• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Pep to City one day. Everything is in place for him, his mates are upstairs, we're building a new academy in the hope of one day it fueling the first team.

PEP PEP PEP PEP!!

And then Pep ends up failing spectacularly and it turns out he isn't quite the managerial wonderkid as everyone thought he was.

Guardiola and Mourinho to Chelsea
Mark Hughes back to City
Martin O'Neil to United
Alex McLeish to Arsenal
Steve Kean to Liverpool
Alan Pardew 8 more years at Newcastle

Carbonox

Guardiola and Mourinho to Chelsea
Mark Hughes back to City
Martin O'Neil to United
Alex McLeish to Arsenal
Steve Kean to Liverpool
Alan Pardew 8 more years at Newcastle

image.php

Empty

i think pep would prefer: 1) city 2) united 3) arsenal 4) chelsea. whereas mourinho would prefer 1) united 2) chelsea 3) city 4) arsenal. call me delusional but i think mourinho with his ego absolutely relishes the possibility of succeeding ferguson, with the jobs he's taken at top clubs already it's the only one that's really a new challenge instead of a change of scenery.

Arnie

So Wii U's launch performance in the UK was similar to that of Vita. Yikes.
Is anyone surprised? Are you?

Shit piece of hardware with shit launch software that's overpriced and under-advertised. I got a B in GCSE maths, but even I can add that one up.
I hate RedCafe sometimes.

People there are arguing that Lewandowski isn't that much better than Welbeck and Hernandez.

RAWK something something bla bla nonsense...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
All the new consoles are going to struggle IMO. 3DS, Vita, Wii U have already flopped at launch and unless the 720 and PS4 have some mind-blowing Wii Sports/Halo calibre launch title then they will struggle as well. Normal people don't have £300 to spend on a games console when they can just keep playing CoD and FIFA on their existing one.

Arnie

All the new consoles are going to struggle IMO. 3DS, Vita, Wii U have already flopped at launch and unless the 720 and PS4 have some mind-blowing Wii Sports/Halo calibre launch title then they will struggle as well. Normal people don't have £300 to spend on a games console when they can just keep playing CoD and FIFA on their existing one.

The next Xbox will sell far better than the Wii U, even with guff launch software and an inflated price point. People will buy something that does more than what they currently have, the Wii U doesn't have that novelty. It offers people the same calibre of experience they've been enjoying for over half a decade, and charges them more to do so.

Launch hardware never does phenomenally, mostly because hardware manufacturers can only produce limited units, but there's a difference between that and what's currently happening with the Wii U.

Kyoufu

Pretty much. I think the new Xbox will do well in the UK/US though. Strong brand in those regions unless MS fucks it up with bad pricing.

dc89

Is anyone surprised? Are you?

Shit piece of hardware with shit launch software that's overpriced and under-advertised. I got a B in GCSE maths, but even I can add that one up.

RAWK something something bla bla nonsense...

I'm currently trying to out Hitman you at Hitman.

Arnie

I'm currently trying to out Hitman you at Hitman.

I love that feature, although it's a blessing and a curse. The game doesn't do a very good job of facilitating utter stealth, instead ushering you to make kills and use your instinct, which in turn frustrates those of us who'd prefer to go unnoticed and with as little footprint as possible. Plus, the disguise system is absolutely awful.

Some baffling design decisions with this game, but there's still a sliver of fun to be had. Wish it wasn't called Hitman though, because it really isn't.

faridmon

As a self proclaimed Nintendo fan, I already abhor how Nintenod have handled the console. Mildly put, its a piece of shit.

I am glad that the 3DS is doing wonderfully.

I love that feature, although it's a blessing and a curse. The game doesn't do a very good job of facilitating utter stealth, instead ushering you to make kills and use your instinct, which in turn frustrates those of us who'd prefer to go unnoticed and with as little footprint as possible. Plus, the disguise system is absolutely awful.

Some baffling design decisions with this game, but there's still a sliver of fun to be had. Wish it wasn't called Hitman though, because it really isn't.

Got to agree with everything here. It's such an uneven game. Some bits are nicely done and other bits are pretty drossy.

The disguise system feels like no thought was put into it, and rather than re-do the entire mechanic they just went with it anyway because they'd designed too much of the game to be dependent on it by that point.

Clegg

BTW those Lewandowski rumours probably stem from the Daily Mail story that was printed a few days ago.

Take with a great big dose of salt.

Wouldn't surprise me if we were interested though. Fergie loves strikers and if Lewa really is going for £15m then SAF might see it as too good an opportunity to miss out on.

Arnie

Wouldn't surprise me if we were interested though. Fergie loves strikers and if Lewa really is going for £15m then SAF might see it as too good an opportunity to miss out on.
Makes sense to me, for the reasons you've listed.
So does anyone else think this may be Wenger's last season?
Nope, the man will prove everyone wrong once again, and fail to win a trophy concurrently.

Scum

It'll be a 3DS-esque start for Nintendo until they get it together. I think MS will be fine their launch though. It's Sony I'm not so sure about. The UK market isn't in the best of health at the moment anyway.

Calling it:

Mourinho to Manchester City
Guardiola to Manchester United
Grant back to Chelsea

The Football Manager merry-go-round begins!

TrueBlue

As a self proclaimed Nintendo fan, I already abhor how Nintenod have handled the console. Mildly put, its a piece of shit.

I am glad that the 3DS is doing wonderfully.

Eh, I played on a demo kiosk yesterday. Seemed pretty good, could be great once a month or two has passed.

dc89

I loved Hitman 2. That was pretty hardcore, I liked how you could smuggle weapons into buildings and stuff say in a basket of groceries. They were incredibly inventive games for their time.

The Vita is a merketing and strategy failure. The WiiU is a lazy pile of shite all round

I wonder if Sony have ever considered merging their gaming sector with MS. They could make such a good console, and the library would be unbelievable

edit: Actually, I'm gonna leave it as merketing. Let the Ferdinand jokes flow

Arnie

I loved Hitman 2. That was pretty hardcore, I liked how you could smuggle weapons into buildings and stuff say in a basket of groceries. They were incredibly inventive games for their time.

Aye, that was great; a wide open expansive level with vast possibilities that had to be played with repeatedly to understand. For the record, I'm not against things like a cover system, or making the actual assassination process more fluid, in terms of garrotting, dragging, etc. What I don't like is being forced to evade police down a linear corridor with a pathetic disguise system that's essentially broken.

Even the actual 'Hitman missions' aren't very good. They require a fraction of the nuance, are almost given away by the challenge system, and can all be gamed by the ridiculous instinct feature. They're like those little mini coke cans you used to be able to buy from Woolworths, and classic hitman is a two litre bottle.

doicare

I hate RedCafe sometimes.

People there are arguing that Lewandowski isn't that much better than Welbeck and Hernandez.
Yeah what the hell are they thinking saying Lewandowski isn't that much better than Welbeck and Hernandez........... he's not better at all.

dc89

Aye, that was great; a wide open expansive level with vast possibilities that had to be played with repeatedly to understand. For the record, I'm not against things like a cover system, or making the actual assassination process more fluid, in terms of garrotting, dragging, etc. What I don't like is being forced to evade police down a linear corridor with a pathetic disguise system that's essentially broken.

Even the actual 'Hitman missions' aren't very good. They require a fraction of the nuance, are almost given away by the challenge system, and can all be gamed by the ridiculous instinct feature. They're like those little mini coke cans you used to be able to buy from Woolworths, and classic hitman is a two litre bottle.

slow_clap.gif

Brilliant analogy.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"Mourinho asks me to play as I did with Tottenham, but at a higher level," Modric told reporters at a press conference.

"My favourite position is as midfielder, playing with Xabi and Khedira. You can't compare it with Tottenham."

He continued: "This is the best club in the world. Santiago Bernabeu is the best stadium I have ever played in. I enjoy every minute on its pitch.

"I think everything is going well," he added, but also noted that the "Spanish League is very tough, especially away matches."

oprah-winfrey-what-gif.gif

I think he just asks you to play, at any level. Rather than look like a lost boy in a grown ups team.

*stupid rat face*

Also, Sandro > Alonso and Khedira :D

Wonder what Sandro is going to do this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom