• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy

lol

2xP1x.jpg

Is that Michael Fassbender?

Michu > Torres

I'd buy Michu for 50 million in January.

Kenny would :p

@Viva, there's a pretty even spread for the PL here.

Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City, Everton. A lot of discussion about those between everyone, and whenever Southampton, Norwich, Sunderland, Stoke, Swansea, West Brom etc come up there's a discussion, even if each of those teams only really has 1 fan who posts a lot in this thread :)

fuenf

what happened to the gladbach and frankfurt fans?
I liked having diversity

Good question, I think we exchanged them for a couple more Dortmund fans and one Hamburg fan. The thread would really benefit from having a Schalke and a Leverkusen fan here.

Hixx

So frustrated. Take Bardsley and Larsson out of our team and with a bit of confidence we'd be FINE. But he won't. And we won't get any.

Wilbur

Banned
So frustrated. Take Bardsley and Larsson out of our team and with a bit of confidence we'd be FINE. But he won't. And we won't get any.

Was a massive failing of his time at Villa as well, he just doesn't rotate at all. It's a shame because he's a great man manager, but tactically he's lacking. Worked when English football was more about the blood and guts but when you've got a fairly astute bunch of managers nowadays, it isn't cutting it.

If you don't win on Tuesday then I think it's time for O'Neill to go.

Realistically, who could they get in? Hughes? I think if anyone's going to gee them up for it, you couldn't get someone better than O'Neill... he just has to adapt to the situation, which he hasn't proved he can yet.

The Fabregas departure hurt me a lot more than the RVP one. Never had any RVP posters, have quite a few Fabregas ones though

I'll send you a few of mine if you like. Come May I'm sure there will be one or two with him holding the treble aloft.

Was a massive failing of his time at Villa as well, he just doesn't rotate at all. It's a shame because he's a great man manager, but tactically he's lacking. Worked when English football was more about the blood and guts but when you've got a fairly astute bunch of managers nowadays, it isn't cutting it.

Remember when Terry said 'we knew that they tire a bit in the second half so we just made sure we were in the game before taking advantage of our extra energy' and O'Neill said he was being disrespectful and denied that his teams tire in the second half of the season, even though it was blatantly true?

Realistically, who could they get in? Hughes? I think if anyone's going to gee them up for it, you couldn't get someone better than O'Neill... he just has to adapt to the situation, which he hasn't proved he can yet.

Di Matteo? :p

I don't think he'd leave Chelsea tbh

I've got a feeling Abramovich might lose patience with him soon. Wonder if he'll be stupid enough to go for Rafa, the Chelsea fans won't like that. They might even print out a few sheets of A4 paper with Rafa Out written on them, the silly buggers. Can't see it happening though

@elsk, what do you think of your performance last weekend?

edit: Did Arsenal really have just 3 shots on target including the penalties?

Hummels is a legend, on Facebook (although instantly deleted because he'd probably get banned too lol)

"Why not give a penalty and a red card on suspicion...
My personal highlight: Schmelzer will probably also be banned."

spidye

I've got a feeling Abramovich might lose patience with him soon. Wonder if he'll be stupid enough to go for Rafa, the Chelsea fans won't like that. They might even print out a few sheets of A4 paper with Rafa Out written on them, the silly buggers. Can't see it happening though

@elsk, what do you think of your performance last weekend?
:lol

derExperte

what happened to the gladbach and frankfurt fans?
I liked having diversity

A lot of my friends are Eintracht supporters and after the last few terrible games you only have to say 'Rückrunde 2011' to get a room full of weeping and sobbing human wrecks. Hope they win against Bremen.

spidye

A lot of my friends are Eintracht supporters and after the last few terrible games you only have to say 'Rückrunde 2011' to get a room full of weeping and sobbing human wrecks. Hope they win against Bremen.

we had a frankfurt fan here and he looked forward to the Bayern-Frankfurt game at the start of the season. unfortunately, haven't seen him here since.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Pulis:

On Ryan Shotton's red card: "I'm disappointed with the two bookings when you compare those with the tackle on Glenn Whelan [by Villa's Ciaran Clark].

"But you cannot come on here and criticise the referee and say they are doing something different for each side.

"I'm not going to do that because they [the FA] have took money off me before for doing that.

"But it was pretty bizarre for me and disappointing."

iFUrJN9a9xxXO.gif

Mumei

how did you gain interest in watching football, mumei? I mean, you came into this thread out of nowhere. Don't get me wrong. I'm all in for newcomers unless they support Dortmund. Just interested about your reasons.

I knew I had been asked this before and I couldn't find the post before I went to sleep last night, but now I found it.

I started posting in OT2!

And I don't remember if I explained, but I actually was interested a long time ago, when I was around 14 or 15, in getting into watching the sport (and actually read a couple books about the sport in general and about Pele in particular because he was the only player I'd heard of, though I forgot it all in the intervening 9 or 10 years). I did not really pursue it beyond that because I don't really think it was possible to watch back then. I actually did start reading the threads off-and-on around the time of the whole cunt issue ("A certain mod", guys, really? Even the dumbest poster on GAF would know and I'm not the dumbest poster on GAF!), and I found you guys rather endearing. And then I posted and you guys were a lot friendlier than I had honestly expected and ... one thing led to another and I gave it a try.

Right now I mostly just watch EPL and CL, and sometimes I get the chance to see a La Liga match, though not as often as I would like.

I have sort of fallen off the watching-football-wagon in the last month due to reading more and spending more time watching Top Gear (blame Kabouter) and anime, to a lesser extent, though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gigi Buffon believes the Scudetto will be a battle royal, but hit back at those who “use Juventus as a shield and an alibi” for their own failure.

The goalkeeper spoke to RAI television programme Dribbling and snapped at those who accuse the Bianconeri of benefiting from refereeing errors.

“I don’t like this controversy and it brings out this total inconsistency in the treatment of errors for and against Juventus,” said Buffon.

“This season the only really big mistakes I saw in our favour were against Catania. At times there is an exaggerated pandemonium around these matters. Juventus are used as a shield and an alibi by those who never win

Antonio Conte has missed the last four months due to the betting scandal, but his ban has expired and he is back on the bench tomorrow afternoon against Palermo.

“He brings a strong impact on to a team and I’ve rarely seen that in any other Coach. He transmits his rage and sporting ferocity.

“This is a season where we’re going to be in a battle, even if we are the favourites because we have reinforced and started well. This doesn’t mean our victory is to be expected, as that would be a terrible thought to allow. That’s just inviting surprises...”

Buffon also commented on those who put too much pressure on footballers to be role models.

“We need sporting fair play, but I do not take the responsibility of being an educator. Parents can’t just expect me to educate their children

I LOVE YOU GIGI

Blablurn

I knew I had been asked this before and I couldn't find the post before I went to sleep last night, but now I found it.

I have sort of fallen off the watching-football-wagon in the last month due to reading more and spending more time watching Top Gear (blame Kabouter) and anime, to a lesser extent, though.

sounds good, i hope u stay with us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom