• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

That avatar is fine.

omar-indeed.jpg

Messi

Watching Boardwalk Empire season 1, this show is very fun to watch. Very happy for steve buschemi. Is it still good in its most recent season?

Zabojnik

You guys should totally set up a live stream of the Last Of Us multiplayer, so 'the rest of us' could watch and comment, telling you to shut the fuck up about it in the thread.

FootballFan

Oh Zab you want us to talk about LoU more? Okay.

The Last of Us is great. Only played 2-3 hours of SP and about 4 hours MP, but it's been incredibly impressive and fun in that time.

Expected some zombie Left4Dead sort of game(stayed away from gameplay vids and only saw the first trailer, so I didn't really know much).

Puppeteer, Beyond: two souls, GT6 and GTA V should be a good ending for the ps3. Feel like I forgot another big game.

K1LLER7

Oh Zab you want us to talk about LoU more? Okay.

The Last of Us is great. Only played 2-3 hours of SP and about 4 hours MP, but it's been incredibly impressive and fun in that time.

Expected some zombie Left4Dead sort of game(stayed away from gameplay vids and only saw the first trailer, so I didn't really know much).

Puppeteer, Beyond: two souls, GT6 and GTA V should be a good ending for the ps3. Feel like I forgot another big game.
Dark Souls 2.

FootballFan

I still need to get TLoU.

Probably sold out everywhere though.

I was surprised/happy to see Last of Us sold out everywhere I went. I cancelled my pre-order so I had to go buy it.

Only place that had it was charging $40 more. No wonder it didn't sell out there.

rodvik

Is the mirror banned? About to find out.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joe-kinnears-newcastle-return-mistake-filled-1959361?

Some of the text below. Comedy gold. Sorry NewcastleGAffers but you have to admit this is funny stuff.

Toon's proposed new director of football unable to pronounce Ben Arfa, Cabaye or Ameobi and makes string of other errorsNewcastle fans claim their club has been turned into a laughing stock after new director of football Joe Kinnear gave a cringeworthy defence of his job .

The former Toon boss gave a radio interview a day after he announced himself that he had taken the position at St James’ Park.

Kinnear took to the airwaves after the appointment was greeted with widespread criticism from the Magpies' fans.

But instead of clarifying his position, he launched into a gaffe-strewn rant against the fans and media, while repeatedly getting the names wrong of players and management wrong – including pronouncing Yohan Cabaye as ‘Cabab’.

He also claimed to have signed a player who had already been at the club for several years when he arrived.

He referred to managing director Derek Lambias as ‘Lambezee’, Yohan Cabaye as ‘Cababs’, Shola Ameobi as 'Amanobi', Jonas Gutierrez as 'Gaultierez' and Hatem Ben Arfa as both ‘Ben Afrie’ and 'Ben Afra'.

When asked about supporter unrest, he said on talkSPORT: “Look at my record. These people ask what have I done. Where have these people been - on another planet? I’ve played in five Cup Finals and won the lot. I played more than 400 games for Tottenham Hotspur.

“Already they’re jumping on the bandwagon and saying, ‘look out, Pards’. But I expect it, it’s water off a duck’s a**e.”

Kinnear, who actually made 258 appearances for Spurs, said he will meet manager Alan Pardew on Tuesday as both men attempt to establish some boundaries.

The 66-year-old, who managed the Geordies in the 2008-09 season - which ended in them being relegated from the Premier League - claimed to have brought keeper Tim Krul, who made his Magpies debut in 2006, to the club.

He also claimed to have paid £50,000 for striker Dean Holdworth when Wimbledon manager (actual figure: £720,000) and to have been Manager of the Year three times (he was LMA Manager of the Year in 1994).

Reliving his infamous rant at reporters in October 2008, Kinnear also claimed his Newcastle side had beaten Spurs that night, 2-1.

However, the incident happened on a Thursday, and the Magpies had not played since the previous Saturday - when they LOST 2-1 to Blackburn.

Clegg

That's City's 2008 jersey. I doubt Isco would have one lying around to wear.

I also doubt that he'd be foolish enough to pose for pictures in a City jersey before hes actually signed for them.

Meier

WoodenLung is good at seeing fakes but he is probably sleeping.

I think that would be an odd way of showing what team he is going to though..

The image is from last year apparently. I saw a reference to it in the comments section of an article about us being confident so I googled and came across it posted back in December 2012. That plus Pellegrini? Follow your footballing father, Francisco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom