• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Everyone is busy pitying Kvyat, but I wonder how Ricciardo feels right now.

Probably feels his competitive blood boiling. Dude's racecraft is highly regarded for a reason.

Anyways these two at Red Bull showing why they have the seat and why Kvyat is in the junior team?

paskowitz

Ricciardo be like...

5J4wBxE.gif

Zeknurn

Alright, my prediction for an easy pole and easy win for Hamilton is still on track. Now Rosberg just needs to have his timely MGU-H failure.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Anyways these two at Red Bull showing why they have the seat and why Kvyat is in the junior team?

Funny how Kvyat's first move after the qualifying was to blame his team.

Unless he can massively impress over the rest of the season, this guy's time is over.

Come on Ricciardo, stop sandbagging.

Hahahaaaa you sneaky bugger I knew Max wasn't going to trounce him like that.

ALSO

Lewis' car works during fist two races in quali, no poles for Nico.

Merc fuck up Lewis car two quali in a row, two poles for Nico.

Lewis' car works again, no poles for Nico.

There's a pattern there somewhere.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's quite amazing that Verstappen absolutely delivered on his first qualifying and everyone is acting like he lost a WDC, the hype was real.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Arrivabene will be fired for sure. Looks like their upgrade package does not work at all.

All teams made a step forward, only Ferrari and Williams are going back the grid

Ark

Great laps by both Ricciardo and Verstappen.

First qualy I've watched since Australia and it was really good :D

Pretty good I imagine. He easily outqualified Verstappen..
That he is still the boss and has nothing to be afraid of?
Probably feels his competitive blood boiling. Dude's racecraft is highly regarded for a reason.

Don't get me wrong and it wasn't meant to be negative towards him or to over-valuating Verstappen. I'd much rather see Danny further up the grid than Max. I'd honestly like to know what Danny thinks of Max, after seeing his qualifying session.

What's up with Ferrari?

Their car usually doesn't get better as the season progresses.

Upinsmoke

Arrivabene reckons something is wrong with both cars. I just find that highly unlikely, that both cars could be coincidentally slow. It's not a coincidence, the cars shit

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Arrivabene reckons something is wrong with both cars. I just find that highly unlikely, that both cars could be coincidentally slow. It's not a coincidence, the cars shit

They should unbolt all new parts, maybe they will be faster lol
Sergio Marchionne is probably pissed as fuck ("We will probably win soon, beginning in Spain")

hamchan

It's quite amazing that Verstappen absolutely delivered on his first qualifying and everyone is acting like he lost a WDC, the hype was real.

Is it the Sky commentary being all negative? Not watching right now.

Anyways hype is real in RBR right now. Wonderboy shows he deserves the seat and Ricciardo now has someone to push him to go even faster.

Upinsmoke

They should unbolt all new parts, maybe they will be faster lol
Sergio Marchionne is probably pissed as fuck ("We will probably win soon, beginning in Spain")

They've been going backwards since Australia though, or if not going backwards not making strides like others around them.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Also, Renault/TAG is bringing new, upgraded engine to Canada. They made huge progress over winter, but it is also very apparent that new aero stuff on RBR works as it should.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Hope RBR don't start whining about Renault.

Dr. Helmut Marko is not even using word Renault, it is TAG Heuer for them. Also he said that they need engine upgrade (which is coming in Canada) and they will be able to attack Mercedes at tracks like Hungary and Singapore

Dr. Helmut Marko is not even using word Renault, it is TAG Heuer for them. Also he said that they need engine upgrade (which is coming in Canada) and they will be able to attack Mercedes at tracks like Hungary and Singapore

Right, but I hope they don't whine when it's Spa or Monza.

Honda need a second team, to see how awful the Mclaren chassis is.

Zeknurn

Hope RBR don't start whining about Renault.

Renault sent Red Bull a power unit supply offer today, just two days before the deadline, they were even willing to talk about supplying Toro Rosso again. I think we all know who's the dominant one in their relationship.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Italian media reporting that Kimi said that team made some setup changes right before Q1

Vettel said something similar. Apparently, the changes didn't work as expected.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I think that they messed up their tyre operating window with those changes, car was sliding around like being on ice, mostly in S3. And they cannot change anything due to Parc Ferme

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Any thoughts on the GP2 season starting this weekend?

Gasly, Sirotkin, Lynn seem to be contenders to succeed Vandoorne's throne.

Mastah

Gasly should sweep most of pole positions. But races, well, there are so many closely matched guys it's difficult to pick up clear favourite. Probably consistency will win at the end.

As shown by Sirotkin :D

Mastah

Whiting is a fucking moron. Why throw a Safety Car out when it's the last lap and car is in gravel at the end of sector one? Double yellows and let them race for the rest of lap :/

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Whiting is a fucking moron. Why throw a Safety Car out when it's the last lap and car is in gravel at the end of sector one? Double yellows and let them race for the rest of lap :/

Raffaele Marciello was classified in eighth despite ending up in the gravel courtesy of a punt from debutant Antonio Giovinazzi, provisionally able to keep his points thanks to the chequered flag being waved a lap early.

I was wondering whether that chequered flag was a bit too early. I guess that was indeed the case, giving Marciello reverse-grid pole.

Edit: I guess it's more like that F1 Interlagos 2003 race where the results up to a previous lap counted (giving Fisichella the win a week later).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom