• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesun

Wahay! We're fucking rubbish. Just saw that masterful Didier skill by Cazorla. Bless his soul, even Gareth would have been proud of that.

Salazar

Wahay! We're fucking rubbish. Just saw that masterful Didier skill by Cazorla. Bless his soul, even Gareth would have been proud of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwO1djinl0A

Lost his balance my fucking foot.

*Disclosure: I badly wanted Arsenal to lose this week.

:lol Poldi

pta2q.jpg

nemesun

We won today fair and square. The first penalty was fortunate, the second penalty was clear cut. West Brom never even looked like scoring against us while had our finishing been of proper standard we could of won by 5 goals today. Podolski missed a sitter, Gervingo missed 2 golden chances we were clearly the better team and deserved 3 points.
C'mon son, there is a fine line between cheating the system and being fortunate. Don't sully the game like that when us gooners detest Rooney for ending our invincible period by taking a dive.

Lightning

Banned
C'mon son, there is a fine line between cheating the system and being fortunate. Don't sully the game like that when us gooners detest Rooney for ending our invincible period by taking a dive.
To be honest because the run we're on has gotten me so down I welcome any points. I mean it was fortunate, not in the spirit of the game and not what anyone wants to see, but you don't want to see clear penalties not given as well yet it happens. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't and today I welcomed the luck as this side of ours needs it.

If we can win our next 4 games, very winnable, then we will be in a decent position despite our team being shit.

nemesun

If we can win our next 4 games, very winnable, then we will be in a decent position despite our team being shit.
And that's a massive IF. Our attack is completely disjointed and borderline nonexistent. the days of easy points have long gone, I'll be more than chuffed if we manage to keep the current distance between us and 4th place till January.

Ashes

Banned
Hope we get Madrid in the CL. Manucho! scored 2 past them :p

Glad he scored today, he'd probably open United easily.

That's not the problem. We'd gift you a couple of goals too.
You'd have to stop Van Percy, Rooney and co down your end.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Monterrey's pressing game today is very impressive. If they win and go against Chelsea in the semis then it won't be as easy for the Blues as most think.

Salazar

KILLER is on our side.

Gawd, we'd better attack. I'd consider it an uncomfortable but worthwhile trade to go into the game with garbage on the wings (Young + someone out of position like Welberg) almost purely in order to give us a bit more natural forward movement.

Hell, I'll accept

--------------------DeGOD
-----------Raf----Rio---Evans--Evra
---------------Scholes---Carrick
--------Rooney-----------------Young
-----------------Chicha
-----------------------RVP

Lightning

Banned
And that's a massive IF. Our attack is completely disjointed and borderline nonexistent. the days of easy points have long gone, I'll be more than chuffed if we manage to keep the current distance between us and 4th place till January.
I don't want us to do too well because then tight ass Wenger won't spend but I don't want us to lose touch either and a couple more defeats will cause just that because our January is horrid run of fixtures where we will definitely drop points.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
KILLER is on our side.

Gawd, we'd better attack. I'd consider it an uncomfortable but worthwhile trade to go into the game with garbage on the wings (Young + someone out of position like Welberg) almost purely in order to give us a bit more natural forward movement.

Hell, I'll accept

-----------------Chicha
Chicharito as media punta? what the fuck

Salazar

Chicharito as media punta? what the fuck

I don't expect any remotely disciplined shape in attack, with Young and a makeshift winger doing whatever the fuck they do. And Rooney practically keeping De Gea company.

SAF is unlikely to start him in any case.

Mancini is a loon if he doesn't start a fit Tevez.

Selection muppets on alert said:
James ‏@writtenoff_mufc
Cleverley and Valencia trained yesterday according to the Sun. Make of that what you will.

As delighted as I am with United's squad problems, I am worried about us becoming too confidant and underestimating their weakened side. We haven't been playing all that great lately but I think if we keep the head today we can get a good win and build some momentum.

3-1 score prediction!

Ashes

Banned
KILLER is on our side.

Hell, I'll accept

-----------------Chicha

Rvp and Chicha might swap. Then again we will probably play a five in the middle to deal with a side that likes to keep the ball.

Salazar

Rvp and Chicha might swap. Then again we will probably play a five in the middle to deal with a side that likes to keep the ball.

Tom Cleverley will change this game. The affirmation of his virility is just the thing he needed to push on for another league goal

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Aldo de Nigris with another assist! Goal by Chelito Delgado. Monterrey 2 Hyundai 0
Joseph >>>>>>>>> Jonathan. I'm sure we all agree.
I'll be the round about
The words will make you out 'n' out
I'll spend the day your way......
Call it morning driving thru the sound and
In and out the valley...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Chelito Delgado with the 3-0! Monterrey's only hurdle to the final now is Fernando Torres.

EDIT: Hyundai gets the 3-1 with a golazo. Orozco complicit.

Salazar

Theory floated on my favourite fan forum that the Chelsea job is a way of warming Rafa up for the Madrid job when Jose exits.

Btw, did scholesy get a yellow last match? Does that mean he'll miss this match?

Pretty sure he's available. He'll sure as fuck be carded in this game, though.

choodi

Banned
Watched Troll Hunter at last. IT WAS AWESOME. Remaining DVDs on my to watch pile are Raging Bull (!) and Tyrannosaur but I think I should take them in at a kinder hour. Currently watching Battle Royale on Netflix. I'm quite odd.

Troooooooooollllllll!

Loved that movie.

Theory floated on my favourite fan forum that the Chelsea job is a way of warming Rafa up for the Madrid job when Jose exits.

Interesting theory (especially if he is successful with us), wouldn't surprise me, although unless Mourinho comes back to us or Pep joins I think at this point Rafa is probably going to be there next season.

sohois

Pretty sure he's available. He'll sure as fuck be carded in this game, though.

Think there's a decent chance of that myself, seeing as how most people expect Mourinho to be gone. I recall many times when he was at Liverpool rumours floating around that Madrid were after him, he did play for them so he has that connection.

Plus, who else really is there? Klopp would be targeted but I presume he'll want to spend more time at Dortmund. And the only Premier League option would be Wenger, but if Arsenal continue to struggle he'll be less attractive.

Apparently Lewa said this after yesterday's game:

Lewandowski: "For now it's Dortmund but when a team like United is interested it's hard to say no. We will see soon enough" #MUFC

#9 is waiting.

The second one could go either way, Cazorla was taken down with no call just outside the penalty box as well. The ref had an inconsistent game but if Chamberlain was a foul then the one on Cazorla just outside the penalty which also wasn't called should have been a very promising free kick for us where Cazorla has scored from in the past.
Most outrageous thing I've seen in this thread.

Not even doicare can compete.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I love how for Palermo - Juve later today there'll be 20.000 Juve fans and only 10k Palermo fans watching the match. Dat black & white province. <3

IN CASA GIOCHIAMO NOI!

OH MY GOD ZABO I'M SO EXCITED

Also our away support never disappoints <3 Feels like a home game most of the time. :p

WJD

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

we're going to get bollocked aren't we?

also saw Mandy Henry going on about Frogie wanting "experience in midfield" and I almost prolapsed

just want it to be over

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

we're going to get bollocked aren't we?

also saw Mandy Henry going on about Frogie wanting "experience in midfield" and I almost prolapsed

just want it to be over
Who cares if we lose we're just losing to another small club like Norwich. They try harder against us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
City - United

Heart wants: United 7-1
Mind says: 1-1

Inter - Napoli

Heart wants: Meteor / Bane arrives.
Mind says: Draw or Napoli win.

It depends if it's Silvestre or Cambiasso in defense.

Palermo - Juve.

Heart: Cunte wins on his re-debut.
Mind: Miccoli hat-trick.

--

" Berlusconi has given his support to the Bianconeri trainer and cast doubt over the legitimacy of the charges"

Okay, thanks, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom