• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyone who gets up before 9am, have a guess as to who your first three opponents will be in the new season.

Everton (H)
Manchester United (A)
Cardiff (A)

I guess Chelsea will have there second game as a midweek game to make sure we have played our game in hand before the Super Cup. I know this will be completely wrong :lol

Tegris

Liverpool fixture prediction:

Manchester United (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)

But really...
Fulham (H)
Hull (A)
Tottenham (H)

Honduras would destroy New Zealand in the home game, so yeah not happening.

New Zealand beat Honduras 1-0 last year in Dallas, where there was far more Honduran support. I think it would be pretty close.

Zabojnik

Capello will sign for PSG tomorrow

wut

Edit: A one year deal.

Condolances, Timulove. You'll win Ligue 1 in November, unfortunately that's also when your CL campaign will be over. Capello is the fucking worst. And he won us two scudettos.

Grand. Odd ache but nothing lying in bed watching the West Wing can't fix :)

Who far along are you with West Wing?

Have you guys played Metro: Last Light? GOTY for me so far

I've given it two hours for now. Nice atmosphere and all, gameplay is standard FPS so far. Pretty fucking boring.

You guys are fucking freaks.

Felipe, you must be the least sexualized Brazilian I know.

LOL what a joke. Honduras' best player is an unknown who probably plays in the A League or Honduran league. Not hammer of the year.

Our best players play in the Premier League. We play against Mexico, Usa and C.R. to try to qualify to a World Cup, not Tahiti. Any team from the Hex(except Jamaica) has a better playing level than New Zealand.

Edit: Also, even though New Zealand has played in the weakest Fifa qualifing zone, it has only been to same amount of world cups (2) as Honduras.

FootballFan

Our best players play in the Premier League. We play against Mexico, Usa and C.R. to try to qualify to a World Cup, not Tahiti. Any team from the Hex(except Jamaica) has a better playing level than New Zealand.

USA would be the only tough team, Mexico would win but not easily, the rest are all piece of cake.

Who was undefeated at the 2010 World Cup? Spain? Nope, New Zealand.

Who was hammer of the year for West Ham? Winston Reid. Captain Winston Reid.

Honduras' best player? Relegated with Wigan. LOL

And their other best player? Hull City, just got promoted. After he ran away from relegating Wigan.

USA would be the only tough team, Mexico would win but not easily, the rest are all piece of cake.

Who was undefeated at the 2010 World Cup? Spain? Nope, New Zealand.

Who was hammer of the year for West Ham? Winston Reid. Captain Winston Reid.

I really hope you are not being serious. One player > a whole team right? Honduras was in the top 8 team in London 2012, which is a more recent scenario than the World Cup. You will be up to a rough wake up in November.

Edit: And also even though Honduras is a shitty 3rd world country, it has richer football history than New Zealand. Why are you on denial? You can use Wikipedia to look it up.

FootballFan

I really hope you are not being serious. One player > a whole team right? Honduras was in the top 8 team in London 2012, which is a more recent scenario than the World Cup. You will be up to a rough wake up in November.

Make sure you PM me when Honduras are undefeated in ANY tournament, let alone the World Cup.

All Whites play the most amateur stoke way but it works. 5-4-1 formation. All the goals come from set pieces, it's something Honduras don't get to practice against a lot.

Goal against Bahrain to send NZ to world cup? Corner. Goal vs Italy? Freekick cross. Goal vs Slovakia? Cross and header. All Whites won't try dribble past your players like Mexico or CR would.

Make sure you PM me when Honduras are undefeated in ANY tournament, let alone the World Cup.

All Whites play the most amateur stoke way but it works. 5-4-1 formation. All the goals come from set pieces, it's something Honduras don't get to practice against a lot.

Honduras was the undefeated champion in its region in 2011. In the Copa America 2001 we were third after Colombia and Mexico, defeating Uruguay. And currently we are qualifying to must U-17(We eliminated the US U-17 for the current U-17 World Cup) and U-21 World Cups.

I'm not saying New Zealand is a bad team, but I doubt it would "easily" defeat any team in the current Hex.

Edit: I'll make sure to PM you.

FootballFan

Honduras was the undefeated champion in its region in 2011. In the Copa America 2001 we were third after Colombia and Mexico, defeating Uruguay. And currently we are qualifying to must U-17(We eliminated the US U-17 for the current U-17 World Cup) and U-21 World Cups.

I'm not saying New Zealand is a bad team, but I doubt it would "easily" defeat any team in the current Hex.

Hey man my beef with Honduras is directed at Pulga, because he is a cunt. Haha, but he doesn't seem to be on. <3 Hope we can still be GAF-friends.

I went to the All Whites - Honduras match here(last year I think). Smeltz missed an easy penalty to win the game in the 90th.

I am just being over-confident as usual, but I also think people underestimate All Whites' shitty tactics and ability to win with 10% possession.

Teams like Tahiti beat All Whites because they give the All Whites the ball. And they don't know what do with the ball, they want corners/freekicks/long balls/counter-attacks. Not 1-2s, through balls, tikitaka and screamers.

FootballFan, you're a Spaniard living in New Zealand, right?

I'm not Spanish, I'm Catalan. I consider myself more of a kiwi though, spent most of my life here(no, not 44 years lol).

Slizz

That Heat game.......

tumblr_mofo0phM7j1suic96o8_250.gif

Can't wait to be celebrating a back to back Thursday night/Friday morn.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
GdS: Juve ridiculously close to Tevez. Just a matter of finding the best possible exit strategy from City.

Zabojnik

GdS: Juve ridiculously close to Tevez. Just a matter of finding the best possible exit strategy from City.

Say we actually manage to sign him. What then? Do we (try to) sell Matri/Quags and give the Jovetic deal another go, or is our striking force then complete with Llorente, Tevez, Vucinic, Giovinco and one between Matri/Quaglia or maybe Gabbiadini and we go looking for a proper winger? I consider Ogbonna to be a Juve player already.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
They want 15 and we're offering 12.

WHY are we a bunch of CUNTS when it comes to money? It seems like we're always offering 3m less than whatever the fuck they want.

@Zabo

LLorente, Tevez and Vucinic is good enough for me. We're still trying to get Jojo, the latest offer is 15m + FULL ownership of Marrone + Gabby...

Can't believe we got 15.5m + 2m bonus ontop of that 2m loan fee.

West ham paid us 20m for Andy Carroll and are giving him 100k p/w on a six year contract. Thats 51.7m on Andy Carroll.

Madness.

Madness was paying £35m for him in the first place. That's the sort of reckless, silly-money nonsense that makes me despise the big clubs. What a fucking joke.

Also, name one other striker who could adequately fill Andy Carroll's role, 25 or under, who would cost less and would likely be willing to come play for West Ham. We don't have the luxury of being an attractive club with a rich European footballing history that all the big boys are clamouring to play for, nor can we break the bank with extravagant transfer offers (this is about as extravagant as it gets for us). Our only option is to pay overinflated wages for a player with an overinflated reputation - he might prove to be a very costly buy in the long run, but he's better than Carlton Cole, so fuck it.

Zabojnik

@Zabo

LLorente, Tevez and Vucinic is good enough for me. We're still trying to get Jojo, the latest offer is 15m + FULL ownership of Marrone + Gabby...

They're good enough for me too, but on the other hand ... they're all fast approaching 30. Since Jovetic is a bitch to get, what about Ljajic? He's in his last year at Fiorentina and doesn't seem keen on extending his contract. Same agent as Jovetic too. They couldn't possibly ask for more than 15M€.

We need a fucking winger. Why is it nobody is talking about that? It's almost like Marotta is planning something in the shadows. Which he isn't capable of doing. So what gives?

Yen

Who far along are you with West Wing?
Middle of S2.
Madness was paying £35m for him in the first place. That's the sort of reckless, silly-money nonsense that makes me despise the big clubs. What a fucking joke.

Also, name one other striker who could adequately fill Andy Carroll's role, 25 or under, who would cost less and would likely be willing to come play for West Ham.
Matt Smith from Oldham.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We need a fucking winger. Why is it nobody is talking about that? It's almost like Marotta is planning something in the shadows. Which he isn't capable of doing. So what gives?
We're working on an indirect swap deal between Zuniga (28) and Isla (24). :/

I'm still not completely sold on Ljajic. He was better than Jojo last season though

Mastadon

Banned
They're good enough for me too, but on the other hand ... they're all fast approaching 30. Since Jovetic is a bitch to get, what about Ljajic? He's in his last year at Fiorentina and doesn't seem keen on extending his contract. Same agent as Jovetic too. They couldn't possibly ask for more than 15M€.

Stewart Downing looks increasingly likely to leave Liverpool. Call it £10m?

Lucescu(Shakhtar's coach) said that Liverpool offered to pay Mkhitaryan's release clause but Shakhtar turned them down. Badass, I didn't even know you could do that. Dortmund should have done that with Gotze.

What next Brentan?

Mastadon

Banned
Lucescu(Shakhtar's coach) said that Liverpool offered to pay Mkhitaryan's release clause but Shakhtar turned them down. Badass, I didn't even know you could do that. Dortmund should have done that with Gotze.

What next Brentan?

You can't do that, that's the whole fucking point of a release clause :lol :lol

Zabojnik

We're working on an indirect swap deal between Zuniga (28) and Isla (24). :/

I'm still not completely sold on Ljajic. He was better than Jojo last season though

I ain't either, but then again, I'm not a 100% sold on Joveti&#263;. Ljajic would cost us a lot less and if we are to gamble, let's do it while we have Llorente, Vucinic and possibly Tevez in the squad.

I love how every newspaper is using the word 'blitz' to describe Marry's trips to England, Spain, etc. They're now even announcing future 'blitzes'. How can it be a fucking blitz, if you know it's gonna happen a week in advance, lol.

Tevez + Nani. COME ON MARRY.

Walshy

Also, name one other striker who could adequately fill Andy Carroll's role, 25 or under, who would cost less and would likely be willing to come play for West Ham. We don't have the luxury of being an attractive club with a rich European footballing history that all the big boys are clamouring to play for, nor can we break the bank with extravagant transfer offers (this is about as extravagant as it gets for us). Our only option is to pay overinflated wages for a player with an overinflated reputation - he might prove to be a very costly buy in the long run, but he's better than Carlton Cole, so fuck it.
It was reckless to buy him at that price in the first place but our owners didn't want us to be perceived as a selling club after selling our best player in their first transfer window. In hindsight though, it was idiotic of the club not to realise that Torres could leave the club after it had been heavily linked away from the club for over a year. The fact they didn't act sooner just screamed to be unprofessional. On the last day of the window we tried for loads of different strikers before going for Carroll, I remember us having bids for Llorente and Gomez both turned down. Newcastle knew the situation we were in and held us to ransom, where we should of just waited till summer anyway.

Oh and don't get me wrong, Carroll will do a good job for you. Just it's crazy to see the amount of money you've spent on him, especially his wages. You'll get a decent player but a six year deal is a bit much don't you think? Especially on 100k p/w.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom