• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes Contributor: New Exclusive Details on Marathon - Spring 2025, Hero Shooter, 300 developers

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This is not looking good. Shorter vid like another pointless trailer showing nothing excepts faceless colorful robots? This won't work.

Just show gameplay and nothing more, like when you did Destiny ! Don't hide your game deficiencies by spending millions on useless CGIs.
The less public feedback, the less room for error.

Concord showed the world what kind of game it was and how it looked just 3 months from release. And a beta a month from launch. No time to overhaul anything aside from maybe a patch and gunplay tweaks.

If Marathon comes out next year with gamers going blind, it's begging to be grilled like Concord. Those internal employees better know what they're doing.

sachos

Yeah. To be fair there isn't much to go off except rumour's and puff pieces like the one linked in the OP. The Trailer was absolute fire though.

That music and design look quite inspired to me. Will have to wait for actual gameplay to make judgement but it being GAAS automatically puts it in the danger zone.

Last edited:

xanaum

Neo Member
I keep wondering what the vibe must be like on the dev team for this game after Concord and all the chaos at Bungie. It's like standing in line where the guy in front of you just blew up, and you're next.

To be more exact, maybe the Fairgame guys are next in line and the Marathon team is right after them

This is going to flop and everyone probably knows it but a paycheck is a paycheck so I guess they'll finish it come hell or high water just so they have something to put on their resumes

Sony blowing billions on Bungie will go down in history as a Microsoft-tier acquisition blunder

Last edited:
Paul Tassi is a joke of a journalist, he fawns over anything Bungie and will spin baseless narratives just to keep writing stuff about his favorite studio. Anything coming from him is heavily biased and should be taken with a giant grain of salt.

Fumble GIF by SB Nation

Sony all gen

hlm666

All I wanted was Sci-fi Tarkov not this heroshooter nonsense.

ARC Raiders is my last hope I guess. :messenger_unamused:
Game called forever winter is hitting early access on the 24th, it's a kind of post apocalyptic scifi extraction shooter. Could scratch that itch if it doesn't suck.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
All I wanted was Sci-fi Tarkov not this heroshooter nonsense.

ARC Raiders is my last hope I guess. :messenger_unamused:
I wouldn't put too much stock into this.

There are a small number of reliable to semi reliable leakers out there like Schrier, Grubb, Henderson etc...

Paul Tassi is never mentioned in this group. He's a charlatan.

Remember to take rumours with a grain of salt especially if it is from someone like Paul Tassi( not to mention how wrong he was in his recent rumour, "Sony has exclusive deal for black myth wukong", and how fast he backpedaled).

Good luck taking on COD, Apex & Fortnite etc as well as their release cadence.

Bungie could have smashed a PvP GaaS story campaign style game out of the park. I'd kill for Halo 1-3 style sci fi combined with D1 raid and D2 strikes to play solo or with 2-4 friends while running across other teams out there in a persistent universe.

Shit could have been cool AF.

PSYGN

Good luck taking on COD, Apex & Fortnite etc as well as their release cadence.

Bungie could have smashed a PvP GaaS story campaign style game out of the park. I'd kill for Halo 1-3 style sci fi combined with D1 raid and D2 strikes to play solo or with 2-4 friends while running across other teams out there in a persistent universe.

Shit could have been cool AF.

I wish they would make Destiny 3 already. Even though I never stuck playing the game through seasons it was always fun exploring the worlds and learning things on release with everyone.

Last edited:

playbignbox

Neo Member
I would prefer something closer to the Halo genre and with a campaign, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and hope that Bungie makes a good game, even if it's not in the genre I'd like.

Top Bottom