• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

United will not lose against Real.
unfotunately, Real sucks too much this year.

Bayern are the masters of fucking up.

I have no doubt that they'll do their utmost to lose to Arsenal.

wat? what the hell are you talking about? seriously your bayern hate is fucking ridiculous

FootballFan

Galatasaray(TUR) - Schalke(GER)
Celtic(SCO) - Juventus(ITA)
Arsenal(ENG) - Bayern(GER)
Shakhtar Donetsk(UKR) - Dortmund(GER)
Milan(ITA) - Barcelona(ESP)
Real Madrid(ESP) - Man. United(ENG)
Valencia(ESP) - PSG(FRA)
Porto(POR) - Málaga(ESP)

That is what I picked too! :D

I hope United win, but I don't see it.

ShogunX

Wow just got up and seen the draw and there are some very interesting matches. I know it isn't the highlight but Dortmund v Shakhtar will be a great set of matches.

Think we find out soon who we play in the EUROPA LEAGUE!

Clegg

United will not lose against Real.
unfotunately, Real sucks too much this year.

wat? what the hell are you talking about? seriously your bayern hate is fucking ridiculous

I don't hate Bayern. Don't let Fry's delusions fool you.

And historically they have been known to fuck up quite a bit in the CL.

fuenf

I have the feeling we're gonna fuck up against Arsenal. I don't know how, but we will.

I'm feeling pretty confident, but they could expose us on counter-attacks. Especially with Boateng out, our defense will be relatively slow. The question is how good there defense will hold up, worst case scenario would be a Chelsia-like luck fueled... let's not think about it. Hopefully Mertesacker will start at CB for them.

spidye

I don't hate Bayern. Don't let Fry's delusions fool you.

And historically they have been known to fuck up quite a bit in the CL.

you mean the cl final last year? we lost in a penalty shoot-out.
we always were pretty good in the round of 16 and QF in the last 5 years. I just don't see how it makes us masters of fucking up

Not happy about Donetsk at all, will be hard as fuck.

Also:
Galatasaray(TUR) - Schalke(GER)
Celtic(SCO) - Juventus(ITA)
Arsenal(ENG) - Bayern(GER)
Shakhtar Donetsk(UKR) - Dortmund(GER)
Milan(ITA) - Barcelona(ESP)
Real Madrid(ESP) - Man. United(ENG)
Valencia(ESP) - PSG(FRA)
Porto(POR) - Málaga(ESP)

fuenf

we were pretty good in the round of 16 and QF in the last 5 years. I just don't see how it makes us masters of fucking up

you are forgetting that round of 16 match against Inter in 2011..

Wow just got up and seen the draw and there are some very interesting matches. I know it isn't the highlight but Dortmund v Shakhtar will be a great set of matches.

Think we find out soon who we play in the EUROPA LEAGUE!

To me Porto v. Malaga has greater potential.
But I agree that the games are going to be great and I really believe it could go either way.
But the odds could be against them because of this:
2012–13 Ukrainian Premier League: Currently, the competition is in a winter break which began 2 December. The competition is to resume 3 March 2013.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Ukrainian_Premier_League

The first legs will be played on 12, 13, 19 and 20 February, and the second legs will be played on 5, 6, 12 and 13 March 2013.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_UEFA_Champions_League#Round_of_16

So they'll play out of their winter break while we'll be up to speed because our league's winter break ends in mid January.

Clegg

we were pretty good in the round of 16 and QF in the last 5 years. I just don't see how it makes us masters of fucking up

Last year was a pretty big fuck up.

So was the final against Inter.

So was the final against United.

I'm not hating on Bayern. But they've most definitely made a mess out of the CL.

spidye

Last year was a pretty big fuck up.

So was the final against Inter.

So was the final against United.

I'm not hating on Bayern. But they've most definitely made a mess out of the CL.

don't argue with last year. we fucked it up.

we deserved to lose to inter. they were much better. it's like saying United fucked it up against Barca when in fact there was not even a slight chance of winning the trophy.

we are not talking about finals though. this is the round of 16.

Oxx

Real ain't been all that great recently. Obviously they're gonna put all their eggs in the CL basket, but they have problems.

Clegg

I think United will have an idea on how to defend against Ronaldo. He was with us for seven years after all.

Ozil will be a big problem though.

Mastadon

Banned
I think United will have an idea on how to defend against Ronaldo.

Yep. Unfortunately, that idea is Johnny Evans.

Some fantastic ties, looking forward to it.

OptaJoe on Twitter: "Norwich City are the only English side to win an away European match against Bayern Munich (in 12 attempts). Fortress."

Messi

I think United will have an idea on how to defend against Ronaldo. He was with us for seven years after all.

Ozil will be a big problem though.

I feel like Ronaldo has evolved a lot since his time at united. I think Madrids midfield will tear UTDs apart sadly. I wanted Utd vs Barca final #3

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
OptaJoe on Twitter: "Norwich City are the only English side to win an away European match against Bayern Munich (in 12 attempts). Fortress."

Terry595.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom