• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shagwell

I may have mentioned this before but I need to reiterate it.

Gossip Girl is fucking brilliant.

I may be new to this thread but I can honestly say that is not something I ever expected to hear (read?) you saying.

Although Blake Lively is one foxy mama.

I wouldn't doubt it. Germany is our last hope.

I can't remember if Spain were invited last time around like Japan was.

Mybe it was in my dreams, but I think they were in fact invited, or at least there were rumours. It would have been too much for the players anyways.

I don't want Spain to win this cup, to be honest. I wish Mexico or japan went through and knocked us out :D

Messi

Mybe it was in my dreams, but I think they were in fact invited, or at least there were rumours. It would have been too much for the players anyways.

I don't want Spain to win this cup, to be honest. I wish Mexico or japan went through and knock us out :D

I wish Brazil had taken Ronaldinho so I could see him lift one more trophy. :(

Yenrot, spill what did he say.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Indulging in a bit of hyperbole but a team that holds 75% possession in 90 minutes of football and only manages six shots on target doesn't exactly scream incisive attacking football.

Except that a vast majority of their time is spent in the opposing players midfield, and they have a lot of shots on goal per match.

You know, exactly the opposite of catenaccio

bud23

Uruguay, they are so boring and defensive, too scared to try attacking, this won't let Spain shine.

Ironic.

Spain has some of the most wonderful and creative players in the world and they limit themselves to playing in a predictable, uninspired way. There is no passion, there is no verticality, it´s all a 9-5 work, a single-sided team without plan B, pass the ball, pass the ball and pass the ball ad infinitum, with, that´s true, a perfect precision.. this has worked very well for them so far.. and what?

They are successful, that´s a fact, but they are boring, they are fucking boring, they are so fucking boring, that´s another fact.

Spain is so fucking boring, time to face it.

Clegg

I may be new to this thread but I can honestly say that is not something I ever expected to hear (read?) you saying.

Although Blake Lively is one foxy mama.

It's quality television.

I'll watch anything that's good, regardless of subject matter. And it's good to watch something a bit more light hearted every once in a while.

Ce-Lin

stop embarrasing yourself man. Look around.

nice one, ok, can't take any more trolling, yeah defensive and boring Spain humiliated Uruguay... a team that tonight could barely play but scored a lovely free kick, I'll stop there, it's up to you to believe it was Spain' fault the game was boring (subjectively) or just Uruguay attitude of not even trying... if they tried they knew Spain would have scored a bunch more, an entertaining game but 5-1, ask Italy.

Arnie

So Telegraph is reporting we've triggered MKH's release clause. You seen this Arnold?

If Ian bags the Armenian I'll buy a Harley Davidson.

Execute the clause, sell the vision, give his family some Anfield memorabilia, and offer him the number 11 shirt.

Papa fell through though so i'm scoping this one out good and proper before I go cordycep crazy over this one.

Shagwell

Except that a vast majority of their time is spent in the opposing players midfield, and they have a lot of shots on goal per match.

You know, exactly the opposite of catenaccio

Well, a couple of things. One, I said it was possessional catenaccio, as in you lot really aren't going anywhere with it despite holding onto the ball. That doesn't mean you have to hang onto it in your own half for it qualify. It's just a term I threw out there to mean that you keep possession for possession's sake an incredible amount of the time. Yeah, in the first half there was some hundred passes completed by Spain in the final third. Amazing. How many of those were forward passes that attempted to get in behind the defence? Not many. Second, like I said, despite 75%, seventy-fucking-five, which is just an incredible practically unprecedented amount of possession, you managed six shots on target. That's about as much as Stoke muster when they play their park-the-bus game.

Anyway, senor Raging Spaniard, enjoy your victory. End of the day whether I like your lot's football or not you're the best national team on the planet, have been, and will continue to be for years yet. If I were you I wouldn't care what people were saying!

Suen

Cavani played a bad game. Tired and his mind was elsewhere. He's really disappointing me lately.

Can always count on Suarez. Dude is golden.
He's been pretty bad on national level, it's very disappointing because he's such a beast at club level :/

Okay the last of us is amazing. Played about an hour and a half, loving it immeasurably so far
Why is glorious Monaco not on the list in the first page?

Ce-Lin

They are successful, that´s a fact, but they are boring, they are fucking boring, they are so fucking boring, that´s another fact.

Spain is so fucking boring, time to face it.

you should watch the other team, when Spain is passing the ball around and keeping possession the other team just watch, too scared of letting Spain through, it's not Spain fault the rest of the teams except The Netherlands and Portugal play so defensive and scared against them, they make the game boring, Spain always facing a huge wall of defenses and yet managing to score goals, what should they do ? think about it.

Salsa

nice one, ok, can't take any more trolling, yeah defensive and boring Spain humiliated Uruguay... a team that tonight could barely play but scored a lovely free kick, I'll stop there, it's up to you to believe it was Spain' fault the game was boring (subjectively) or just Uruguay attitude of not even trying... if they tried they knew Spain would have scored a bunch more, an entertaining game but 5-1, ask Italy.

im done with the convo but to say that the reason why Spain was boring and didnt score more is because the other team didnt "try" is like.. your own fucked up knee-jerk logic doesnt make sense dude, sorry.

"the other team was playing bad so that's why we didnt score more!"

whatevs, already said what I had to say and those who can appreciate the sport to a level other than "LOL GO MY TEAM WE GODLY" hopefully cared about it.

also Spaniard are you playing animal crossing, I need good artists on my FL to steal their pixel art :p

Arnie

Think it's more immediate than imminent.

Nobody really knows, but he got injured in Novemeber, was meant to be back before the end of the season, and didn't make it. There's talk of him aggravating it again and being sidelined for a couple more months. Worrying stuff for a 20 year old.

Ce-Lin

im done with the convo but to say that the reason why Spain was boring and didnt score more is because the other team didnt "try" is like.. your own fucked up knee-jerk logic doesnt make sense dude, sorry.

also Spaniard are you playing animal crossing, I need good artists on my FL to steal their pixel art :p

ok convo over but it takes two to tango, never forget that, you can dream the only team playing would be your favorite, but there's always another one making things better or worse for the fans, this time it was Uruguay not trying but whatever, I don't care, another win, another humiliation, 3 points, good start... we can at least agree to disagree.

and yeah I should start playing Animal Crossing soon, I'm trying to clear my backlog atm but it's on my "soon to play" list, nite Salsa and everyone, sorry the game wasn't enjoyable for all, this is football, hope Tahiti bring some entertaining vertical football and emotion instead of 10 men defending ! not happening but whatever, nite and take care everyone, see you next match :D

K1LLER7

My eternal scorn.

moyesmain.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player

"the other team was playing bad so that's why we didnt score more!"

whatevs, already said what I had to say and those who can appreciate the sport to a level other than "LOL GO MY TEAM WE GODLY" hopefully cared about it.

I am playing but Im actually not doing a lot of art, Im pretty burned out due to my dayjob :p

Arnie

So Rafa wants Morata, which confirms he's the new Torres, which means we have to demand him as part of the Suarez deal. Get on the Sony Xperia, Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom