to boost the youth sector, but we are very far from being Barcelona, or even Ajax. Or even Southampton.

Wilbur

Banned
<3<3

I hope Giggs stays at United forever.

Shut up he's brilliant

Coaching badges baby!

#GiggsScholesNevilleNevilleFuture #believe

Imagine Giggs as manager, Nev as assistant, Scholes and Phil and Butt as coaches, Beckham as marketing director. Trebles every year

Fintan

I'm getting frustrated waiting for Van Ginkel to get done, let alone this bloody Cavani transfer saga. There's more reports out of Italy, supported by that hack Tancredi Palmeri, that Chelsea have agreed personal terms pending an agreement on the transfer fee. Doubtless it will come to nothing. Not that personal terms were ever the sticking point anyway.

Mirror reporting that we're interested in Lewandowski, what do you think? Wouldn't mind him if we're not getting Cavani. He'd presumably be cheaper.

qindarka

Banned
Mirror reporting that we're interested in Lewandowski, what do you think? Wouldn't mind him if we're not getting Cavani. He'd presumably be cheaper.

Think he has his heart set on Bayern. The Mirror is on my list of very, very unreliable sources in any case.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

I think Cuntredi is quoting SportMediaset this time.

260px-Sportmedia_u.png

Which is the equivalent of the Daily Mail quoting The Sun. And yeah, agreeing 'personal terms' means fuck all, trust me.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

You'll get Baines, stop moaning.

So this random bloke on twitter with 19 followers just favorited one of my tweets, I didn't recognise the name so I clicked on his profile, had a little scroll and noticed a tweet from 2 days ago: 'Arnold Bennet ~ The moment youre born youre done for.'

wut

qindarka

Banned
It's amazing that some people still think Palmeri is reliable after all the shit he posts. I remember just last month, he said that Chelsea were close to getting Boateng and it was subsequently never referred to again.

And Mediaset has been a joke throughout this Cavani saga. I believe they reported that Chelsea have signed him at least twice.

Arnie

So this random bloke on twitter with 19 followers just favorited one of my tweets, I didn't recognise the name so I clicked on his profile, had a little scroll and noticed a tweet from 2 days ago: 'Arnold Bennet ~ The moment youre born youre done for.'

wut
What the fuuuuccckkk

Might be time for me to go dark. Radio silence.

Salazar

Arnold Bennett was a bellend of a novelist.

His diaries are good reading, though. Endless bragging about how much (as in, word counts - what a fucking prat) he's written. Endless moaning about headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom