• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

Lucescu(Shakhtar's coach) said that Liverpool offered to pay Mkhitaryan's release clause but Shakhtar turned them down. Badass, I didn't even know you could do that. Dortmund should have done that with Gotze.

What next Brentan?
You can't turn down a release clause :lol.

Lucescu(Shakhtar's coach) said that Liverpool offered to pay Mkhitaryan's release clause but Shakhtar turned them down. Badass, I didn't even know you could do that. Dortmund should have done that with Gotze.

What next Brentan?

Shakhtar's coach doesn't know what a release clause is. :lol

Edit: ^ oh nevermind

Carbonox

Newcastle's deal with Douglas was supposed to be finalised this week. He's supposed to be a pretty decent defender and he's FREE. But no, Joe Kinnear has pulled out cos he has other targets.

#BasedKinnear

Oh and don't get me wrong, Carroll will do a good job for you. Just it's crazy to see the amount of money you've spent on him, especially his wages. You'll get a decent player but a six year deal is a bit much don't you think? Especially on 100k p/w.

It's 5 years with an option for a 6th, but yes, I'd agree it's silly to so completely smash our wage structure like that. (55k a week was our top wage before we took Carroll & Joe Cole on loan). Unfortunately, that's what it took to sign Carroll. He didn't seem at all interested in staying on the 80k a week he was getting from Liverpool. Maybe if we had some other realistic targets to chase, or if so much of Sam's game plan wasn't based around utilising a player like Carroll, then we could have called his bluff and got him for less if no other offers transpired, but I'd guess that the manager wanted all this sorted as soon as possible.

1013422_198751253615535_1473731438_n.jpg

I know this is certainly bullshit but thought I would post it anyway :lol

Tegris

Llambias has resigned apparently. I would too if my new employee couldn't even pronounce my name properly.

EDIT: Beaten.

Carbonox

Was Lambezee any good at his job?

Bit of a mug like Mike Ashley but he was probably the only guy in the club who knew how to say the right things, true or not. For Newcastle fans, that was like striking gold given the current era. :lol

I didn't mind him too much overall. I'd like to his intentions for the club were far more just than Mike and co but that's probably optimism speaking.

To lose him under these circumstances though. That's pretty horrific even by Newcastle standards. Joe Kinnear's the grim reaper.

has this ever happened before? I thought my team was'nt gonna make it to the world cup but now theres a slim chance

"Fifa has confirmed opening an investigation into the Ethiopian Football Association after they allegedly fielded an ineligible player in their World Cup qualifying campaign."

if theyre guilty they get docked three points and three goals which were handed to their opponent

confuziz

Banned
has this ever happened before? I thought my team was'nt gonna make it to the world cup but now theres a slim chance

"Fifa has confirmed opening an investigation into the Ethiopian Football Association after they allegedly fielded an ineligible player in their World Cup qualifying campaign."

if theyre guilty they get docked three points and three goals which were handed to their opponent

Well, kind of, but not with the world cup.

I remember PSV got disqualified in the dutch cup when they fielded and ineligible player..lol.

Bumhead

Banned
We are away at QPR first game of the season.

What absolute rubbish, although the London coach trip do should be rather excellent.

Tegris

I quite like our fixtures - start and finish at home (vs Stoke and Newcastle respectively), and only one tough set of back-to-back matches:

26/12 Manchester City (A)
28/12 Chelsea (A)

Cardiff at home, Newcastle away and Stoke at home are the first three fixtures for West Ham. Not a bad start.

We've also got Arsenal on Boxing Day again, now let's hope there isn't a fecking Tube strike this time around.

Last game of the season's against City away :/

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs fixtures are decent, big games are pretty spread out and the run in looks reasonable.

We've got the NLD on August 31st so Levy better not do his usual late shit. Squad needs to be fully ready this time, we've wasted our opening games in both the last two seasons and it's cost us.

Yen

Jonathan Wilson ‏@jonawils
Weirdly unbalanced fixture list for Sunderland: Utd, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea as 6 of first 8 home games.

Lightning

Banned
Spurs fixtures are decent, big games are pretty spread out and the run in looks reasonable.

We've got the NLD on August 31st so Levy better not do his usual late shit. Squad needs to be fully ready this time, we've wasted our opening games in both the last two seasons and it's cost us.
That NLD date sucks. Too close to our CL qualifier. Hopefully Higuain has already destroyed our opponent so he can then destroy Spurs!

Aston Villa first up for the chopping block!

rodvik

17/08/2013 15:00 Arsenal (a)

24/08/2013 15:00 Liverpool (h)

31/08/2013 15:00 Chelsea (a)

14/09/2013 15:00 Newcastle United (h)

-----

Alrighty then.

On the downside, Chelsea could prove a challenge.

hmm bonus points. We play Liverpool sans Suarez which is a plus.

Aston Villa first up for the chopping block!

Lets hope you have your traditional slow start!

Our last game of the season could be a nail biter. Both Spurs and us looking for Champions League spots thats a six pointer :)

vall03

I always have this habit of checking the last 10 fixtures whenever they reveal them for the new season, and its going to be shit for Arsenal. March 2014 is so fucking bad, Stoke, Swansea, Spurs, Chelsea, ManCity. *sigh*

i6rIwVXMMq3w5.gif

Dat animation. The next Elder Scrolls is gonna look hilarious, with the disparity between image quality & graphical sheen, and the janky animations/weightless combat

I'm gonna start a new account for party multiplayer since it seems my PS3 struggles to keep connected to the party. The PSN will be The_Hitcher89MkII, so add me pls. That goes for the lurkers as well :p

Also, add me dc89. Not that you're reading this anyway, you don't when you can post. :D

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I always have this habit of checking the last 10 fixtures whenever they reveal them for the new season, and its going to be shit for Arsenal. March 2014 is so fucking bad, Stoke, Swansea, Spurs, Chelsea, ManCity. *sigh*

when in doubt

arteta pen

Lightning

Banned
What a joke club Newcastle are looooooooooooool

Tough start for Arsenal. We'll have to start well if we want to win anything this season.
Aside from the Spurs game date our draw is not bad. Hopefully the first game in our CL tie will be the away game.

It's only our CL qualifiers that concern me a bit but if the draw is kind and we can kill the game off in the first leg then it will be fine. How we recruit in terms of quality and depth will also play a huge part. I just pray no one leaves. Really hope Sagna and Kos stay with us.

when in doubt

arteta pen
Don't start that. Marriner was great to Bale in the match with Sunderland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom