• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there much of a Fifa playing community in here/on GAF these days? Its pretty much all I play now and I'm still absolutely terrible at it. Play ultimate team mostly.

rvy

Banned
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
ibaW30ADr57oVm.gif
ibaW30ADr57oVm.gif
ibaW30ADr57oVm.gif
ibaW30ADr57oVm.gif

We missed you too dude!

ieKWUDQqluEw1.gif

ShogunX

I still have no fucking clue what Mancini is thinking in not playing Tevez more often as of late. He's the only striker who is scoring!

He's trying to keep his other strikers happy despite the fact that it's harming the team performances. On merit it has to be Aguero and Tevez every week with Dzeko rotated when needed. Balotelli needs to be moved on and his spot given to a young talented player who isn't at the club for the money and is prepared to work for his place.

It's also a big problem with City in that even when they change their formation they only seem to be able to play one way. It's cost them badly in the Champions league for two years running now.

The back papers and Sky are reporting a collapse of relations in Arsenal, specifically between Wenger and Bould. I'm not sure how significant a bust up between the two would be or what this represents in general but it is perhaps the beginning of a media campaign against Wenger

The back papers and Sky are reporting a collapse of relations in Arsenal, specifically between Wenger and Bould. I'm not sure how significant a bust up between the two would be or what this represents in general but it is perhaps the beginning of a media campaign against Wenger

I've seen that being reported like a month or so ago.

If they had fallen out and Wenger wanted him gone I would have thought he would go.

jtb

Banned

I say good. Wenger needs to be challenged. Get some blood pumping in that dressing room. Too many yes-men have allowed the club to continually slide backwards.

The papers and the media can't to do shit and won't have any influence on whether or not Wenger gets sacked or steps down, we know that he's stubborn as hell. And there's been rumors of a falling out between Bould and Wenger since the first loss of the season; this is nothing new.

Yen

Man, the Pointless application is thorough. Wilbury will definitely get on, they always have dickhead liberal arts students on.

rodvik

I will go with this. I mean sure, it sucks to be knocked out of the Capital One cup but so have a lot of other clubs further up the table than Arsenal. I fail to see the crisis.

Its not like Arsenal got smashed in regular time, they went out on penalties. This kind of thing happens every year or so in knock out competitions. Press over reaction is ridiculous imho.

ShogunX

I will go with this. I mean sure, it sucks to be knocked out of the Capital One cup but so have a lot of other clubs further up the table than Arsenal. I fail to see the crisis.

Its not like Arsenal got smashed in regular time, they went out on penalties. This kind of thing happens every year or so in knock out competitions. Press over reaction is ridiculous imho.

The problem is that a near full strength Arsenal team couldn't beat a team from League 2 which is basically Division four. That is one league away from non league football.

This is the same Arsenal squad that is pretty much out of contention for the league, face a tough draw in the Champions League and are away to Swansea in the FA Cup. It's looking like this 7 and a half year wait for a trophy is going to become eight and a half years.

fuenf

Bundesliga will be interesting this weekend.

The DFL and the majority of the German professional football teams agreed on new safety rules (that include some questionable rules). In the last I think two (or three) match days, fans protested against this by silence in the first 12:12 minutes (which is creepy).

I totally expect some crazy shit to happen.

Most likely the so called 'fans' will only prove the DFL and the football teams right. I know some rules are questionable, but so are some of the requests by the fans. Shitty situation overall, I just wish the Ultras would go away and hopefully this will be another step into that direction.

Btw. I found this article rather interesting http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussbal...zis-und-hooligans-unter-ordnern-a-872213.html It's a real shame what's happening in some of Dortmund's fan groups.

Is the Sky bit about what Stewart Robson said on SSN?

rodvik

The problem is that a near full strength Arsenal team couldn't beat a team from League 2 which is basically Division four. That is one league away from non league football.

This is the same Arsenal squad that is pretty much out of contention for the league, face a tough draw in the Champions League and are away to Swansea in the FA Cup. It's looking like this 7 and a half year wait for a trophy is going to become eight and a half years.

Shrug, and Wenger will probably get them to a top 4 finish again. Lower league teams doing some giant killing isnt that big a deal, werent you lot knocked out by Northampton also League 2 just two years ago? It happens.

It is beautiful isn't it?

It kind of is. He's a cunt, but a cunt I can like cause it's him and Per Bjerregaard alone completely destroying Brøndby, it's hilarious cause the club got a lot of potential in terms of fans and such... But those two people are just so amazingly incompetent and they refuse to give away any power. :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Seems like the Drogba story is actually real.

Hey I'll take him for one-two seasons. His left nut can score/head the ball better than all our strikers combined.

With Llorente or whatever being our main/long-term target in the summer.

Plasma

Banned

Quick ready the broken cannons.

Anyone got a good name for a hotel?

I'm out of ideas, most already used by other hotels :(

Lovestains

What a twat Xavi is. Cordoba player just standing next to the ball on a Barca free kick before getting the chance to get away from it, Xavi kicks it at him and whinges at the ref

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I know we don't buy twats like Tevez anymore, but fuck, I'd take him. On the pitch, he's the perfect Conte-player.

Has Llorente even really played this season? Would be hilarious with an overated out of form 28 year old to Juventus in the summer.

I'm sure he'll get his fitness back in pre-season.

Zabojnik

Best pass accuracy in the final third (top 5 leagues this season): Barcelona 82.3%, Arsenal 77.7%, Man Utd 76.9%, Man City 76.7%, Juve 75.8%.

I'm actually quite surprised we're there, because I can't recall a single successful pass from Vucinic.

vucinicsaysfuckyouyurt.gif

vucinicyurt.gif

pulga

Banned
Has Llorente even really played this season? Would be hilarious with an overated out of form 28 year old to Juventus in the summer.

Meh, I don't want Llorente for Juve. He's good but he's not WC good. Plus the age thing and not even playing anymore.

Can we swoop Suarez? I imagine he wants to play CL football at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom