• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

another sign that our team has changed

2,w=591,c=0.bild.jpeg

Gomez saying he doesnt mind coming from the bench if it means we can win the championship. that comes from the same guy who said "i'm not made for the bench" some years ago.

he was always awesome. I've never seen a better professional. especially after fucking everyone bashed him DURING the Euro.

anyway he will definitely not stay as a joker. he's way better than Mandzukic

Xena

Please Corinthians, I don't wanna suffer another 45 mins! Please score more goals right off the bat!!!!

Louca por ti Corinthians!!!!!!!!

Football GAF, what shall I play?

finish XCOM
finish Walking Dead (4&5)
Bioshock 2
DMC (PS2)
DMC2 (PS2)
DMC3 (PS2)
DMC4
Dead Space 2
Prince of Persia
finish Syberia
Dark Souls (should be arriving today)
Sleeping Dogs
Far Cry 3
ME Trilogy (Not got it yet)
Splinter Cell Trilogy (Finished CT many times, PT on PS2)
Crysis 2 (Haven't played Crysis)
Vanquish
Bulletstorm
Machinarium
Darksiders
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
Sly Racoon
Blood Siren
Uncharted: DF (Crushing run for Platinum)

Dark Souls obviously.

Not here yet. Think Zavvi might be telling porkies regarding their dispatch dates. Not sure if its worth starting a game in the interim though

@PQ, dunno stopped doing that after about 5 hours. Like somebody predicted, you lose soldiers far too often to keep up with the way who died and how :p

Carbonox

finish XCOM
finish Walking Dead
Bioshock 2
DMC
DMC2
DMC3
DMC4
Dead Space 2
Prince of Persia
finish Syberia
Dark Souls
Sleeping Dogs
Far Cry 3
ME Trilogy
Splinter Cell Trilogy
Crysis 2
Vanquish
Bulletstorm
Machinarium
Darksiders
Sly Racoon
Blood Siren

DMC1, DMC3, Dark Souls, ME Trilogy and Vanquish are the only valid choices here.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

finish XCOM
finish Walking Dead
Bioshock 2
DMC
DMC2
DMC3
DMC4
Dead Space 2
Prince of Persia
finish Syberia
Dark Souls
Sleeping Dogs
Far Cry 3
ME Trilogy
Splinter Cell Trilogy
Crysis 2
Vanquish
Bulletstorm
Machinarium
Darksiders
Sly Racoon
Blood Siren

Bulletstorm. I just finished it the other week after having it setting on my shelf for ages, great little game.

Vanquish is by far the best game in those options

How long is it? Might go for it

Vanquish, crysis 2, Machinarium, Dead Space2, Walking Dead and Splinter Cell are the ones on the hard drive btw

@Kyoufu, if I had Dark Souls with me right now, I'd be playing the shit out of it

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's good to see Fady posting again.
Chamakh's shite golf-swing of a pen even annoyed me, and I hate Arsenal

Juve Xmas album.

https://itunes.apple.com/it/album/juventus-christmas-soundtrack/id583378147

Pogba picked Britney Spears.

Please take him away.

finish XCOM
finish Walking Dead
Bioshock 2
DMC
DMC2
DMC3
DMC4
Dead Space 2
Prince of Persia
finish Syberia
Dark Souls
Sleeping Dogs
Far Cry 3
ME Trilogy
Splinter Cell Trilogy
Crysis 2
Vanquish
Bulletstorm
Machinarium
Darksiders
Sly Racoon
Blood Siren
I hear FC3 is good?

Crysis 2, if it's on PC. It's just a tech demo really.

Salazar

I can see Fletcher or Sessegnon putting a goal on us this weekend.

The game is about a 2am start for me. I'll be sat there, sustaining myself on some bland kind of biscuit, and we'll go a goal down in the opening fifteen. Book it.

GorillaJu

Newcastle United will soon be saying goodbye to Demba Ba – a striker on the radars of Arsène Wenger, André Villas-Boas, Rafa Benítez, Brendan Rodgers, Roberto Mancini and Tom Cobley – and replacing him with Dynamo Kiev hitman Artem Milevskiy, who is available for a couple of million quid. It may or may not give Alan Pardew pause that Roy Hodgson, when his head was spinning through several axes at once while at Anfield, tried to sign Milevskiy for £14m, a deal that would have registered a full 11 points on Christian Purslow's Carroll Index and sent the needle on the face of Mr Roy's Patented Poulsen-o-meter(TM) shearing clean off.
I lol'd

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Damn, Al-Ahly deserved more. Typical Corinthians too: just one goal and then they did nothing else.

Seems like Paolo Guerrero may be injured too.

Carbonox

Our relegation was the best thing to happen to us in a long time and saw us gradually regrow as a more tidy club. Unfortunately this season has seen owner, manager and player mistakes of gargantuan levels - no doubt a result of being overconfident and acting like we can walk the league after last season's success.

The harsh reality of the league's crazy nature has hit everyone in the face like a sledgehammer. Unless everyone gets a clue, not even another relegation would help like it did before. Starting again over and over will not work unless Mike Ashley truly fucks off. Unless of course, he's savvy to what is wrong with Newcastle and does something about it in January transfer-wise as a stepping stone. Will he though? Of course not. He had a lucky streak during the transfer blitz of Summer 2011, helped the club become financially stable and was generous in January giving us Cisse but that's all he's had to offer to the club. It's irritating as while he's shown glimpses of being someone who truly wants to see the club prosper, he very rarely does anything about it to the point where it suggests he's just winging the whole thing and doesn't really care. I think the club is - or is already - about to become self-sufficient and once that happens, Mike Ashley could technically fuck over the club without a care in the world because the club will make money for him, regardless.

Either way, it looks like the celebrations on Tyneside were premature at the end of last season. Playing in the Europa League isn't worth all of this mess. I'd rather we get knocked out ASAP and save us the embarrassment until Newcastle is truly ready to compete on all fronts. We can't even give the Carling Cup/FA Cup a good whack. Such is the sorry state of our squad's depth and the reluctance to do anything about it. Can't even put out a competitive team anymore. Our best 11 is a shambles.

Kyoufu

Our relegation was the best thing to happen to us in a long time and saw us gradually regrow as a more tidy club. Unfortunately this season has seen owner, manager and player mistakes of gargantuan levels - no doubt a result of being overconfident and acting like we can walk the league after last season's success.

The harsh reality of the league's crazy nature has hit everyone in the face like a sledgehammer. Unless everyone gets a clue, not even another relegation would help like it did before. Starting again over and over will not work unless Mike Ashley truly fucks off. Unless of course, he's savvy to what is wrong with Newcastle and does something about it in January transfer-wise as a stepping stone. Will he though? Of course not. He had a lucky streak during the transfer blitz of Summer 2011, helped the club become financially stable and was generous in January giving us Cisse but that's all he's had to offer to the club. It's irritating as while he's shown glimpses of being someone who truly wants to see the club prosper, he very rarely does anything about it to the point where it suggests he's just winging the whole thing and doesn't really care. I think the club is - or is already - about to become self-sufficient and once that happens, Mike Ashley could technically fuck over the club without a care in the world because the club will make money for him, regardless.

Either way, it looks like the celebrations on Tyneside were premature at the end of last season. Playing in the Europa League isn't worth all of this mess. I'd rather we get knocked out ASAP and save us the embarrassment until Newcastle is truly ready to compete on all fronts. We can't even give the Carling Cup/FA Cup a good whack. Such is the sorry state of our squad's depth and the reluctance to do anything about it. Can't even put out a competitive team anymore. Our best 11 is a shambles.

100% agreed. Lets hug. :(

The_Joker

Corinthians finally scores through a corner! Wasn't Guerrero just playing last season in Europe?

unfortunately we had to sell him :( he earned 4,5 million € a year which was way too much for us without the europa league...

another sign that our team has changed

2,w=591,c=0.bild.jpeg

Gomez saying he doesnt mind coming from the bench if it means we can win the championship. that comes from the same guy who said "i'm not made for the bench" some years ago.

ROWsb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom