• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antti

This is all okay I suppose, but it would be nice to get past the fucking second round :/ but Mou's gonna leave in a blaze of glory with the CL this year.

Although I don't understand why we couldn't get Milan...

I think you're overestimating Real Madrid. Sure, they're the favorites, but it's not exactly a given that ManU would get knocked out...

Kenka

I think the event is actually broadcast with a delay: how can you exactly choose the right ball among the ones in the poll each time? Seems rather complicated. But this raises questions: the draw might have been edited before it was aired, which leads us again to ethical questions.
That picture was already posted yesterday on a BVB forum. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I never believed that crap UEFA pulled off was completely clean but come on, that's ridiculous.

Edit: Not yesterday but 11 hours ago on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4966161829891&set=o.134904013188254&type=1&theater
OK, now shit is fucked up.
Re-draw UEFA.

fuenf

I think the event is actually broadcast with a delay: how can you exactly choose the right ball among the ones in the poll each time? Seems rather complicated. But this raises questions: the draw might have been edited before it was aired, which leads us again to ethical questions.

A computer shows the right combination.

K1LLER7

This is all okay I suppose, but it would be nice to get past the fucking second round :/ but Mou's gonna leave in a blaze of glory with the CL this year.

Although I don't understand why we couldn't get Milan...
You'll have to beat the big teams sooner or later I guess. Madrid have been poor this year defensively so I'm thinking we'll grab a goal or 2. Just depend on how much we concede.

Good thing is the 2nd leg is at home.

Wilbur

Banned
They did mention earlier that in the rehearsal draw "yesterday", United got Madrid

But every single one to turn out exactly the same? the fuck man

You'll have to beat the big teams sooner or later I guess. Madrid have been poor this year defensively so I'm thinking we'll grab a goal or 2. Just depend on how much we concede.

Good thing is the 2nd leg is at home.

I'd rather get them later on. There's going to be people fucking giving shit about both us and Arsenal failing in Europe even though we'll get beaten by better teams.

Kenka

Absolutely delighted with that draw! Shaktar - Dortmund should be a great game! Arsenal and United both fairly screwed? Celtic too...

With all the shit that is just exploding, there might be a re-draw. Even sooner than later. Or a suspension of all UEFA activities before this is sorted out.

They also got right the whole home/away thing in that pic. Whatever, we apparently got Barcelona even in the rehearsal. We can focus on the league, just like last year :D

FootballFan

How come when Milan was pulled out, Barca was the only option even though PSG was there?? :S

Unless I am forgetting something. PSG wasn't in Milan's group and they aren't in the Serie A.

That picture was already posted yesterday on a BVB forum. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I never believed that crap UEFA pulled off was completely clean but come on, that's ridiculous.

Edit: Not yesterday but 11 hours ago on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4966161829891&set=o.134904013188254&type=1&theater

wat

and damn Juve getting lucky with their draw.

Chelsea will be the last English team to be alive in Europe AGAIN!!!!

Yes, "lucky"

Representing the country while holding the flag high. :']

That picture proves nothing. You honestly think that if UEFA rigged this they'd do it like that ? With a screen that shows the future results ? If they fix this shit they do it in the backroom.

Yeah when thinking about it the chances of those exact matches being drawn is pretty big, but still a bit of a coincidence.

Someone sign Willian, NOW! :|

Galatasaray(TUR) - Schalke(GER) [both games will be away games for Schalolke]
Celtic(SCO) - Juventus(ITA) [unless Juve signs Willian!]
Arsenal(ENG) - Bayern(GER) [unless Poldi is out for revenge]
Shakhtar Donetsk(UKR) - Dortmund(GER) [I hope so, but could go either way tbh.]
Milan(ITA) - Barcelona(ESP) [bye Milan]
Real Madrid(ESP) - Man. United(ENG) [bye Mancs]
Valencia(ESP) - PSG(FRA) [could go either way though]
Porto(POR) - Málaga(ESP) [those will be awesome games]

/edit²
Here is the template if you'd like to post your predictions:

Galatasaray(TUR) - Schalke(GER)
Celtic(SCO) - Juventus(ITA)
Arsenal(ENG) - Bayern(GER)
Shakhtar Donetsk(UKR) - Dortmund(GER)
Milan(ITA) - Barcelona(ESP)
Real Madrid(ESP) - Man. United(ENG)
Valencia(ESP) - PSG(FRA)
Porto(POR) - Málaga(ESP)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The real draw being identical to the rehearsal is...odd.

Some cracking ties though, only Milan - Barcelona is a foregone conclusion.

That picture proves nothing. You honestly think that if UEFA rigged this they'd do it like that ? With a screen that shows the future results ? If they fix this shit they do it in the backroom.

HUBRIS
platini_2263365b.jpg

btw, has anyone heard of PSG getting a 150+ million a year sponsorship from the Qatar Tourism Authority? Financial Fair Play has no chance.

Kenka

Valencia(ESP) - PSG(FRA)
Porto(POR) - Málaga(ESP)

btw, is there a pic of the Europa League "rehearsal draw"? That could settle it.
Would be hilarious that they make the same mistake in case they actually fixed the games.
And they might have, I am off to the math thread.

K1LLER7

Valencia(ESP) - PSG(FRA)
Porto(POR) - Málaga(ESP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom