• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

squad stuff

Problem with Liverpool is that though there are a lot of players, it is not at all evenly distributed. So there are way too many RB options but only one recognised left back. A bunch of AMs but only one DM. More goalies than strikers.

And also a few (2 in particular) who are completely hopeless.

Problem with Liverpool is that though there are a lot of players, it is not at all evenly distributed. So there are way too many RB options but only one recognised left back. A bunch of AMs but only one DM. More goalies than strikers.

And also a few (2 in particular) who are completely hopeless.

Wouldn't be Cole and Downing by any chance? :p

I'd add Carra to those 2

Sloosha

When worst-korea is ashes, you have my permission to die

iwtamWHaZC8DS.gif

Lightning

Banned
If we can avoid Barcelona next round I'd be happy facing anyone else. I have no fear of Bayern, Dortmund or Malaga.

Finishing 2nd means no Madrid which is fantastic and we can't play united in the last 16.

Soi-Fong

Dang haven't been in this thread in a while. Planetside 2 has me on a chokehold. The game is sooo good. Recommend for the people who have capable rigs to try it out. It's my GOTY for sure.

2 screenies of a night assault and a convoy. Game does well in making battles feel really epic. All the blue markers on the map are ATV's and Tanks. Graphics set to mostly ultra here.

PlanetSide22012-12-0416-16-37-15.png

PlanetSide22012-12-0416-29-47-49.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not sure who I want in EL. It's a shame we can't finish bottom of the group.

I hate airports.

Dang haven't been in this thread in a while. Planetside 2 has me on a chokehold. The game is sooo good. Recommend for the people who have capable rigs to try it out. It's my GOTY for sure.

2 screenies of a night assault and a convoy. Game does well in making battles feel really epic. All the blue markers on the map are ATV's and Tanks. Graphics set to mostly ultra here.

PlanetSide22012-12-0416-16-37-15.png

PlanetSide22012-12-0416-29-47-49.png
Yes it looks really interesting. I can't wait to check it out. It's on a larger scale than BF3 right?

i want arsenal, would be awesome
Fuck Bayern

Salazar

Latest Banned Paper article arguing "Bale is right to dive" is mindbending even for them. It's as if nobody in the history of football ran fast before Gareth came along. The game needs to adjust its ethics to account for his boggling speed, apparently.

Liverpool targets: Sturridge, Ince, Butland.

:lol :lol :lol

Latest Banned Paper article arguing "Bale is right to dive" is mindbending even for them. It's as if nobody in the history of football ran fast before Gareth came along. The game needs to adjust its ethics to account for his boggling speed, apparently.

Liverpool targets: Sturridge, Ince, Butland.

:lol :lol :lol

Ince and Butland would be good signings imo, although I think Butland would be stupid to move to us

Soi-Fong

Yes it looks really interesting. I can't wait to check it out. It's on a larger scale than BF3 right?

Fuck Bayern

Are you joking? The two can't be compared! Planetside 2 makes even Arma look small! BF3 and COD are ants compared to it. That's the scale of this game. It's pretty easy to get into firefights involving 100+ players in a general area. The beauy about this game is that you don't have to be good at shooting (though it makes it more fun) to contribute to the well-being of your squad, platoon and your faction.

Zabojnik

I'm not sure who I want in EL. It's a shame we can't finish bottom of the group.

Newcastle.

Marchisio is out, Pogba starting tonight. I'm sure Shakhtar players are going to run circles around him, but it's still great to see how quickly he has become the default go to midfielder when one between Vidal, Marchisio and Pirlo is missing.

Salazar

Ince and Butland would be good signings imo, although I think Butland would be stupid to move to us

Feels like the Tom Ince transfer will be an agonisingly protracted pisstake for whoever sticks at it.

Daniel Sturridge is about as good a player as his dad is a pundit.

Feels like the Tom Ince transfer will be an agonisingly protracted pisstake for whoever sticks at it.

Daniel Sturridge is about as good a player as his dad is a pundit.

Did you get them the wrong way round?

If we go for Ince, people will try and make it look like we made a massive fuck-up 'letting him go,' but I'd rather get him back if Rodgers really wants him. I'd rather go for Zaha tbh though, even if he's less refined than Ince, and doesn't quite have the stats to back up his ability

Are you joking? The two can't be compared! Planetside 2 makes even Arma look small! BF3 and COD are ants compared to it. That's the scale of this game. It's pretty easy to get into firefights involving 100+ players in a general area. The beauy about this game is that you don't have to be good at shooting (though it makes it more fun) to contribute to the well-being of your squad, platoon and your faction.
Oh man I want in on this. That sounds great. Is it still in beta or has it gotten a proper release already?

Fuck it I'd even take Sturridge at this point. He was a beast when he was given a decent run of games at Bolton.

Sturridge did well with us last season tbf but he's too selfish. Which is a shame because he could be great. If we get a decent price (hoping for the £15m) with a sell on clause I won't mind. Need a replacement though…

Soi-Fong

Oh man I want in on this. That sounds great. Is it still in beta or has it gotten a proper release already?

It's on Steam. Full release already. Don't be afraid to PM me if you have any questions. If you wanna play with Gaf people, we're on the server, "Mattherson" and faction is Vanu Republic.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Newcastle.

Marchisio is out, Pogba starting tonight. I'm sure Shakhtar players are going to run circles around him, but it's still great to see how quickly he has become the default go to midfielder when one between Vidal, Marchisio and Pirlo is missing.
It's his time to shine.

I know we turned him into a very capable vice-Bonucci, but I can't help but feel bad for Luke Brown. :( Home grown and older than Pogba.

Sturridge did well with us last season tbf but he's too selfish. Which is a shame because he could be great. If we get a decent price (hoping for the £15m) with a sell on clause I won't mind. Need a replacement though…

Its really weird though. He could be a very, very good player, a level above Welbeck and Hernandez. But he has that massive hole in his game that in theory should be easy to train out of him, but its become worse and worse as his career has gone on.

Mastadon

Banned
He was less selfish at Bolton than he is at Chelsea. I don't get it.

I'd imagine it's because he's desperate to stake his claim to the striker role, and the only way to do that is to be scoring goals. I'm not sure we could accommodate him any better in that position though, with Suarez playing so well.

Zabojnik

It's his time to shine.

I know we turned him into a very capable vice-Bonucci, but I can't help but feel bad for Luke Brown. :( Home grown and older than Pogba.

I feel bad too, but at the same time I'd rather see him join a smaller Serie A side than warm our bench. Something's been bugging me though. Taking for granted that we're shipping Lucio off in January, if we loan Luke Brown too ... Two CBs gone. We should expect a Padoin-style Marotta signing in defence, shouldn't we?

I think Conte should've continued to play Marrone as Pirlo's backup, now that we know Pogba is much better as a mezzala. At least until Verratti returns to his nest, as per Tuttosport's entirely credible breaking news.

What exactly happened last year in CL to Borussia, Milchmonster? Maybe we can learn from you guys seeing how ... ehhh.

Don't know. We weren't that bad last year either, just made some crucial mistakes every match and didn't score enough. That's gone now. Only Kehl has played CL before, the whole coaching staff and all the other players hadn't before. Maybe it was the inexperience, maybe we just wanted too much. The pressure was much higher last season because it was a "easy" group, nobody really said that we must make it past the group stages with Ajax and Real.

PJX

So am I though.

It's still an idiotic article which basically condones cheating.

I'm not disagreeing it's an idiotic article, I was simply pointing out that British media are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. That paper is the same paper that went on a crusade against Suarez for his supposedly diving.

dc89

Hulk is such a whiny little diva. His sulk last night was incredible. This is the player who tried to take action with UEFA over City fans singing "You're not incredible" when he was having a stinker against us.

:lol

It's on Steam. Full release already. Don't be afraid to PM me if you have any questions. If you wanna play with Gaf people, we're on the server, "Mattherson" and faction is Vanu Republic.
Cheers! I added you on Steam.

I hope I'll get to build my pc this month, but it might take a while. My current rig doesn't reach the minimum requirements so there's that. I downloaded it anyway and I'll see if I can try to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom