• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I wouldnt be so sure about that, Merc so far seem to have the most reliabilty issues of all the front runners, they cant afford to push their engines too much especially in race...

Lewis had issues with his PU, that is correct. On the other side, Nico only suffered in Monaco due to issues with getting heat in the tyres. Talk about other issues from Toto is just a part of their pace masking scheme, before FIA alters the rules again against their advantage.

What? Ferrari is far worse than merc in terms of engine reliability.

Well they managed to fix their issues, but at heavy price - they have only four more tokens to spend for the rest of the season, if I calculated that right (3 for Russia and 3 for Canada with only 9 left after winter). Mercedes still has 11 tokens to use.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
40NQU8h.gif

You can't see it, but he's in danger of drowning in his helmet from the drooling
or tears.

Ark

Wow Williams really stagnated if they got outqualied by RB at this circuit.

Are they due for any upgrades soon?

I feel like Williams really needs a much bigger budget if they ever hope to achieve the success they knew last century.

Zaru

I feel like Williams really needs a much bigger budget if they ever hope to achieve the success they knew last century.

They're actually hitting quite above their weight in terms of results from budget, or at least have since the V6 era.
There are 4 teams spending upwards of 400 million, more than twice of what Williams is spending, and yet they've clinched 3rd twice. Mostly thanks to McLaren consistently fucking itself over in that era, and either Ferrari or Red Bull having issues before this year, but still.

You're right though, without a top tier budget they can't become a top tier team.

Ark

They're actually hitting quite above their weight in terms of results from budget, or at least have since the V6 era.
There are 4 teams spending upwards of 400 million, more than twice of what Williams is spending, and yet they've clinched 3rd twice. Mostly thanks to McLaren consistently fucking itself over in that era, and either Ferrari or Red Bull having issues before this year, but still.

You're right though, without a top tier budget they can't become a top tier team.

Oh yeah I don't dispute that, but they simply can't compete on level terms with the likes of Mercedes & Red Bull.

Also, I hadn't noticed this, wow. Hamilton is only 15 poles away from Schumacher's record.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Lewis said in his interview that he felt that there is more speed in the car, but he couldn't extract it. He also added that his pole lap could be better.

Loris146

Oh yeah I don't dispute that, but they simply can't compete on level terms with the likes of Mercedes & Red Bull.

Also, I hadn't noticed this, wow. Hamilton is only 15 poles away from Schumacher's record.

Senna number is unreal damn.

Breakage

Does anyone know of a good book that explains the technical side of F1 from the ground up?
I want to understand the sport, but I find the technical side difficult to get to grips with.
A single point of reference that explains how things work on a modern F1 car work (to influence performance) would be helpful.

braves01

Banned
I think I'm gonna watch Canada tomorrow. I caught Monaco by accident a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it, so hopefully tomorrow's race is good too.

I would love to see McLaren Honda as strong as in the old days. Would put some pressure on Mercedes/Ferrari while Renault struggles.
Makes me wonder how much fight would be left in Button at this point. Alonso I think if he's motivated could still bring it since he rung the life out of that McHonda today.

LordAmused

Makes me wonder how much fight would be left in Button at this point. Alonso I think if he's motivated could still bring it since he rung the life out of that McHonda today.

I think both of them just by being experienced drivers are a big + for McLaren Honda's R&D. It will be interesting to see what Alonso will do tomorrow in 60kmh winds and cold weather, near 12 celsius. I bet the Red Bull will have a pretty good race, it was a little too hot/humid for them today.

I think both of them just by being experienced drivers are a big + for McLaren Honda's R&D. It will be interesting to see what Alonso will do tomorrow in 60kmh winds and cold weather, near 12 celsius. I bet the Red Bull will have a pretty good race, it was a little too hot/humid for them today.
Is Button really great at developing a car though? People claim Hamilton is shit at that for some odd reason for example. Ferrari proves to be terrible with that regardless of who the lead driver is these days.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Is Button really great at developing a car though? People claim Hamilton is shit at that for some odd reason for example. Ferrari proves to be terrible with that regardless of who the lead driver is these days.

I think that's one of them myths you hear about. Like how Rosberg is more studious compared to Hamilton, or how Vettel can't overtake.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Only 12 degrees Celsius, that is like 6 degrees less than yesterday. Teams will have a huge issue with getting their tyres to the working temperature - start and run down to the first combination could be a nice concert of lockups.. Add quite windy conditions to the mix and you will have a difficult race for all teams

Megasoum

Banned
It's that time of the year where I take the subway on the weekend and I see a bunch of people on their way to the F1 GP and it fucking bums me out... Ugh

Lach

They will still have to use two different compounds. And I think pirelli chooses one of them for all, but I'm not sure.

Mastah

Only 12 degrees Celsius, that is like 6 degrees less than yesterday.

"But why Montreal is stand alone race in the middle of season? Let's host it back to back with Austin in October/November, what possibly could go wrong?"

The largest bulk of rain looks like it'll stay away through the race. Very light showers intermittent.

US viewers, the coverage seems to have moved over to NBCSN from NBC, which is sort of understandable considering the news.

Chris R

People in the USA, race has been moved from NBC to NBCSN due to the Orlando Shootings. This moves the IndyCar race from MSNBC to CNBC.

The Canadian Grand Prix will now air entirely on @NBCSN from 1pm ET. For the Firestone 600 IndyCar race, tune in to @CNBC from 2pm ET.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom