• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Crack Wilshere + ClevGod + Strootz would run things. Kagawa up ahead.

Wenger would get slated to oblivion if he ever sold another player to us. Let alone a good one.
I would quit supporting Arsenal if we sold Wilshere to United. I mean it. I would not support them anymore if we did that.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I would quit supporting Arsenal if we sold Wilshere to United. I mean it. I would not support them anymore if we did that.

Your owner is a cheap american that is garbage even with his NFL team. At least the glazers spent some money on the bucs last offseason.

It's funny because Meier is a Bucs fan but also a City fan as opposed to supporting United.

I want your Porto shirt Meier!

Oxx

Isn't Meier a Dodgers fan as well? He must win the award for supporting the richest teams in the world.

M£I£R

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Isn't Meier a Dodgers fan as well? He must win the award for supporting the richest teams in the world.

M£I£R

Yep. Disgraceful

I actually moved to Anaheim from Bogota so I am an Angels fan too!

FUCK THE DOYERS!

Seriously though, all of my American teams are basura (as is Colombia :() so Barca is my only joy lol

Fady K

Anyone here a fan of videogame music? The famous videogames live band of composers that play music from all sorts of famous game franchises from the last 3 decades or so will be coming to Dubai this weekend, excited to see them.

Nastasic will be a perennial fixture in the team of the year IMO. He has played incredibly well for a kid his age. Maicon has actually been pretty good with the exception of the Madrid matches where he obviously did not match up well.

Garcia has been very disappointing, Rodwell has been terrible and then got injured (mercifully perhaps) and Sinclair has been okay but of course has barely played. Had a few good chances in his last time on the pitch but couldn't quite convert.

I like Nastasic very much. I think he is highly rated by Vidic. I wonder if Maicon would have done well against ManU. Garcia is definitely my big disappointment; he was a major part of Benfica. Maybe he needs more time. Rodwell makes so many mistakes. Sinclair deserves more chances as I think.

Favourite ever since 2008?

I'd say Aguero <3

Aguero is truly great; I hope his form picks up soon. Especially towards the end of the season when it matters most, he'll shine hopefully.

Btw, for whoever asked about buying Sleeping Dogs today on the cheap.. YES! It's one of my favorite games this gen tbh. I thought it was pretty much perfect.

The last few years have been excellent when it comes to Square-Enix's non-Japanese games. Tomb Raider is next, and despite the cautious previews, I am very excited for it.

We have City next.

We're going down.

Have faith Kyoufu; my team was unbeaten in the league for so many games (only one draw) and then they could not win once in 8 games. Things change so quickly in the league. You can do well again real soon. Plus the next transfer window is close.

The surefire way to hold City scoreless is to make sure their strikers take all the shots.

Guaranteed zero goals.

City's major downfall this season would be this IMO. Their only constantly reliable striker from the kick-off period is Tevez (Dzeko as a sub). They must sort this out soon or they'll definitely endure many draws at least.

confuziz

Banned
Strootman was voted player of the week by the most popular football website/magazine in the netherlands.

'Unstoppable leader is going to make PSV a fortune'

lololol

Strootman was voted player of the week by the most popular football website/magazine in the netherlands.

'Unstoppable leader is going to make PSV a fortune'

lololol
He better be good you know. I have very high expectations of him to lead us to the treble this season.

FootballFan

Eto'o with very kind words for Messi:

"Messi is a god, as a person and even more as a player.

I hope that he wins the World Cup with Argentina. To the gods of the world, all I ask is that you give him that chance because I have seen him grow. I can only hope for the best because I have seen and know what a good boy he is."

And Wenger as always praised Messi too:

&#8220;Congratulations to Messi. He is just mesmerising. What he is doing is unbelievable.

Even with the biggest imagination, I would not have thought somebody would be capable of doing that.

He makes it look so easy to score, and we are all tempted to say &#8216;let us walk on this pitch and score goals&#8217;, because it looks so easy when he does it. When you have played football, you know how difficult it is to score one goal.

To think that one player can score 86 per year, if you think you play nine and a half months, it&#8217;s nearly 10 goals guaranteed per month. When you start the month, you know this boy will give you 10 goals, that is not bad!&#8221;

Fady K

What's crazy about Messi in regards to the record he's broken is that he still has 3 games. Let him play all three and he can score another 3 or 4 possibly.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not to take anything from Messi, clearly one of the GOAT, but he scored 86 goals in La Liga. Back then (Gerd Müller), the defending was rough, and tackles from behind were allowed.

I'll tell my adopted children about him and Verratti one day.
Sell Alexis and Villa to Juve and buy Falcao.

Vucinic/Juvinco - David Villa - Alexis Sanchez

Marchisio - Pirlo - Vidal

whatever

Buffon.

Only Gods knows what it feels like to have Messi on your team, as a manager, player or even fan.

I wouldn't worry about any match ever - Messi got this.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Classy by Samuel. I loved it (because he speaks great spanish) when he said 'Madrid, cabron, saluda al campeon!'

<3

You random scrubs that have hopes for the champions league don't realize we're getting King Eric Abidal back in less than 2 months

:)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Only Gods knows what it feels like to have Messi on your team, as a manager, player or even fan.

I wouldn't worry about any match ever - Messi got this.

I think you know exactly how it feels.

RobinVanPersie_2822203.jpg

FootballFan

What's crazy about Messi in regards to the record he's broken is that he still has 3 games. Let him play all three and he can score another 3 or 4 possibly.

Yep right now he is setting the bar for the next person
(himself)
to break whenever that will be
(next year)

Classy by Samuel. I loved it (because he speaks great spanish) when he said 'Madrid, cabron, saluda al campeon!'

<3

You random scrubs that have hopes for the champions league don't realize we're getting King Eric Abidal back in less than 2 months

Eto'o is one of the few players I really felt bad about leaving. He had just won the treble where he was crucial, crucial + he fit into the team perfectly, so unfortunate that he and Pep didn't get along. :(

From a Madrid reject to a full culé who hated Madrid, Eto'o was just too cool for school.

I miss Abidal, he was just amazing right before he was diagnosed. I hope he comes back stronger than ever <3

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yep right now he is setting the bar for the next person
(himself)
to break whenever that will be
(next year)

Eto'o is one of the few players I really felt bad about leaving. He had just won the treble where he was crucial, crucial + he fit into the team perfectly, so unfortunate that he and Pep didn't get along. :(

From a Madrid reject to a full culé who hated Madrid, Eto'o was just too cool for school.

I miss Abidal, he was just amazing right before he was diagnosed. I hope he comes back stronger than ever <3

Abi is big as fuck and he has great skill with the ball since he's french. We can play shakira boy and abidal at CB and we will not be denied. If tito puts Jordi at LB and Montaya at RB these euro scrubs are already dead... at the hand of Catalunya :)

This is for you and the wii u Kyoufou:

Animated-Flag-Colombia.gif

Mickey and the power of illusion is 20 bucks at TRU right now!

FootballFan

Abi is big as fuck and he has great skill with the ball since he's french. We can play shakira boy and abidal at CB.

Yep, exactly, Abidal is just as good at CB which means it wouldn't make any changes for Alba. And maybe then Puyol can wait instead of rushing to play lol. Crazy Caveman.

The legend Muller on Messi:

"He deserves to supersede me

My record stood for 40 years - 85 goals in 60 games - and now the best player in the world has broken it, and I'm delighted for him. He is an incredible player, gigantic.

He's such a nice and modest professional and I hope he gets one or two more goals in 2012 and that he can then hold onto the record for the next 40 years.

He's fantastic. He only has one defect and that is that he doesn't play for Bayern Munich!"

:lol I think Yurt posted that last quote here the other day, pretty funny tbh haha.

LegoArmo

If United played Barcelona in a Champions League final tomorrow, and all their players were fit, I'd play a 4-3-3 with Smalling and Vidic at centre back, Carrick, Cleverley and Anderson in the middle and Rooney, Welbeck and van Persie up top. Maybe Kagawa.

Yep.

Oxx

Not to take anything from Messi, clearly one of the GOAT, but he scored 86 goals in La Liga. Back then (Gerd Müller), the defending was rough, and tackles from behind were allowed.

It's pretty tough to compare players decades apart.

Even looking back at 90s football in the Premiership Years it's pretty shocking how old, slow, and unfit the average hairy-arsed English footballer looked. Players like Cantona, Bergkamp, and Shearer had a field-day against all the 40-year-olds with comb-overs.

Or maybe it's the tiny shorts and muddy pitches that makes everything look shittier.

LegoArmo

Even looking back at 90s football in the Premiership Years it's pretty shocking how old, slow, and unfit the average hairy-arsed English footballer looked. Players like Cantona, Bergkamp, and Shearer had a field-day against all the 40-year-olds with comb-overs.

Or maybe it's the tiny shorts and muddy pitches that makes everything look shittier.

I think when Fergie first came to England, he said the diets and lifestyles of the players concerned him. And that was coming from a Scotsman.

Much more professional these days.

Yep, exactly, Abidal is just as good at CB which means it wouldn't make any changes for Alba. And maybe then Puyol can wait instead of rushing to play lol. Crazy Caveman.

The legend Muller on Messi:

"He deserves to supersede me

My record stood for 40 years - 85 goals in 60 games - and now the best player in the world has broken it, and I'm delighted for him. He is an incredible player, gigantic.

He's such a nice and modest professional and I hope he gets one or two more goals in 2012 and that he can then hold onto the record for the next 40 years.

He's fantastic. He only has one defect and that is that he doesn't play for Bayern Munich!"

:lol I think Yurt posted that last quote here the other day, pretty funny tbh haha.

If I met Muller, I'd shake his hand. If I met Pele, I'd tut and shake my head. The tit is somehow simultaneously utterly boring, and an absolute knob. Like Michael Owen and Mark Lawrenson.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
pSBE1.gif

You're going to be so depressed when Barca go out.

ixVmOk8y60w5c.gif

Iniesta - Villa - Messi

Cesc - Xavi - Alexis

Alba - Abidal - Pique - Montoya

Valoldes

Que teneis, carnal?

We will crush you like we do when we have the Messias. You have no chance against us. Better hope Dortmund or Madrid beat us papi, lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Oh I'm not comparing! I'm just saying IMO it's easier to score now, especially in an open league like La Liga. Again, not trying to say it isn't impressive or anything.

Messi is a very different player anyway, Gerd was just a poacher.

Oh I'm not comparing! I'm just saying IMO it's easier to score now, especially in an open league like La Liga. Again, not trying to say it isn't impressive or anything.

Messi is a very different player anyway, Gerd was just a poacher.

Fry am dead

edit: My brother's watching Homeland, and just realised how wierd and stupid it is that even Brody's wife calls him Brody.

Fry am deader

The main character likes Jazz? Fuck Homeland

FootballFan

pSBE1.gif

You're going to be so depressed when Barca go out.

:lol Damn Andres.

Barca fans have been spoiled with the success recent years though, Andres is hopeful we squeeze out as much of it as possible while we still have the golden age of La Masia greats.

When Messi is 30, and Xavi+Iniesta are not there I am not expecting much.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
:lol Damn Andres.

Barca fans have been spoiled with the success recent years though, Andres is hopeful we squeeze out as much of it as possible while we still have the golden age of La Masia greats.

:lol he's just another salty united brick on the road to unprecedented glory for Futbol Club Barcelona

It would be hilarious if we beat them for our 3rd title in 5 years and 3rd against england in 5 years. Funny the other 2 teams to win the title since 09 were inturd and chelski who barely beat us.

Honestly I rather see them than arsenal since arse know how to play us though they're sorry as fuck against any other team.

I'm hammered, hasta mañana pendejos <3

FootballFan

:lol he's just another salty united brick on the road to unprecedented glory for Futbol Club Barcelona

It would be hilarious if we beat them for our 3rd title in 5 years and 3rd against england in 5 years. Funny the other 2 teams to win the title since 09 were inturd and chelski who barely beat us.

So what you are saying is whoever knocks Barca out wins the CL?

Oxx

Messi is going to retire now that he has the much-coveted 'Most Goals in a Calendar Year' record and go and play Starcraft professionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom