• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes Contributor: New Exclusive Details on Marathon - Spring 2025, Hero Shooter, 300 developers

Draugoth

Gold Member
images

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...on-details-on-heroes-price-and-radio-silence/

• $40 price tag is legit
  • Too late to go back to a pure F2P model
  • No significant reveals until spring 2025, might get a shorter vid before then
  • Hero/class system is most comparable to Apex, but with more customization. Abilities like double jump, fast revive, etc. Guns and gear can be customized a lot
  • Barrett to Ziegler switch brought the "hero" concept. Barrett’s vision of a game with echoes of the mysteries of the Dreaming City or World’s First type races. Will still have puzzles and secrets but not at the same scale.
  • Art direct and aesthetics haven't changed from the reveal trailer
  • 2025 will be a tough target to hit. Sony wants it to come in 2025 and "if it doesn't = bad"
  • Optimism is not exactly widespread at Bungie in the current situation, and among the Marathon team of 300 people (the majority of Bungie is still on Destiny 2)

Last edited:

tmlDan

Oh yes. Heroes is exactly what I thought was missing from shooters.
how would they monetize it otherwise?

the biggest issue is having a premium price AND a battlepass, not characters with abilities. Thats in every game now.

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
if its more than a year away the $40 price point can still change, none of this is set in stone with that much time left till release
This is honestly the biggest pain point. A lot of people will choose not to try this because of the $40 price tag. F2P means you get more people giving it a chance. Still time to change that.

tmlDan

This is honestly the biggest pain point. A lot of people will choose not to try this because of the $40 price tag. F2P means you get more people giving it a chance. Still time to change that.
if they're already planning a BP and paid cosmetics they shouldn't make it pay to play, thats insane

The only popular hero shooter in the market is Overwarch 2.
apex, even Fortnite is at this point, Rivals will be too

Last edited:

HogIsland

i'm in for the aesthetics of the trailer and bungie gun feel.

$40 is fine if the game is good

apex legends is one of the better models to copy.

sounds like a 2026 game, which doesn't help playstation's immediate problem, which is lack of strong first party content

this generation sucks ass. time to abandon generations entirely.

Z O N E

A hero shooter? Wasn't this supposed to be an extraction game?

I guess they knew Concord was going to crash land and decided to take its place.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
This gets worse every time I read some new info on it.

It's now a hero shooter instead of extraction?

Just fucking cancel it already.
Sounds like both? Extraction shooter where you pick a hero to play as. Here's hoping they clarify soon and start beta testing.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
300 people for a game like this isn't sufficient? I was really hopeful after this first got announced. I hope they can figure this out.

Zacfoldor

I just want to crawl up into a ball and cry.

Bungie, what is this, what are you doing. You were the best.

Can someone just put Bungie on a real game please? How about a new first person shooter with an optional multiplayer mode and a large single player campaign?

FUBARx89

Oh dear. Concord 2.0. Even the Bungie name won't make a 40 dollar hero shooter popular. Spesh if its like Apex which is dropping players as far as I know.

Bungie deal already looked awful. But it just keeps getting worse and worse.

Sony really are going to shit.

Top Bottom