• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
This site, Soccersavings.com, is having a decent sale on last seasons boots. If you play, or need a new pair, you might consider them. They're located in Chicago and ship internationally. I've used them a few times for a jacket and shirt and can vouch for them.

By English you mean Hollywood I suppose? Or a UK film?

I still don't get why Hollywood always feels the need to do a remake on so many European films. They're almost always worse than the original.
To make it easier for people who don't like subtitles and foreigners :p more money too.

Thanks for the website

Salvadora

By English you mean Hollywood I suppose? Or a UK film?

I still don't get why Hollywood always feels the need to do a remake on so many European films. They're almost always worse than the original.

Oh I meant an English language version :p I was going to say western and then realized France is in the west!

i6YVakCiMRixu.gif

SuperTom
Tom y u so amazing.

Linius

H6EpK.png

If all goes as expected it will be 37-37-37-36 tomorrow. Crazy season so far.

After tomorrow just one match left for this year.

jtb

Banned
The rumour of an english adaptation makes me quesy.

Yeah it sounds terrible. And the sad thing is, the movie's really got all the right traits for Oscar success, so it's inevitable that the Academy will give it to the shittier Hollywood remake.

Only way to save it is to cast Idris Elba.

Wes

venison crêpe
This site, Soccersavings.com, is having a decent sale on last seasons boots. If you play, or need a new pair, you might consider them. They're located in Chicago and ship internationally. I've used them a few times for a jacket and shirt and can vouch for them.

This post made me think of something I was going to raise the other day. I don't play football although I'm an avid follower of the game. How many of you are the same or am I just a rare breed?

Linius

This post made me think of something I was going to raise the other day. I don't play football although I'm an avid follower of the game. How many of you are the same or am I just a rare breed?

I've played football for ten years.

I'm the little dude on the right celebrating our championship :p

I've only been champion once :(

Yen

Speaking of bad remakes, how bad is American Oldboy going to be? It'll be worse than that Jon Favreau Seventh Seal that's in development.

Carbonox

I've been playing football pretty much all my life. It's a good release.

I was never champion. My club lost in the semis due to pens (the winning team went on to win the championship easily). A player from our club's lower div team went to take the pen and missed. I still give him shit to this day.

I got 2nd multiple times.

fml

I played for 10 years.

I get pissed off I didn't progress as much I would have liked. I scored 18 goals as a striker when I was 7 (team finished 2nd place), and I was moved to central midfielder the next year. I always played different positions (rec) to compensate for shit teammates. Our practice sessions (for rec) were shit as well. My fucking uncle couldn't coach for shit. I basically played for 2 teams. One in rec (august to november) and one in club (year round)

Wes

venison crêpe
I haven't played a real game for probably 6-7 years and that was only a works 6 a side thing (which we won).

I used to play keeper in school until a tragic event, which if you spoke to my family, they'd probably said had a bigger impact on my life in terms of outlook socially and what now than you could possibly imagine. I didn't score during a penalty shootout in the final and we lost. Parents of the other kids were really mean to me as a result apparently, not that I can remember.

Linius

I was never champion. My club lost in the semis due to pens (the winning team went on to win the championship easily). A player from our club's lower div team went to take the pen and missed. I still give him shit to this day.

I got 2nd multiple times.

fml

I played for 10 years.

That sucks bad. So close but still nothing. What was your position in the field? I played as a right winger. Was quite fast back then.

Oh and I once had to take the winning penalty in a tournament finale. Was really happy about that one going in. I wasn't on the intial list but the penalty's kept on going because they kept on scoring so I had to go too :p

I got screwed out of a cup because the FA wouldn't let me play cause I only played 4 games since joining the team and needed 5 to play in the cup :(. We won the league 4 times though! I was very Torres like. Score for like 2/3 weeks usually a hat trick then not score for months haha. I heard recently my year group of that team disbanded :(

Played avidly for the last 6/7 years.

At Uni my team won the league back to back. Was awesome. As captain I got to receive the trophy too :D

Haven't been playing as much since I left uni in the summer...need to get back into it.

Playing football for my own team makes me care alot less about United actually.

Hah that's pretty awesome. I played a lot of football as a kid, had to stop for half a year and never returned back because I just didn't feel like it, maybe cause we never won shit. Will go and play every now and then in the summer purely for fun, last summer was harsh though, realized what terrible shape I am in now. :lol

That sucks bad. So close but still nothing. What was your position in the field? I played as a right winger. Was quite fast back then.

Oh and I once had to take the winning penalty in a tournament finale. Was really happy about that one going in. I wasn't on the intial list but the penalty's kept on going because they kept on scoring so I had to go too :p

I started off as a striker, and was moved to central midfield for some reason. My last few years I switched to sweeper and then to fullback. I was never great at defending, but I switched there because I was better than some of the defenders.

I still get angry that I never stayed at one position, so I will never know how good I could have been. Especially because I was a good striker.

Playing football for my own team makes me care alot less about United actually.

iDJQIPSZpQN3i.gif

3Sixty

My school team was beast. We dominated district and County cups. Though we did regularly have Lukas Jutkiewicz in our team who can currently be seen smashing the goals in for Middlesbrough. My crowning glory was saving a penalty to send us through to the later stages of the National cup. Which we lost the next game after I was dropped for off field allegations.

Randdalf

I'm really bad at football in general but I did once score 4 goals (one a Beckham-esque free kick) during a cub scout football tournament on the way to the final. There were loads of local teams with proper shirts and some even had sponsors on them, we just had blue sweatshirts that looked like they'd been brought back from the 60s. Our one advantage was that we were the home team, playing in a park a hundred metres from our usual meeting place. The tactic we played consisted of getting the ball up front to our only good player (and striker) as quick as possible, and he ended up scoring the majority of our goals including a stunning one from the halfway line in the final. Unfortunately, our luck ran out in the final and we lost 7-1. It was a miracle that we got as far as we did.

When I was even younger than that, I scored 4 goals in one match at my first visit to a 5-a-side soccer school, but I don't think I ever scored many more after that. The instructors nicknamed me Prosinecki, not because of any prodigious talent, but because I wore a Portsmouth shirt with his name on the back.

The only other time I've played football and done well was one time during school. The teacher passed it to me and I did a lovely dummy past one the school's best players; unfortunately it was a complete accident. I was trying to trap the ball on the right wing but I misjudged it and it went under my foot, so I turned after it, inadvertently taking me past the aforementioned guy who was trying to tackle me. A few people congratulated me, but I admitted it wasn't real to my friends afterwards.

I haven't played football since secondary school, except kickabouts in the park. I do really enjoy playing it, but I find it disheartening and intimidating whenever I play against somebody who's actually good.

Carbonox

My school team was beast. We dominated district and County cups. Though we did regularly have Lukas Jutkiewicz in our team who can currently be seen smashing the goals in for Middlesbrough. My crowning glory was saving a penalty to send us through to the later stages of the National cup. Which we lost the next game after I was dropped for off field allegations.

You were the town's pedo weren't you?

Linius

Wooden do you watch these typical Danish black humor films like Adam's Apples? I'm looking for some movies like that one, you might have some recommendations? You Danes make awesome (drama) films.

I started off as a striker, and was moved to central midfield for some reason. My last few years I switched to sweeper and then to fullback. I was never great at defending, but I switched there because I was better than some of the defenders.

I still get angry that I never stayed at one position, so I will never know how good I could have been. Especially because I was a good striker.

My coaches only switched me between LM/RM/RF luckily. Guess my physique had something to do with me never having to play in as a defender :p

Wooden do you watch these typical Danish black humor films like Adam's Apples? I'm looking for some movies like that one, you might have some recommendations? You Danes make awesome (drama) films.

Yeah I did watch that and kind of liked it, haven't kept much up with Danish movies in recent years but we got lots of comedy drama like it. Actually the director of Adams Apple made two pretty good ones.

Blinkende Lygter/flickering lights is easily my favorite of them, although a lot also really like the green butchers.

que chingados!? is that wilbur(y)?

Yes. :lol

Linius

Yeah I did watch that and kind of liked it, haven't kept much up with Danish movies in recent years but we got lots of comedy drama like it. Actually the director of Adams Apple made two pretty good ones.

Blinkende Lygter/flickering lights is easily my favorite of them, although a lot also really like the green butchers.

Yeah, I saw those too. Got them in a box with Adam's Apples for only seven euros. Like Adam's Apples best :D

Hoped you had some more insights being a Dane :p

My mom is hooked on Scandinavian crime series at the moment. The Killing and The Bridge really created a hype over here.

Played for a few different teams growing up, as well as every school I went to. Won the cup, won the league, won it all. I play Thursday nights at Goals now, and sometimes in my Uni league on weekends.

The best by far was inter-house football. I went to a Harry Potter school, so if you imagine all the events from that, house cup and all, that's what it was like. There was nothing better than winning the inter-house football shield.

bud

i played football until i was about seventeen, and i was pretty good, too, actually. as long as i was playing with kids my age, anyway...

this one time i got selected for a squad consisting solely of the oldest middle school students for this school football tournament. i was nine or ten, and all those guys were twelve.

i never felt comfortable there because i didn't know anyone, and i was just really, really shy. i was remember coming on somewhere in the second half, and i was so incredibly nervous, i ended up injuring one of my own team mates.

i started on the bench, but i got some playing time in the second half. i distinctly remember the ball ending up somewhere in the middle circle, and i was so uncomfortable, i completely lost my touch and i blacked out. i'm not even joking. the first thing that came to mind was to hoof the ball, but it somehow ended up with me shooting it in the stomach of one of my own team mates. he felt sick, and couldn't continue; he had to be taken off.

the teacher, who was the coach, took me off again only a few minutes later. i was completely lost. he didn't even talk to me anymore after that.

he kept me on the bench during the following games. ;_;

Yeah, I saw those too. Got them in a box with Adam's Apples for only seven euros. Like Adam's Apples best :D

Hoped you had some more insights being a Dane :p

My mom is hooked on Scandinavian crime series at the moment. The Killing and The Bridge really created a hype over here.

Forgot about In China They Eat Dogs which is probably better than the ones I mentioned. Without that much dark humor (although a bit) is also The Celebration which is just a great movie.

If you want some real dark humor with drama, you should look up the mini series called Riget though, Lars von Trier being the creator might turn you off, but if you can give it a chance, it's a fantastic mini series and was before Trier got too pretentious, he was young and only crazy at this point. Seriously one of my favorite shows ever. Avoid the American remake at all.

Batongen

Banned
I played in a decent team, as a right wingback, right midfield, till I was about 17.

We won a few tournaments and represented our district a few times. Personal high must have been a solo raid goal from half line (very Messiesque), Van Basten like volley, or a Klinsmann diving header.

Lowest point was losing to a Brazilian team, featuring Julio "The Beast" Baptista, in Gothia Cup by 16 - 0 (even though I was rested) and some injury problems before I decided to just continue playing for fun. At least I played alongside a Swedish international - Mikael Antonsson.

Linius

Forgot about In China They Eat Dogs which is probably better than the ones I mentioned. Without that much dark humor is also The Celebration which is just a great movie.

If you want some real dark humor with drama, you should look up the mini series called Riget though, Lars von Trier being the creator might turn you off, but if you can give it a chance, it's a fantastic mini series and was before Trier got too pretentious, he was young and only crazy at this point. Seriously one of my favorite shows ever. Avoid the American remake at all.

Thanks! Festen is great indeed, saw it on TV last year. Gonna check out the other two :)

Oh btw, saw that gif you posted in the funny pics thread about a dude being in love with his car. And the funny thing is, this guy's name is Nathaniel :p

I used to play everywhere for my team! I even played in goal once cause we were winning something silly like 10-0 and our goalie wanted to play upfront haha. I conceded one when going down to collect the ball and it hit a divit in the ground and lobbed me :(

I played in a decent team, as a right wingback, right midfield, till I was about 17.

We won a few tournaments and represented our district a few times. Personal high must have been a solo raid goal from half line (very Messiesque), Van Basten like volley, or a Klinsmann diving header.

Lowest point was losing to a Brazilian team, featuring Julio "The Beast" Baptista, in Gothia Cup by 16 - 0 (even though I was rested) and some injury problems before I decided to just continue playing for fun. At least I played alongside a Swedish international - Mikael Antonsson.

I never got to play in the Gothia cup. The one year I actually got selected I couldn't go. I know there were some incredible teams at that tournament though.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Thanks! Festen is great indeed, saw it on TV last year. Gonna check out the other two :)

Oh btw, saw that gif you posted in the funny pics thread about a dude being in love with his car. And the funny thing is, this guy's name is Nathaniel :p

Sup papi you want your revenge?

I feel pretty good right about now

just finished watching TDKR again!

Vivalaraza said:
Apparently Shinji was doing gangnam style tonight at Rosso. There must be footage of that somewhere

Shinjury!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom