• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesun

More testosterone in that video than in a decade of Arsenal squads put together.
mhJRE.gif

UGHHHH, trying so hard to do a media blackout for The Last of Us, but I keep looking at the thread and new pics and gifs keep coming :(

My willpower is not strong.

UGHHHH, trying so hard to do a media blackout for The Last of Us, but I keep looking at the thread and new pics and gifs keep coming :(

My willpower is not strong.

Have the willpower! You can do it.

I never really get interested in looking at trailers/screenshots for a game. Once its announced I can pretty much tell if i'll buy it at some point or not. If I see a trailer, fair enough if not I don't mind.

The willpower is strong in me!

Arnie

Goal line technology in the Chelsea v Monterrey game tomorrow, thank fuck.

Rumours that Arsenal are going to buy Diame, and surely ditch Diaby. Both injury prone, one less so than the other. Diame would be a great buy for Arsenal. Nani though, jesus wept.

Rumours that Arsenal are going to buy Diame, and surely ditch Diaby. Both injury prone, one less so than the other. Diame would be a great buy for Arsenal. Nani though, jesus wept.

We are playing Thursday not tomorrow! I really hope we fucking win it.

nemesun

Fat chance of that happening. Diame is out for 12 weeks, and Diaby is Arsene's bastard child.

Salazar

Nani's achieved a respectable amount in the game, really.

I understand if Liverpool fans have unreachably high standards for wingers, though.

Dunno how much of his attitude might be related to being at United and how much is just him.

Mastadon

Banned

I understand if Liverpool fans have unreachably high standards for wingers, though.

Dunno how much of his attitude might be related to being at United and how much is just him.

We're used to the best.

lpEiP.jpg

PJX

Remember when Hodgson wanted to sell Lucas to Stoke or trade him to West Ham for Carlton Cole?

Those were the days.

Fat chance of that happening. Diame is out for 12 weeks, and Diaby is Arsene's bastard child.

I read that its 3 weeks and not 12 as they first thought it would be.

nemesun

That's all we need, another headless chicken with shitty attitude. We're well stocked in that department as it is, thank you very much.

Apparently it's nowhere near that and Big Sam is just trying to put other teams off a January move.

My mate (West Ham fan) said Diame is getting a new contract anyway with a higher release?

Can't believe they thought £3.5m was a good idea.

Can't see Arsenal going for him though.

Kyoufu

I feel bad for Mancini. He's not the best manager in the world, nowhere near in fact, but seeing donkey performances in such a huge game from Nasri and Balotelli must have really made him sad in the pants.

No way we should sell Nani to Arsenal even if they do want him.

He's still capable of being a very good player. No need go us to give him to them. Will surely be other offers.

K1LLER7

No way we should sell Nani to Arsenal even if they do want him.

He's still capable of being a very good player. No need go us to give him to them. Will surely be other offers.
Send him to PSG or Zenit.

Thing is nobody will pay him the 130k a week that he wants.

Send him to PSG or Zenit.

Thing is nobody will pay him the 130k a week that he wants.
its annoying because we shouldn't be selling him at all, but with his contract running out and him not signing a new deal we have little choice. Means we have to go out and buy another winger and not spend in defence and midfield.

dc89

Hmm. Helen Flanagan has posted a picture on Instagram of her and Scott Sinclair flat hunting in London. He currently rents Wes Browns house iirc. (Should I be disclosing this?!)

Why London?! Is he going on loan? Are we selling him for a 10th of what we bought him for?

Kyoufu

Hmm. Helen Flanagan has posted a picture on Instagram of her and Scott Sinclair flat hunting in London. He currently rents Wes Browns house iirc. (Should I be disclosing this?!)

Why London?! Is he going on loan? Are we selling him for a 10th of what we bought him for?

Nobody in their right mind would choose to live in Manchester if they could live in London instead, even if it was for 3 days a week.

Hixx

Or maybe his lass is wanting a flat in London and he's gone with her

You are stuck with him, soz.

nemesun

Just imagine...

Gervinho Giroud Nani

untitled-1aixoet.gif
I still remember fondly the stick I got for not wanting Gerboue anywhere near Arsenal at the time of his signing.

Nemesun said:
Bendtner has more talent in his left foot than Gervinho has combined. If we're after a wide-man, this is a wrong way of going about it. He's simply not good enough for us, Newcastle is more his level.

Some Tosser said:
I doubt you've ever seen Gervinho. He's much more talented and much more suited to us than Bendtner will ever be. he's got technique and good pace.

Nemesun said:
All the folks who are excited about him coming here are just eager for the sake of signing not for the talent he brings. If you thought Adebayor was lazy and inconsistent then you gonna love him.

Elite Member said:
I like this guy. I saw the French cup final - to me Gervinho has the power and pace for this league. I look at Hazrd, and I'm not 100% sure.

A-M never fail to amaze me.

Do we know how long Kompany is out for yet?

I hope it's a few weeks at least. We've lost Evans again so it would level things up I suppose.

L'Equipe saying KJH is close to agreeing terms with Arsenal.

Yes! Please. Would love to have him in the EPL playing at a club which poses no danger to us whatsoever.

dc89

Do we know how long Kompany is out for yet?

I hope it's a few weeks at least. We've lost Evans again so it would level things up I suppose.

I saw something last night on the Twitters. Maybe from Chria Bailey who works at City, I can't remember.

But It said the initial prognosis is good. Struggling for the Toon game though.

Empty

would be so weird seeing a wenger team with giroud and huntelaar as their strikers. i mean his signing would improve the team but it's a big change in style from henry-berkamp.

nemesun

L'Equipe saying KJH is close to agreeing terms with Arsenal.

Yes! Please. Would love to have him in the EPL playing at a club which poses no danger to us whatsoever.
He's too slow and laborious for our style of play, and we already have Giroud that more or less plays the same. We need a Speedy Gonzales type up top, someone who could cut through the defense and not just sit there and act like a target man.

Kyoufu

He's too slow and laborious for our style of play, and we already have Giroud that more or less plays the same. We need a Speedy Gonzales type up top, someone who could cut through the defense and not just sit there and act like a target man.

Basically, no Donkeys pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom