• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
We're just talking about this season though.

I think it's fair to sy that none of the English clubs have ever performed as badly, at the same time, in the CL.

United are through but played rubbish football in the group stages. Arsenal are through but lost twice in the group stages. Chelsea could very easily go out tomorrow and City haven't won a CL game in two seasons of trying.

The English sides will be very lucky if they make it to the semi finals.

I knew you didn't read my posts you two bit motherfucker. Three wins, two against shit Villarreal and one against fuck Bayern with a weakened team.

3Sixty

A WHITE hip hop fan has been cleared of using racist language despite yelling the n-word at a black man.

Cops arrested Christopher Jones after hearing him shout the offensive word at a group of men which included a black male in Stoke-on-Trent in September.

The 43-year-old rap music fan pleaded not guilty and claimed he could not be racist because he listened to hip hop and had “more black friends than white friends”.

JT is that you?

Manager

Also, City schooled today. Javi Garcia and Sinclair continuing to show how they're some of the worst buys in recent years. what does Garcia even do?

Mancini has lost these kind of matches since he arrived. He.never.learns. And when Dortmund had run total 100km, City were at 94. Embarrassing. After last match in CL he said City needs to run more, but he makes everyone lazy instead.

The tactics are a mess, no one seems to know what they supposed to do. Sad...

Wilbur

Banned
You're talking about two different things, lol.

The -0.5 means they must win by more than half a point or they are 'giving' their opponent half a goal to make it a 'fair' game.

The 3/1 means you bet $3 to win $1.

Also, Ajax's kit is ace. I wish I could set up Ultimate Team to have that as my home kit and Villa's second kit as my second kit.

Wait what. I understand that bit.

wait

what

so i do understand asians after all

IM NOT A RACIST

Clegg

I knew you didn't read my posts you two bit motherfucker. Three wins, two against shit Villarreal and one against fuck Bayern with a weakened team.

Then what was Martin Tyler talking about?

I'm sure he said City haven't won.

I should have remembered myself though :(

Wilbur

Banned
Then what was Martin Tyler talking about?

I'm sure he said City haven't won.

I should have remembered myself though :(

Martin Tyler is a senile old fuck by now. All those hours spent sitting next to Alan Smith will bore the brain cells from your head.

A WHITE hip hop fan has been cleared of using racist language despite yelling the n-word at a black man.

Cops arrested Christopher Jones after hearing him shout the offensive word at a group of men which included a black male in Stoke-on-Trent in September.

The 43-year-old rap music fan pleaded not guilty and claimed he could not be racist because he listened to hip hop and had “more black friends than white friends”.

JT is that you?

I was sure the reasoning would be something like

'He was wearing a Tupac shirt, so I quoted a Tupac lyric hoping he'd get what I was doing. Just a misunderstanding'

That's basically the worst excuse I've ever heard, after that 'one of the lads' excuse.

Meier

The thing is, De Jong may not be worth 100k to a sane human being with no money, but for City he just might be, considering the amount of money you're giving to players anyway. Maicon must be on a fuckload, so must Lescott and Balotelli, and they're hardly starters. De Jong brings a bit more leadership and guts to the side. Mistake letting him go considering their resources anyway, if you ask me.

I think the goal was to move away from overpaying due to FFP. Hard to say in the end but I agree that he was instrumental.

A plain rock is a better option than Javi Garcia.

He looked very good in those first few matches, especially as a scoring option on corners. He has been terrible since though -- his performance against Everton was one of the worst I have seen in ages.

The_Joker

saw this on twitter:

"Manchester City is the first English team not to win a single game in the Champions League group phase. Historic. "

wow!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
saw this on twitter:

"Manchester City is the first English team not to win a single game in the Champions League group phase. Historic. "

wow!

And tomorrow Chelsea will become the first holders to ever exit at the group stage. Assuming Juve have paid Shaktar on time.

Antti

I'm trying to get my head around this shit but I'm tired and writing essays :lol

Do you win often?

I rarely make one of those parlays that the lion's share of the wins are from...but betting is nothing fancy. Most people get around 5-10% ROI (Return on Investment), 10% being pretty much the absolute maximum over the long run. So let's say you bet with 100€, you'll be winning approximately 5-10€ on your every bet. It's a bit tedious, but it gives me some excitement without actually losing...

I follow a few Finnish professional bettors on Twitter and just do what they tell me to do, except for the NHL which I evaluate myself.

To get back to your original question, a question like "Do you win often?" is a bit ambiguous. It's all about playing the right odds, and staying away from the wrong ones.

Ushojax

Olympiakos had 68% of the ball tonight according to the BBC. Quite incredible how far Arsenal's standards are slipping this season.

It wasn't even that weak a side Wenger put out, barring Squillaci and Meade it was either first or second choice players in every position.

Wilbur

Banned
I rarely make one of those parlays that the lion's share of the wins are from...but betting is nothing fancy. Most people get around 5-10% ROI (Return on Investment), 10% being pretty much the absolute maximum over the long run. So let's say you bet with 100€, you'll be winning approximately 5-10€ on your every bet. It's a bit tedious, but it gives me some excitement without actually losing...

I follow a few Finnish professional bettors on Twitter and just do what they tell me to do, except for the NHL which I evaluate myself.

To get back to your original question, a question like "Do you win often?" is a bit ambiguous. It's all about playing the right odds, and staying away from the wrong ones.

See, the first time I ever bet, I put two quid on and won thirty quid, and then I was like fucking a easy money.

Never won anything again since. I'm too ambitious is my problem, I go for the 12 team accumulators time after time.

FootballFan

Olympiakos had 68% of the ball tonight according to the BBC. Quite incredible how far Arsenal's standards are slipping this season.

It wasn't even that weak a side Wenger put out, barring Squillaci and Meade it was either first or second choice players in every position.

FOOTBALL IS DEAD

Clegg

Its easy to see why United aren't as good as they used to be. Our main defensive line has gotten old(Rio), crocked(Vidic), and shit(Evra). Rafael is the only bright spot in our defence atm. I think Jones and Smalling will be good players eventually but right now they're not ready.

When United won the CL we had four great midfielders in Hargreaves, Carrick, Scholes and Fletcher. Hargreaves held his position and gave our defence good cover, Scholes was able to ping passes around the pitch and didn't have to worry so much about defending, ditto Carrick. Fletcher could run for hours and went box to box for the entire game.

Now Hargreaves is gone and we don't really have a great holding midfielder. Scholes has gotten older and is a liability against pacy attacks. Carrick isn't as adventurous in his passing and Fletcher has been greatly diminished due to his illness.

Lastly we used to have a front three of Rooney, Ronaldo, and Tevez. These three could interchange positions at will and where a constant menace to the opposition. I actually think a front three of Rooney, RVP, and Kagawa could do a similar job but we've yet to see that due to injuries.

Wilbur

Banned
Its easy to see why United aren't as good as they used to be. Our main defensive line has gotten old(Rio), crocked(Vidic), and shit(Evra). Rafael is the only bright spot in our defence atm. I think Jones and Smalling will be good players eventually but right now they're not ready.

When United won the CL we had four great midfielders in Hargreaves, Carrick, Scholes and Fletcher. Hargreaves held his position and gave our defence good cover, Scholes was able to ping passes around the pitch and didn't have to worry so much about defending, ditto Carrick. Fletcher could run for hours and went box to box for the entire game.

Now Hargreaves is gone and we don't really have a great holding midfielder. Scholes has gotten older and is a liability against pacy attacks. Carrick isn't as adventurous in his passing and Fletcher has been greatly diminished due to his illness.

Lastly we used to have a front three of Rooney, Ronaldo, and Tevez. These three could interchange positions at will and where a constant menace to the opposition. I actually think a front three of Rooney, RVP, and Kagawa could do a similar job but we've yet to see that due to injuries.

To be fair to Evra, I don't think he's been that bad this season. Certainly been better than Rio for the most part, and chipped in with some goals and assists at least. His positioning's not been quite as suspect as usual... or maybe its just everyone else being shit and they'ved masked it.

Agreed on every other part though. If Kagawa comes back and gets stationed on the wing so Rooney can dick about near the halfway line I'll sob.

Antti

You have to bear in mind Olympiakos is amazing at home. Arsenal were missing A LOT of their key players, who are the absolute foundation to their decisions with the ball.

It's simple.

World Class players in the 08 side:
VDS
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Rooney
Tevez
Ronaldo

World Class players now:
Rooney
RVP

Ushojax

You have to bear in mind Olympiakos is amazing at home. Arsenal were missing A LOT of their key players, who are the absolute foundation to their decisions with the ball.

Oh I expected Arsenal to lose, they lost this game last season. Greek teams are always nightmarish at their home grounds. I have just been surprised with how poor Arsenal keep the ball this season. Swansea had more possession than them at the Emirates on Saturday and that was with Arteta, Cazorla, etc.

Antti

Oh I expected Arsenal to lose, they lost this game last season. Greek teams are always nightmarish at their home grounds. I have just been surprised with how poor Arsenal keep the ball this season. Swansea had more possession than them at the Emirates on Saturday and that was with Arteta, Cazorla, etc.

Can't argue there!

Yuck, the VP of my company just said to a co-worker while discussing Gun Rights, "Do you want to be a victim", while this co-worker said he was unsure if he wanted to keep a firearm in his house.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

oh fuck

move over thiago silva, world's most expensive defender

This literally reads like parody:

Rafa Benitez on Torres said:
“It’s not just scoring goals [with Torres], so I will say something,” Benitez said. “We changed his position in corners, for example. I don’t know if Gary Neville had this opportunity, but if you analyse the corners against, he was amazing. Two or three times he’s cleared the ball and afterwards was just doing man to man because it’s what he had to do.

“He’s a big lad, good in the air, so okay, man to man. He’s a striker so we’ve put him in front and he was really good.”

:lol

Ushojax

Ooooooooooooooooh this is amazing.

Stereotypical Rafa Benitez:

Torres has gotten better at defensive headers at least

ivpxRGE4poeVg.gif

jtb

Banned
It really doesn't matter if you finish second or first. If you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best, and all that. Since we're not the best, the sooner we lose, the sooner we can get the inevitable collapse in form out of the way and start winning some games.

Wilbur

Banned
Yuck, the VP of my company just said to a co-worker while discussing Gun Rights, "Do you want to be a victim", while this co-worker said he was unsure if he wanted to keep a firearm in his house.

No way hahaha

The stereotypical view of Americans as gun nuts isn't going to go away any time soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom