• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

Don't get me wrong. Beckham is a champ. Got limitless love and admiration for him and it seems like he really has done a good job of lifting the profile of the MLS and more importantly than anything I think he has genuinely enjoyed it.

I just think when he went over to LA, he moved to a level of football which was quite a way below his. And in some ways that is slightly sad for a player of his quality.

I gotcha, hard to argue $$$ though.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Don't get me wrong. Beckham is a champ. Got limitless love and admiration for him and it seems like he really has done a good job of lifting the profile of the MLS and more importantly than anything I think he has genuinely enjoyed it.

I just think when he went over to LA, he moved to a level of football which was quite a way below his. And in some ways that is slightly sad for a player of his quality.

Not sure about MLS overall but he did very well to promote Galaxy as the best MLS team.

1354385487303.gif

So its T'classico tomorrow, I won't pretend I'm not nervous

33 years unbeaten is about to come to an end
:lol

How are Rovers fans feeling at the moment. Sliding down the table a bit since Berg took over.

Slizz

Not sure about MLS overall but he did very well to promote Galaxy as the best MLS team.

I think he did.... Henry and others probably wouldn't have come over if Beckham wasn't here.

More teams have been added with great fan support since he's been here too.

I like the Danish flag next to Alex Fergusons name.

i don't know why but i was watching some brutal fouls and saw this videos again :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Zsd38GssA

classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9JaPJcPEtw

and my "favorite":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27DBI_re_r8

Totti is such a fucking cunt and lol Guerrero always being crazy. I love this compilation of crazy footabllers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Ikq-zM4_4

1354385487303.gif

:lol

How are Rovers fans feeling at the moment. Sliding down the table a bit since Berg took over.

A lot of our fans have turned into demanding cunts and started booing every little thing but on the whole people are happy to give berg time and just pleased Kean is gone

A loss tomorrow may shift opinion as there is a real rivalry with burnley it's quite a fierce Derby.

Although according to sky Rangers v Elgin is a better spectacle

You'd have thunk the rangers v pub team thing would have bored them by now

rodvik

Well, with the way we played, I'm glad we came out with a point. We played poorly. Going into the game I was expecting 3.

I was as well. You cant take the effort away from QPR though. They really went at us.

Interesting to see lambert play 3 at the back. He loves to tinker.

rodvik

A lot of our fans have turned into demanding cunts and started booing every little thing but on the whole people are happy to give berg time and just pleased Kean is gone

A loss tomorrow may shift opinion as there is a real rivalry with burnley it's quite a fierce Derby.

Although according to sky Rangers v Elgin is a better spectacle

You'd have thunk the rangers v pub team thing would have bored them by now

Hmm I wonder if it will be on FoxSoccer over here. Would love to see the game.

edit, never mind, looks like it wont be :(

K1LLER7

The reason United will lose in the PL/CL is beause Fergie sold Gibson. Big game player, he even scored against Bayern in the CL!

Sloosha

Juve are going to lose to Shaktar... then we'll lose to Nordsjaelland for the final kick in the teeth. Thank Cleverley the end of the world is nigh.

jtb

Banned
Lampard is shit now, and he looks ready-made to be Beckham's replacement in LA anyways. Sounds like paper bullshit.

Hoplatee

For the Dutchies - I missed Ajax - PSV. How was the match? Any decent quality or was it another Vitesse - Twente kind of thing that was almost unwatchable or more like PSV - Vitesse which was amazing to watch?

Yeah, picked Vit twice but those matches are nice examples :p

e) editted 100 times, fucked up matches 10 times

Linius

For the Dutchies - I missed Ajax - PSV. How was the match? Any decent quality or was it another Twente - Vitesse like kind of thing that was almost unwatchable.

Far from that. Ajax really did a great job at pushing PSV with their back to the wall and creating lots of chances. Should have scored more in the first half. The second half was some what more open, both sides had their chances (Lens should have scored 1-2) but eventually Ajax stepped up. Mainly Fischer I must add, he assisted Hoesen with great skill and scored the 3-1 him self. Really attractive match to see.

Hoplatee

Far from that. Ajax really did a great job at pushing PSV with their back to the wall and creating lots of chances. Should have scored more in the first half. The second half was some what more open, both sides had their chances (Lens should have scored 1-2) but eventually Ajax stepped up. Mainly Fischer I must add, he assisted Hoesen with great skill and scored the 3-1 him self. Really attractive match to see.

Great to hear. Nice to hear the youth did some good things then.

If you asked me 3 years ago what I thought of Ajax and I would rage hard at them but now I really like them for what they are doing. I don't really support a club but I really like what they are doing over there.

Hope it's a promise of good things to happen. I don't think I can remember more than 3 good matches so far in the Eredivisie. It really has been one shit year so far.

Linius

Great to hear. Nice to hear the youth did some good things then.

If you asked me 3 years ago what I thought of Ajax and I would rage hard at them but now I really like them for what they are doing. I don't really support a club but I really like what they are doing over there.

Life long Ajax supporter here. If Fischer keeps playing like tonight he's gonna be great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPAqQgU0gkI

The goals. Check at 1:55 for some of Fischer's finest actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom