• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor554

First news from Barcelona dressing-room on Messi's injury: knock on knee, it doesn't seem serious, further tests ongoing #fcblive [catradio]
Hope this is the case.

Anyone remember that injury few season back when some(Atletico?) player injured Messi and it looked quite bad then. Only missed game or two.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Tito should learn from this, don't put your best players in meaningless matches.

Dortmund would beat Celtic about 10-0 on aggregate. I want a team who can't finish. Hello, Juve.

Oh wait, that can't happen. Erm, anyone will do then.

btu we wuv you :)

Players to miss the first leg in the round of 16:

Chiellini (Juve) - third yellow
Boateng (Bayern) - red
Messi apparently? :|

United still in the champions league, Chelsea in the Europa, may as well hand the premier league to City now!

Delighted for Celtic too, they can do wonderful things when they don't have to focus on beating rangers the whole time.

Excited for the draw tomorrow

LegoArmo

Average points by Scottish teams in the Champions League: 10
Average points by English teams in the Champions League: 8.75

SPL is the best league in the world.

FootballFan

Hope this is the case.

Anyone remember that injury few season back when some(Atletico?) player injured Messi and it looked quite bad then. Only missed game or two.

I remember, it was Ujfaulusi. It looked horrible and he played 10 days later lol. I really hope that it's nothing big though.

JUST TO BE CLEAR THIS IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED TODAY AGAINST BENFICA lol. It's from 2 seasons ago I think.

Here it is

Messi+tackle.jpg

tobillo-Messi-patadon-Ujfalusi-WWWSPORTES_OLEIMA20100919_0075_3.jpg

mxgt

Banned
So this pretty much confirms what everyone knows in that Chelsea are the worst CL winners of all time, right?

feel

Glad to see Benfica out, those were some ultra levels of pechofrio-ness near the end, absolutely embarassing for me as Portuguese.

Kyoufu

If his ankle blew up then he's out for months........

WHAT ABOUT THAT RECORD

Can they sub him in for penalties? :lol

fuenf

So this pretty much confirms what everyone knows in that Chelsea are the worst CL winners of all time, right?

yes, but doesnt really matter. they won the trophy and that's all that counts, nobody will ask in couple of years what happened the year after

dc89

Rekik signed a new long term contract with City. A big talent for the future.

299982_10152316016260455_1094663553_n.jpg

#BasedMarwood getting business done.

doicare

Really bad news about that injury to the best player of this generation, possibly the best player of all time. Get well soon Tom Cleverley.

Zabojnik

Depends on what you mean. We have the most fans and a lot of our fans aren't from Torino itself. We're also the most successful Italian club. But I'd say that in terms of non-Juve fans, more of them hate Inter than Juve.

I'd say we're the most hated club, but that's understandable. It's the same with ManU, Real, Barca, Bayern ... I'm sure you can figure out why. Inter isn't as much hated as it is ridiculed. Again, no need to explain why.

Matri comes on to gallop around the pitch before we put him out to pasture in January. I won't hide the fact that I'd love to see him get back into form, though.

He will get back into form, hopefully somewhere else. <3

Do you think any Udinese fans would care more about a scudetto that they would never even win or the fact that juve scores an offside goal/random redcard/ghost goal against them?
I don't think any court has said that we're guilty of anything unlike Juve and no, the report that your friend Palazzi did a couple of years ago doesn't actually means shit since it's not actually a trial. Did you hear that Giraudo(Juve's CEO at the time of Calciopoli) today got 1 year and 8 months? :lol
If you count any juventino we're easily the most hated team, but thats obvious since juve has the biggest fanbase.

Our 'friend' Palazzi? Uhuhuh. Facchetti says hi. Or aren't we allowed to talk about his 'entertaining' calls to Bergamo & Pairetto because he was a club legend and a nice guy? Strangely enough, nobody even knew about those conversations until it was too late for them to have any judicial weight. They don't call you 'prescritti' for nothing.

Solid effort from our guys, Vidal was great on Willian, Chiellini (he'll miss the next match, sigh) perfect on Mkhitarian.

Lastly, a heartfelt (but not really) FUCK YOU to Timurid, Andres and let's say Lightning. Roll on Real Madrid!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Zubizarreta (sports director): "Messi's injury seems to be a minor thing, but we'll have further tests." #fcblive [canal+]

nothing serious, I was sweating bullets for a moment there.

FootballFan

Well yeah Chelsea had luck and aren't the best champions ever but imo they get too much hate for celebrating it. Most of them admit luck had a lot to do with it.

They lost on penalties in the final to ManUnited and were unlucky against us in the semis 08/09. They were bound to have luck go their way some time or another.

Anyways most teams against them were at fault majorly for horrible finishing.

Wow, just saw Barca/Benfica highlights. How did Benfica miss so many chances?

Yep, horrible, horrible finishing from Benfica. Pinto did well too but Benfica should have scored especially in the 12th minute. 3 vs 1 and greediness loses it for them.

You do realize that Giraudo got a sentance reduction?
Thanks to statute of limitations or he got acquitted? He was found guilty on appeal for sports fraud and criminal conspiracy, which isn't nice shit and it was also for a game against Udinese. :lol
Anyway, no point arguing. You guys get as many decisions go our way as Juventus or Milan respectively. Lets not pretend it isn't true.
Nah, i'm not saying that people hate juve 'cos they cheat but because they did years ago, people don't forget shit like that easily. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom