• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesun

Do we know how long Kompany is out for yet?

I hope it's a few weeks at least. We've lost Evans again so it would level things up I suppose.

Comparing losing Evans to City losing Kompany.
DvFUO.gif

Clegg

Actually if Arsenal want to spend £20m and £130k a week in wages then more power to them.

It just means that Wenger's fucking insane.

Salazar

Wenger buying Nani makes no sense. You guys are falling for Twitter bollocks already!

I can't wait for the hype, fury, anguish, resentment, bickering cycle of RAWK transfer threads.

Hordes of nut-brained losers who think Cavani is a possibility.

dc89

Police have arrested a 15-year-old boy in connection with racially-aggravated tweets sent to Man Utd's Rio Ferdinand #SSN

Oh boy.

Kyoufu

I can't wait for the hype, fury, anguish, resentment, bickering cycle of RAWK transfer threads.

And none of that is exclusive to RAWK. I followed the summer window on a Newcastle blog and it was mental. :lol

I imagine most PL fans go crazy over transfers.

Salazar

Tell me something I don't already know, friend.

To really help Arsenal in their current state, I don't think Nani could be given so much of a free role.

Which just returns us to questions about his attitude and how he might react. And whether he would be worth the money if you were unprepared to give him latitude to be so mercurial.

He could end up playing as a more competent but not markedly more effective Gervinho.

Kenka

KJH is rumourd to leave Schalke for... 5M£.
That's almost a Kagawa level of bargain. I wish he could leave for the 15M he is worth.

Zabojnik

Holy shit, someone just run over an older citizen in front of the place I work in. He's dead. The deceased was 95yo, the driver apparently just over 18, with a fresh licence. He came to pick up his dad from work and ... Fuck this shit.

nemesun

To really help Arsenal in their current state, I don't think Nani could be given so much of a free role.

Which just returns us to questions about his attitude and how he might react. And whether he would be worth the money if you were unprepared to give him latitude to be so mercurial.

He could end up playing as a more competent but not markedly more effective Gervinho.
The extent of your cruelty never cease to amaze me.

Nemesun, are you on A-M? I went on there a few weeks ago, and that site is still a clusterfuck to use :lol

Left that place ages ago, maybe at the beginning of 2006/07 season?

Zabojnik

Coppa Italia tomorrow! I like it, it's stress-free and a chance for our fringe players to prove why they're fringe players.

Storari
Caceres - Luke Brown - Lolcio

Isla - Padoin Kenobi - Pogba(C) - Giac - Ashton Kutcher

Bendtner - Quag

Lol, what a shit team, but I hope we go for something close to that.

I hope you get your wish. Players like Caceres, Luke Brown, Giakkk and Isla need more games, can't expect to them to play one in three months and shine when we need them to.

I like the new Coppa Italia format. One match, you're either in or out. Fans don't seem to mind it too, the stadium's sold out for tomorrow. Pretty cool, considering it's, well, CI, and the killer weather in Italy these days.

dc89

So I traipsed round Manchester for 2 days with my 3DS in my bag and not a single Street Pass??

WTF Manchester, I thought you were cooler.

Mastadon

Banned

Cavani is a certainty.

I picked up The Woman in the Dunes after you mentioned it in a 'what are you reading' thread a while ago. Wow!

dc89

Is 3DS doing ok in the UK? I don't see any games chart for it (unless it's called Mario).

I guess it's doing so-so.

Paper Mario and Layton are the only first party Christmas/holiday releases. I think they published some other games too but meh at those.

nemesun

Nemesun, are you on A-M? I went on there a few weeks ago, and that site is still a clusterfuck to use :lol

Left that place ages ago, maybe at the beginning of 2006/07 season?

Yeah, I've been a member there since 04/05. That forum is a clusterfuck, it's always down on match days just like Arsenal. I finally snapped and bailed out last year after one of the mods started stealth deleting my posts in that Usmanov thread.

Clegg

Anderson is out for 8 weeks?

The cycle has continued. Starts season well and we begin to think he has a chance of making it. Gets injured, comes back even more unfit than before and takes 2-3 months to regain form.

It's been the same story for three years now. We should seriously look at bringing in a new CM. Ando's fitness can't be relied upon.

Yen

He's too slow and laborious for our style of play, and we already have Giroud that more or less plays the same. We need a Speedy Gonzales type up top, someone who could cut through the defense and not just sit there and act like a target man.
Walcott

nemesun

huntelaar? nani?

it's official: arsenal are no longer a football club.

We haven't been one for ages mate. Haven't you noticed we've been celebrating accounting milestones instead of trophies lately*?

*Welcome to your friendly Arsenal Accounting firm, please enjoy some of our lovely prawn sandwiches and don't forget to sign up for our platinum/gold membership cards.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Holy shit, someone just run over an older citizen in front of the place I work in. He's dead. The deceased was 95yo, the driver apparently just over 18, with a fresh licence. He came to pick up his dad from work and ... Fuck this shit.
Oh wow, poor guy.

95, I would be lucky if I hit 40.
I hope you get your wish. Players like Caceres, Luke Brown, Giakkk and Isla need more games, can't expect to them to play one in three months and shine when we need them to.

I like the new Coppa Italia format. One match, you're either in or out. Fans don't seem to mind it too, the stadium's sold out for tomorrow. Pretty cool, considering it's, well, CI, and the killer weather in Italy these days.

We all know why.

jQMmK6Ortd0c.jpg

Welcome back baby.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Pirlo started all our Coppa games last season, lol? We can't do that this season, Conte better rest him.

Tc91

Anderson is out for 8 weeks?

The cycle has continued. Starts season well and we begin to think he has a chance of making it. Gets injured, comes back even more unfit than before and takes 2-3 months to regain form.

It's been the same story for three years now. We should seriously look at bringing in a new CM. Ando's fitness can't be relied upon.

8 weeks?!?!

Fucking hell. Ando is fooked.

MPW

anderson improved a lot this season or not?

Construction magnate Perez was sitting at the same table as Falcao and Real captain Iker Casillas at an awards ceremony in Madrid and was caught on camera saying to Casillas: "I'm going to ask for a serviette and give it to Falcao".

Perez was referring to an incident at a gala in Monaco in 2000 when he made an offer to Zinedine Zidane by writing "Do you want to play for Madrid?" on a serviette and delivering it to the former Real and France midfielder.

"Be careful they are recording this," a laughing Casillas responded, pointing to the television cameras.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/...jokes-signing-atletico-striker-131247333.html

pull the trigger perez!

Meier

Isn't Meier a Dodgers fan as well? He must win the award for supporting the richest teams in the world.

M£I£R

Hahaha. I've been a Dodgers lifer (there was no baseball team in FL when I was a kid and my bro was a huge Orel Hershiser fan plus our aunt lives in LA) and a Bucs fan since I started following the NFL in the early 90s.

It was definitely ironic when the Glazers bought Man U. Bucs fans typically aren't big fans of theirs either but they did spend a bit this offseason as Andres mentioned so they get a little reprieve. We have had the lowest salary cap (or close to it) for years though and were FAR under the minimum salary for awhile.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/796131_o.gif[IMG]

worth every penny![/QUOTE]

Absolutely! I think having his name in the history book of your club is enough.

[quote][img]http://photo.europe1.fr/infos/zidane-juventus/20462123-1-fre-FR/Zidane-Juventus_scale_930_620.jpg

PJX

anderson improved a lot this season or not?

Construction magnate Perez was sitting at the same table as Falcao and Real captain Iker Casillas at an awards ceremony in Madrid and was caught on camera saying to Casillas: "I'm going to ask for a serviette and give it to Falcao".

Perez was referring to an incident at a gala in Monaco in 2000 when he made an offer to Zinedine Zidane by writing "Do you want to play for Madrid?" on a serviette and delivering it to the former Real and France midfielder.

"Be careful they are recording this," a laughing Casillas responded, pointing to the television cameras.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/...jokes-signing-atletico-striker-131247333.html

pull the trigger perez!

I would rather Real Madrid get him than Chelsea. If he comes to the PL, I'd rather he go to City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom