• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesun

That Martin Samuel article was easily one of the worst I've ever read. This guy was Sports Writer of the Year...
I'm baffled they let him publish that garbage in the first place. If I was in Joey's shoes I'd be on the phone with the lawyers right about now trying to sue their pants off.

The "let Bale dive" article takes some beating.

baleheartreverse33rg6.gif

nemesun

Gareth would you take Modric back if Real offer him back? He seems pretty stagnated at Real these days.

He used to be quality:
kr42W.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gareth would you take Modric back if Real offer him back? He seems pretty stagnated at Real these days.

He used to be quality:
kr42W.gif

Even that dive wasn't enough to win us that game. Worst refereeing performance of all time, one handball assist for Crouch, one cast iron penalty on Kaboul not given instead he was booked for complaining, one Shawcross handball on the goal line, one Spurs goal ruled offside despite Adebayor being literally 5 yards onside, second booking for Kaboul after the slightest contact with some wanker near the corner flag, then a penalty given after Modric dived over a clumsy dangling leg.

nemesun

Even that dive wasn't enough to win us that game. Worst refereeing performance of all time, one handball assist for Crouch, one cast iron penalty on Kaboul not given instead he was booked for complaining, one Shawcross handball on the goal line, one Spurs goal ruled offside despite Adebayor being literally 5 yards onside, second booking for Kaboul after the slightest contact with some wanker near the corner flag, then a penalty given after Modric dived over a clumsy dangling leg.

Good grief man, you still salty about it? You didn't lose out on the CL because of that Stoke game, the truth of the matter is 'arry just pulled an inside job on yer lot. We all know he's a proper gooner.

He used to be quality:
kr42W.gif

No. Like Berbatov he isn't welcome at our club any more. For all his skills he has zero class off the pitch.

Would you be happy to see Walcott go in January? Doesn't look like he's going to be signing a new contract.

divecottnvovi.gif

fuenf

Mh, the Vicotria's Secret Fashion Show was surprisingly watchable (even with Bieber). Not as good the legendary one with Usher, but still good entertainment.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Good grief man, you still salty about it? You didn't lose out on the CL because of that Stoke game, the truth of the matter is 'arry just pulled an inside job on yer lot. We all know he's a proper gooner.

Oh I don't blame the referee for us missing the CL, he just had a horrendous game that day. The players and staff are responsible for our failure, no-one else.. We drew with Villa 1-1 in the 37th game and that is what killed us. A defeat would have been meaningless as it would still have gone to the last day but Harry didn't seem to understand that and his only sub was to put Parker on in the 80 something minute. Had we won that game we would have finished 3rd but Harry didn't seem to understand that or the rule about CL winners taking 4th spot. Right up until the end of the season he was saying he wanted Chelsea to win.

Antti

Coppa Italia for today:
Pescara +0,75 54%

Serie A for the weekend so far:
Roma -0,5 54,5% & u3,25 57%
Atalanta +0 65% & u2,25 51%

UCL for today:
Shaktar -0,5 30%
Spartak +0,5 51%

What is this, a kids school playground? Every team has divers in it, get over it. Oh wait it's Tottenham and Arsenal fans....carry on

elseanio

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/watch-he-ain-t-heavy-video-now

Video for the Hillsborough charity single.

You can watch the full version of the Hillsborough charity single video 'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother' right now and raise money by downloading the track.

To hear the song, which features a selection of music's biggest artists including Melanie C, Rebecca Ferguson, Gerry Marsden, Sir Paul McCartney and Robbie Williams, access the clip below.

The physical edition of the single will be released on December 17, but the digital version is already available to be pre-ordered via iTunes, HMV, 7 Digital and Amazon.

You can also purchase the cover, originally written by The Hollies, by texting the word 'Justice' to 80010 from your mobile phone in the UK (£1 + standard network rate).

From the Republic of Ireland, text 'Justice' to 53600 if you would like to pre-order a copy (€1.50 + standard network rate).

All proceeds generated by the single will be contributed to the ongoing fight for justice on behalf of the 96 supporters who lost their lives at Hillsborough in 1989.

In addition to the video, LFC TV and LFC TV Online will also be presenting the inside story of 'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother' in a behind-the-scenes documentary.

'The Road is Long' will feature never-before-seen footage from the recordings and exclusive interviews with many of the contributors from The Justice Collective.

Details of a release date on both LFC TV and LFC TV Online will follow soon.

nemesun

No. Like Berbatov he isn't welcome at our club any more. For all his skills he has zero class off the pitch.

Would you be happy to see Walcott go in January? Doesn't look like he's going to be signing a new contract.

divecottnvovi.gif

I had a bet with scum supporting brother of mine at the beginning of the season that Walnut will end up at Manu. It's already written, Fergie wants to get shot of Nani, Walnut and Robin have a personal chemistry.

nemesun

Oh I don't blame the referee for us missing the CL, he just had a horrendous game that day. The players and staff are responsible for our failure, no-one else.. We drew with Villa 1-1 in the 37th game and that is what killed us. A defeat would have been meaningless as it would still have gone to the last day but Harry didn't seem to understand that and his only sub was to put Parker on in the 80 something minute. Had we won that game we would have finished 3rd but Harry didn't seem to understand that or the rule about CL winners taking 4th spot. Right up until the end of the season he was saying he wanted Chelsea to win.
What an absolute plonker.

Salazar

I had a bet with scum supporting brother of mine at the beginning of the season that Walnut will end up at Manu. It's already written, Fergie wants to get shot of Nani, Walnut and Robin have a personal chemistry.

:lol

Walcott should just go to the A League. Get it over with.

Blablurn

International titles: Müller 1 (Euro 1972) Messi 0 ;)

Stupid comparison overall, different players, different times. Given Müller's physique in the picture, however, i find his accomplishments more impressive ;)
just kidding
Müller won the fucking world cup with his winning goal in 74 :p

dc89

Woohoo! Can't wait to get it. Won't be bothering with the demo personally though. Love Studio Ghibli and Level 5..a match made in heaven for me.

I really enjoyed the demo. The visuals, the music, the world map! It's brilliant.

fuenf

Don't think it is at all; it's just not a barometer that turnips like Pele use to discredit Messi

Neymar >>>> ALL. ;)

Yeah it's a dumb barometer, but tbh all things considered i think CR7 should win the Ballon d'Or this year. He had the best all around year (including the Euro).

I hope Bayern stomp over BATE for having been silly against Valencia and Lille.

I fully expect this to be a 6-0, 7-0 thrashing with Gomez scoring three. This season Bayern didnt really have one of those yet, so i think it's time.

fuenf

Messi confirmed for doing the same 2 years after having the most goals scored record.

1972-1974. 2012-2014. Coincidence? I think not.

Rofl I want Germany to win the next WC, but if they cant do it, Messi winning it in Brazil would be the next best thing (preferable against Brazil / Portugal in the final).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom