• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

1352410971691.gif

#TeamJaw is the worst idea since someone wanted Andres as a mod.

#TeamJaw has been a thing for a long time around here. Ever since I embraced the beauty of a strong Olivia jaw.

Going to Norfolk tomorrow and staying in a windmill for the weekend for my mates 21st. Going to be freezing and I'm going to miss the football :'(

Salazar

Paul Reece ‏@PaulReece10
Beardsley talk-in, Pedro revealed he would like the club to sign PSG striker Kevin Gamiero and revealed United offered £17m for Carrol #nufc

Does he mean . . . Manchester United ?

Tom Cleverley has come of age and proved he is ready to assume the mantle as Manchester United's midfield maestro.

That is the verdict of Bryan Robson - aka Captain Marvel, the man who knows more than anyone else what it takes to become the heart of the Old Trafford outfit.

YESSSSSSS, ROBBO

Comolli nonsense

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kbb8o7

The plans that Comolli and Dalglish had for this season — Shinji Kagawa, Olivier Giroud and Demba Ba are understood to have been their main transfer targets as they sought greater firepower — did not come to fruition and Comolli regards that as a missed opportunity, particularly given the progress he feels had been made.

:lol :lol :lol

Jordan Henderson From: Sunderland. Cost: £14 million. Now: Liverpool, mainly used as a substitute. Success? Chosen ahead of Mario Götze, the Borussia Dortmund playmaker, he is slowly forcing his way back into contention

:lol

Salazar

newcastle obviously, see #nufc and ex-newcastle striker peter beardsley. them trying to bring big andy home to compliment pardew's long ball strategy was in the press all summer.

Yeah, but 17 fucking million.

It's under half what Liverpool paid and it's still funny.

Empty

Yeah, but 17 fucking million.

It's under half what Liverpool paid and it's still funny.

yeah i know, pardew was clearly impressed by his open goal dive against them or maybe he bought into the rawk (pre-loaning him out) bollocks that he was a titan based on four games at the end of last season.

i mean they don't even have nolan to play in the crosses anymore, their best players cabaye and ben arfa don't compliment his style much at all.

Salazar

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe
26% - Manchester United are scoring with around one in four of their headed attempts this season. Nodding.

Pretty good, considering that the standard of crossing - except for RVP - hasn't seemed all that amazing.

Pretty good, considering that the standard of crossing - except for RVP - hasn't seemed all that amazing.
Pretty surprised at that. Does that include headers from corners? Seems like, as is the case for most teams, there a few wayward headers each match from corners.

Rooneys crossing is still very good though.

Canuck76

Banned
So how did Mancity actually become a good team? I mean i know they got supermario and whatnot but structurally how did they become a good club? Just massive amounts of money and signings?

Because historically everyone's always splooged on ManU right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom