• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 goals in 4 games in Premier League.

Scoring 6 goals againt a Nordshitland team missing their only decent defender out from the start and the other going out after 9 minutes, isn't really impressive. They let in 22 goals in CL for a reason. Of course it's silly even responding, arguing with Liverpool supporters about Rafa is like going into a religious debate.

Rafa was the last manager to win La Liga who wasn't managing Barcelona or Real Madrid. But you're right, it gets religious.

He's a good manager and you guys based on faith and a lack of facts think he stinks. I can provide more facts, just look at his wiki page.

It's hard for me to root for Chelsea, but Liverpool are not going to win the league this year, so it would be nice to see him prove all of you wrong.

Kyoufu

I find it rather strange that posters are having meltdowns over the possibility of a more accessible Dark Souls game.

We've only had one teaser trailer and a couple of vague comments from the games director. But some Gaffers have already said they won't be playing this game because From Software have sold out.

We know nothing about the game and the series is already ruined, apparently.

Where's that NeoGAF gif when we need it?

Hixx

I find it rather strange that posters are having meltdowns over the possibility of a more accessible Dark Souls game.

We've only had one teaser trailer and a couple of vague comments from the games director. But some Gaffers have already said they won't be playing this game because From Software have sold out.

Reading gaming side is becoming like reading RTG. I think my eyes might be damaged from all the rolling.

Wilbur

Banned
:lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9nfUvpCYAAKaDy.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

He's such a mouthy little cunt, but I'd love him at United.

Listen to the child inside the child that is you, Jack.

[quote="Clegg, post: 45217508"]I find it rather strange that posters are having meltdowns over the possibility of a more accessible Dark Souls game.

We know nothing about the game and the series is already ruined, apparently.[/QUOTE]

I encourage it. I love the look of the games but I can't get past the second level of Demon's Souls and it fucks me off.

Linius

Where's that NeoGAF gif when we need it?

zvD3g.gif

Right here.

I totally agree. It is, however, a valid concern seeing as the lack of accessibility makes Dark Souls what it is! Obviously far too early to be making any assumptions either way though.

Now, if they're talking about improving the menus etc then bring it on.

This is fucking NeoGaf. People will complain about everything

Kyoufu

There is one improvement I would make on the very first day, with top priority:

CO-OP SUCKS. Playing with your friends is just broken beyond belief. Fix that and I will be happy.

Wilbur

Banned
Artetas penalties are pretty terrible

Fucked it up immensely against Fulham as well; that was the worst I've ever seen him play. People are figuring Arsenal out now though, sit on Arteta and they can't get the ball moving around.

Jeffrey, what's the deal with sweet Henning? I get the impression 4-1 was a little bit of a glossy result but you think just having Kean out would have improved shit.

Plasma

Banned
That referee was awful today, it wasn't just the penalty he wasn't in control of the game at all and was very in consistent with his decisions.

Shame MOTD cut out some of Myhill's goal kicks, he was taking forever to take them but after they went 2-0 down he was sprinting over to get the ball so we all kept cheering him.

What did he say?

That ref was probably the worst one in the league, I don't think his wrong either.

Steve Clarke will be getting banned by the FA for that comment I bet. Banned for telling the truth.

First one is criminal, second one was definitely a free kick IMO.

Arsenal couldn't compete against Spurs until they got a player sent off, and only won today because of dodgy decisions/penalties. Hmm.

Kyoufu

Something along the lines of "We have a great group of referees in this league who try to make the league good to watch. Unfortunately for us today we've probably got one of the poorest of that group"

That's not true. They're all in the poor group.

Something along the lines of "We have a great group of referees in this league who try to make the league good to watch. Unfortunately for us today we've probably got one of the poorest of that group"

Although he's probably right, it's a bit unprofessional.

Yen

Was listening to some Zep earlier after ages without them. Lemon Song gets my dick tingling, man.

PAGE has still got it, this show sounds better than any of theirs from the 70s, I guess it's because they aren't shovelling horse tranquilizers down their throats, or sharks up groupies nevermind.
PAGE needs to get a new band, or actually release some new material.

Wilbur

Banned
I met a QPR fan outside the kebab shop last night, fucking insisted they'd win today and all they needed to do was play a 3-5-2 with Onuoha and Ferdinand flanking Clint Hill because Nelsen is too slow. Hmm.

Plant has still got it, this show sounds better than any of theirs from the 70s, I guess it's because they aren't shovelling horse tranquilizers down their throats, or sharks up groupies nevermind.
Plant needs to get a new band, or actually release some new material.

I really enjoyed Band Of Joy but that was a few years ago now

Clegg

I'd rather like a Souls game that actually explained things better. You're barely told anything about how World Tendencies or Covenants or any of the games other features actually work. Thats not necessarily a bad thing either as it makes you really work to get the best out of the game and it becomes more enjoyable as a result.

But you're also alienating a lot of players by not explaining things fully. I'm not saying there should be a hundred on-screen icons telling you exactly what you should do. Just give us a proper tutorial of the games mechanics and I'd be perfectly happy with that.

And maybe a bit more focus on the games story. I enjoy the Souls games because the plot isn't really in the forefront. It's more about the character trying to survive in a hellish world. You piece the story together by talking to NPCs and through the environment itself. Thats a good thing imo, but I wouldn't mind more focus being put on the games plot.

Wilbur

Banned
You call it unprofessional, I call it growing a pair.

The truth needs to be said or nothing will ever change.

I find it horrendous that managers get automatically punished for criticising referees no matter what shit goes down in a game. It's a fucking laughable system.

Kyoufu

I met a QPR fan outside the kebab shop last night, fucking insisted they'd win today and all they needed to do was play a 3-5-2 with Onuoha and Ferdinand flanking Clint Hill because Nelsen is too slow. Hmm.

Did you tell him about your mid-table prediction? :lol

I find it horrendous that managers get automatically punished for criticising referees no matter what shit goes down in a game. It's a fucking laughable system.

Definitely a joke.

Yen

I really enjoyed Band Of Joy but that was a few years ago now

Dammnit I meant Page. Hasn't released new material since the mid 90s acoustic stuff with Page. He had material ready for a tour around the time Jones was away with TCV, but the tour he promised never materialised.

Kyoufu

I'd rather like a Souls game that actually explained things better. You're barely told anything about how World Tendencies or Covenants or any of the games other features actually work. Thats not necessarily a bad thing either as it makes you really work to get the best out of the game and it becomes more enjoyable as a result.

But you're also alienating a lot of players by not explaining things fully. I'm not saying there should be a hundred on-screen icons telling you exactly what you should do. Just give us a proper tutorial of the games mechanics and I'd be perfectly happy with that.

And maybe a bit more focus on the games story. I enjoy the Souls games because the plot isn't really in the forefront. It's more about the character trying to survive in a hellish world. You piece the story together by talking to NPCs and through the environment itself. Thats a good thing imo, but I wouldn't mind more focus being put on the games plot.

The storytelling style shouldn't be touched. It's absolutely fine the way it is.

They can definitely create better tutorials but the game relies heavily on the community which is great. I don't think those aspects need changing.

Multiplayer has to be improved.

Yen

I never really listened to Led Zep. But I have Spotify preminium, so what album should I listen first?

I don't know if they are on Spotify. But chronologically. They start off straightforward, each album is a bit eclectic and different from the last. By about the mid 70s they start going downhill, by the late 70s they became too addicted to make anything enjoyable.

Everything up to, and including, Physical Graffiti is fantastic.

Rafa was the last manager to win La Liga who wasn't managing Barcelona or Real Madrid. But you're right, it gets religious.

He's a good manager and you guys based on faith and a lack of facts think he stinks. I can provide more facts, just look at his wiki page.

It's hard for me to root for Chelsea, but Liverpool are not going to win the league this year, so it would be nice to see him prove all of you wrong.
Let me explain something to you.

RAFA. SUCKS.

Get that in your head.

Linius

I don't know if they are on Spotify. But chronologically. They start off straightforward, each album is a bit eclectic and different from the last. By about the mid 70s they start going downhill, by the late 70s they became too addicted to make anything enjoyable.

Well fuck, they are not I see :(

Wilbur

Banned
Did you tell him about your mid-table prediction? :lol

Nah fuck that, he would have fucking bottled me

Dammnit I meant Page. Hasn't released new material since the mid 90s acoustic stuff with Page. He had material ready for a tour around the time Jones was away with TCV, but the tour he promised never materialised.

Yeah, Page has done shit all. Should just get back together for live shows every year or something, I'd be happy with that.

I never really listened to Led Zep. But I have Spotify preminium, so what album should I listen first?

Led Zep III and Physical Graffiti are my favourites, but you can't really go wrong with I - IV and Physical Graffiti, they're all fantastic.

Salazar

Rafa is a knob.

He could spend the entirety of a post-match interview spitting up in the air and trying to catch it and he would have an army of gobshite scousers rushing to the internet to praise his dignity and his football-philosopher nous.

Fuck him. He's like Phil Brown gene-spliced with Wenger at his obnoxious peak.

GolazoDan

I might watch UFC. I usually fall asleep like one fight in. I used to really like it but eh. Wrestling's crazier and has more powerbombs.

Rafa is a knob.

He could spend the entirety of a post-match interview spitting up in the air and trying to catch it and he would have an army of gobshite scousers rushing to the internet to praise his dignity and his football-philosopher nous.

Fuck him. He's like Phil Brown gene-spliced with Wenger at his obnoxious peak.
He's a good man.

A good man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom